Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
husef9926
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Question about Verizon BIS with Work E-mail

Please Login to Remove!

I currently am using a personal blackberry under the BIS setup. One day, I entered my work email address in the email setup, and the server was able to setup my work email address under BIS based on the Outlook Web Access URL/settings. I've noticed that when someone emails my work address and i'm logged in at work running MS Outlook, the e-mails are "marked read" within a few seconds of arriving on my deskop. I have a feeling that what's marking them read is the blackberry when it "pulls" to check messages every so often. Is that correct? Is there a way to have the messages still left as unread on my desktop? I've been starting to miss emails because when I get back to my desktop, I thought i already read the emails but then later realize they are new messages.

The emails on the blackberry are all still marked as unread, but I assume that i already have read them from my desktop so I don't bother going through them again. On average, I receive about 70+ emails a day so doing the extra "review" on thge blackberry can be very tedious. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Keyscan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by husef9926 View Post
I currently am using a personal blackberry under the BIS setup. One day, I entered my work email address in the email setup, and the server was able to setup my work email address under BIS based on the Outlook Web Access URL/settings. I've noticed that when someone emails my work address and i'm logged in at work running MS Outlook, the e-mails are "marked read" within a few seconds of arriving on my deskop. I have a feeling that what's marking them read is the blackberry when it "pulls" to check messages every so often. Is that correct? Is there a way to have the messages still left as unread on my desktop? I've been starting to miss emails because when I get back to my desktop, I thought i already read the emails but then later realize they are new messages.

The emails on the blackberry are all still marked as unread, but I assume that i already have read them from my desktop so I don't bother going through them again. On average, I receive about 70+ emails a day so doing the extra "review" on thge blackberry can be very tedious. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
The BIS is not marking the messages as read in your Inbox by default. If the messages are still showing as "unread" on your BlackBerry messages folder, then we can rule out the BlackBerry being the cause. When it polls your Inbox, it only fetches the message headers, it does not attempt to modify your read/unread status until the message is actually read on the BB.

There may be something else marking your messages as read.
Closed Thread