Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #81
onepoonis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

PocketMac works without a hitch for me. I haven't had any problems with it. But, I only do simple syncs of iCal and Address Book.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #82
onepoonis

Model: 9530

RIM needs to make DM for Mac users. Why should PC users get it for free while Mac users have to pay!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #83
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSEG View Post
just got my pearl, tried pocket mac a few times to no avail, bought missing sync and it works like a champ
Me too!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #84
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

I think I might buy Missing Sync today. My calendar entries from my mac are all on my BB, but they are strangely jacked up...they don't appear in the "Today" theme unless I edit them, and then they result in a duplicate entry. As mentioned earlier, the first 68 contacts from my BB were sent to Address Book, but then nothing more.

I guess it is time to fork over $40. :(
Old 11-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #85
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92

SO I just paid for missing sync. All I can say is WOW. 100 times better than PocketMac.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #86
Greenjack

Model: 8100

Hey! New user here! The only thing I really want to do is transfer some themes and maybe music or video to a micro sd card....can I do this with pocket mac? Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #87
johnbbny

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

Can anyone -- *ANYONE* -- who has an 8130 working well with either Missing Sync or PocketMac post directions on how to work the magic???

By working well, I mean no duplicate entires and true two-way sync. (I'm suprised too hear so many people say they have these apps "working perfectly," only to later admit that they don't two-way sync or they don't use the Calendar, etc. Are our expecations so low?)
Old 12-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #88
RJE

Model: Torch
Carrier: Telus

Missing Sync is much, much better. There is no comparison. Just straight ahead syncing with no hassles.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #89
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

I notice that their is an updated PocketMac on the BB website under software. I saw it when I was going after the pc desktop software.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 AM   #90
bigberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 25292854
Carrier: O2

When i first switched to a mac i used pocketmac it worked fine, but then after several synchs i was getting duplicate entries, in some cases if it duplicated an entry in a synch i had two, the next time it decided to duplicate the entry i had four. If i altered an entry on my bb it created it as a new entry in ical, also i could only create a repeating event in ical if i created it on my BB it could recreate the event to run on a number of unconnected days, i must say that the my contacts synched flawlessly with address book.

I paid for the missing synch and it works better than the DM i had on my old PC, i synch calendar, contacts, photos and music, i have never tried the tasks and notes functions as i use todo and ideamatrix and not the bb tasks app.

It would be very easy to say ignore pocketmac because i found that it would not work as i wanted, there are plenty of people on here that use it without a problem, my advice to anyone would be go ahead and try pocketmac, after all its free, but please back up your data to a secure location first, (a friends PC or your old one) then see if you can make it work for you, do multiple back ups at a time to see if it gets confused, if it doesn't work for you, buy missing synch.

Last edited by bigberry; 12-09-2007 at 06:52 AM..
Old 03-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #91
jnb

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I agree with everyone whose actually switched over to Missing Sync; there is absolutely no comparison. It's professional, intuitive, reliable and more robust than PocketMac; and it makes your BlackBerry investment feel like a much smarter decision, rather than being held back day after day simply because you wanted to save $39. The ability to sync-up iTunes songs, iPhotos and notes (which you cannot do with PocketMac) is no small advantage with Missing Sync; it's like getting a free iPod thrown into the deal! I'm being quite blunt, because I'd like to see PocketMac keep raise the bar a bit and give Missing Sync more of a run for their money - literally.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #92
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

But neither work perfectly and MissingSync has serious issues syncing and causing duplicates. From an end user standpoint MarkSpace had better fix the current version and not play their usual game of new release and that fixes the known bugs and adds one or two features and charge more.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #93
ramsez

Model: 8810
Default Opinion that came from an Apple employee

I also tried both app. and I may give pocketmac another chance if the new software works better, but from my experience missing sync works better so far. And most of all the reason I switched in the first place is I randomly met someone from apple and works as a tech, and he told me right away, that missing synch was the way to go and told me to switch. But who knows, maybe the new pocketmac does work a lot better now so if I do try it out, Ill let you know what I think. Its good that RIM and pocketmac are collaborating but in the end, apple has a lot to do with the function too since that is the machine your using.

Rad-

Last edited by ramsez; 03-18-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Old 03-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #94
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

Re: PocketMac

The "redirector" for Entourage doesn't seem to work with Entourage 12, which is a drag.

The Missing Sync suite looks pretty nice. It isn't as nice as the Nokia Multimedia Manager for OS X, but not much is -- that software will encode and manage videos as well as music. It would be a welcome addition to either offering.

The Mark/Space guys have always struck me as being flakey. I don't know why, I just get the impression that their product roadmap is a bit schizo.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #95
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

...having said that.

PocketMac was taking forever to sync. Kept stalling out half-way through.

Bought Missing Sync, which did everything perfectly. So. I guess that's a vote for Missing Sync.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #96
irchamandy

Carrier: telus

i fought with pocketmac for two days and never got it to work. then i tried missing sync and it worked the first time perfectly.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #97
serpico007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

This program is a big pile of you know what. Unbelievable. I got my new macbook pro yesterday and installed pocketmac. Synced last night once and that was it. Today, wow, syncing never completed, corrupted all my notes and added a reminder alarm to all my calendar events, past and future. This is the worst mac app I have ever used. I thought it would be a great app since I used to own their pocketpc app years ago, but should have read this forum first! LOL On my way to get Missing Sync. I use this for business, so it's very important to work. I sent a support ticket today, wonder how long it will take for a response. I think Anne is the only one working there!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #98
jhandler

Model: 8200
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Solution

I had this problem too and figured it out. If you have more than 2 catagories in ical, pocketmac and whatever (I have pocketmac and Entourage) it just hangs. If you go back down to 2 catagories it works fine. Hope this helps
Old 07-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #99
updatelee

I wish I could sync over BT, it bafles me that this is unavalible. its something I could even do with my mot razor !
Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #100
monotremata
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Well thats because your RAZR used iSync and iSync doesnt support anything to do with Blackberry devices.

PocketMac never gave me any trouble except for wiping out Address Book pictures I had set on the BB itself everytime I synced.. I gave in and switched over to Missing Sync a few weeks ago.. Now I get the pics from my Mac address book ok..
But I cant sync my calendars anymore!! I have my own webdav directory I keep on my server where I use Mozilla Sunbird to edit them.. iCal is subscribed to them remotely (have to use Sunbird since iCal wont let you edit a remote published calendar)
Pocketmac never had any trouble syncing remote calendars, Missing Sync wont even touch them.. Luckily I dont use it too often..
Closed Thread