Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
BBPearlGurl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Unhappy Looking for replacement parts

Please Login to Remove!

On top of my Pearl next to the mute button is a silver piece that has gotten scratched. Is there anywhere I can find a replacement for it? I've found sites that carry the silver side pieces and battery doors but not this particular one. I'm guessing it's because it's not replaceable, but I refuse to believe that! Does anyone have a line on where I might be able to find this piece?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBPearlGurl View Post
On top of my Pearl next to the mute button is a silver piece that has gotten scratched. Is there anywhere I can find a replacement for it? I've found sites that carry the silver side pieces and battery doors but not this particular one. I'm guessing it's because it's not replaceable, but I refuse to believe that! Does anyone have a line on where I might be able to find this piece?
It's acutally part of the mid-plate. The whole plate can be purchased but you will have to tear it down and re-build it! (Actually, that piece on mine had the chrome flake off of it after a few months with no damage and for no reason).

BB-8100-04 BlackBerry 8100 Pearl OEM midplate w/ chrome side rails- Motorola, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Mobiado, Sony, Dopod/O2, BlackBerry, Acer, Micr

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
BBPearlGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
It's acutally part of the mid-plate. The whole plate can be purchased but you will have to tear it down and re-build it! (Actually, that piece on mine had the chrome flake off of it after a few months with no damage and for no reason).

BB-8100-04 BlackBerry 8100 Pearl OEM midplate w/ chrome side rails- Motorola, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Mobiado, Sony, Dopod/O2, BlackBerry, Acer, Micr
Yeah, what's up with that? The rest of my phone is pristine but that piece looks awful. But that process sounds scary, I'd probably ruin the dang thing! If I buy a new mid-plate, is there somewhere I can take to have a pro do it? I would totally cry if I ruined my BB. Thanks for the info and quick response BTW.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBPearlGurl View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? The rest of my phone is pristine but that piece looks awful. But that process sounds scary, I'd probably ruin the dang thing! If I buy a new mid-plate, is there somewhere I can take to have a pro do it? I would totally cry if I ruined my BB. Thanks for the info and quick response BTW.
I was so upset by it...no I have just accepted it. Not to mention I am do for an upgrade and ATT just got the 8120...I'm really excited! You are welcome for the information. Ok, here is what I found on the repair. They don't mention doing the mid-plate but you may want to get in touch with them (I am sure they would) they *say* it's a 24hr turn-around. Great if it's true!

BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry 8100, 8120, 8130 Pearl

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
BBPearlGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
I was so upset by it...no I have just accepted it. Not to mention I am do for an upgrade and ATT just got the 8120...I'm really excited! You are welcome for the information. Ok, here is what I found on the repair. They don't mention doing the mid-plate but you may want to get in touch with them (I am sure they would) they *say* it's a 24hr turn-around. Great if it's true!

BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry 8100, 8120, 8130 Pearl

Good Luck!

E-
One last thing: my Pearl is white and the mid-plate on the site is black. Do you know if they sell white ones? Am I S.O.L.?