BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #81
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

No one owns a 7520 case yet so no one can answer your question. They wont be available till july and I doubt very much that it will still fit the cradle I know with the egrips it doesnt fit very well.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:09 PM   #82
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

The skin tights don't allow the unit to rest in the cradle.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 06-23-2005, 06:48 PM   #83
ghstrider
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

just received my new skin tight for the 7290 and i just put it on. looks good and feels good....also like the screen protector very much. ill let you guys know how it holds up.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #84
ghstrider

Model: 8320

well ive had it in the case for a few days now but i prefer the krusell case and will be switching to it....
Old 06-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #85
sempai
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8xxx
Carrier: T-Mobile, US

These look a lot better in your pictures, Guess, than any website that sells them.

They always manage to come off as looking really lame-o for some reason, but I must say it looks quite nice in your photos. Kind of turned me around on them.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #86
JAChavez99

Model: 7520

I can't wait until the release date for the 7520, my BB is tired of being naked!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:38 AM   #87
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

I got one for my 7290, black, and I just don't like the way it looks. It also interferes a bit with my use of the bottom keys. The belt clip is cheap, IMO.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #88
darwin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

I just received my skin tight case for my 7100t, review posted.

Last edited by darwin; 07-07-2005 at 11:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #89
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

In regards to the bulge, here's what I did to minimize the problem. I stretched the case around the 7250 until it was exactly where I wanted it. I then took rubber bands (about 5 or so) and wrapped them arround the phone until the were holding the skin perfectly in place. I did this in all directions around the phone. Then, on low setting, from around 12", I took a hairdryer and heated up the case (on the phone) and then left the rubber bands on overnight. It seems to have helped a great deal, although I will probably be repeating the process again to get the bulge completely elliminated. As for the excess heat from the hairdryer, I am not sure if this poses that big of a threat to the device. But I wouldn't leave direct heat on it for extended periods of time. Hope this tip may help some. Post your results if you try it.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #90
netPOSER

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default Availability for the 7110g?

Availability for the 7110g? Any word on this yet?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #91
Von Maestro

Model: 8230
Carrier: Verizon
Default Case Review

I ordered the case for my 7250 a couple of weeks ago & have been using it since then. In short, I ripped it off the other day & don't plan on using it again. It was a waste of $30...

Here's my gripes:

1) The case makes the device HUGE. The 7250 is a nice, light, slim device. The case makes it bulky & heavy.

2) The belt clip is a piece of junk. It's a pain to get in & out of the clip (requires 2 hands sometimes) & the swivel squeaks like cheap plastic.

3) The rubber sticks to whatever it touches. While this is good when you are holding the phone, you can't put it any pocket with ease and it sticks to my suit jacket (& that really looks bad in meetings). When the case was designed, someone obviously only considered it's use when being held & ignored the times when you are simply carrying it.

4) The screenprotector & the skin itself simply did not fit right. If I'm paying for a "skin tight" protector it should be skin tight. It looked bulky & did not fit right at all.

Other than that it was a great buy... I want my money back!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #92
Ominx

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Maestro
I ordered the case for my 7250 a couple of weeks ago & have been using it since then. In short, I ripped it off the other day & don't plan on using it again. It was a waste of $30...

Here's my gripes:

1) The case makes the device HUGE. The 7250 is a nice, light, slim device. The case makes it bulky & heavy.

2) The belt clip is a piece of junk. It's a pain to get in & out of the clip (requires 2 hands sometimes) & the swivel squeaks like cheap plastic.

3) The rubber sticks to whatever it touches. While this is good when you are holding the phone, you can't put it any pocket with ease and it sticks to my suit jacket (& that really looks bad in meetings). When the case was designed, someone obviously only considered it's use when being held & ignored the times when you are simply carrying it.

4) The screenprotector & the skin itself simply did not fit right. If I'm paying for a "skin tight" protector it should be skin tight. It looked bulky & did not fit right at all.

Other than that it was a great buy... I want my money back!
I couldn't even last a few days. Despite my previous advice on getting the skin to fit around the 7250 using rubbber bands, the bulge came back the next day. In addittion to this I echo the gripes above, especially the fact that it is nearly impossible to put the blackberry in your pocket with the skin on. All in all, pretty dissapointing. I plan on returning the skin asap.

Von Maestro, you know SpeckProducts has a decent return policy. I know it's only $30, but it all adds up.

So to those with the 7250...it just won't fit correctly. Some may not care about the bulge, but in my opinion it is unacceptable. I have an iSkin evo2 for my iPod and it fits absolutely perfect...and it's not soo "sticky." I expected a product similar to the iSkin, but this is not it.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:56 AM   #93
fliedlice

Model: 8700G

Any word on the release date for the 7520? website still says June
Old 07-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #94
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliedlice
Any word on the release date for the 7520? website still says June
I recently sent amy an email on this and she stated that it would be another 2 weeks from Monday (that's when I got the email). So we shall see, hopefully she is right I can not wait for it.

pink
Old 07-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #95
JereReyn205
Thumbs Must Hurt

I own this case for the 7100t. I have to say the 2 main things I hate about it is 1. The case does NOT fit the phone correctly, as in its pretty loose (i have 2 so its not defective) and 2. the area around the screen protector is loose.

I would love if they would fix the issue and offer replacements. Right now I am actually just carrying the phone around with no case.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #96
PingGuy

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I'm interested in getting one of these for the 7520 but the fit and function of the case/clip is a major thing for me. I use the stock clip with a few pieces of eGrips (none on the sides) on my unit and it's working for now. I really want improved grip, like what I had when I did have eGrips on the sides.. or better, but I can't sacrifice an easy to use belt clip to get that. Also the screen protector worries me although I could leave it off. I love the clarity of the screen and would only use the protector if it remained at the near perfect level it is now.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 07-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #97
Cam

I got one of these for my 7290 yesterday. I also have the buldge around the screen. I really like the idea of a hard plastic screen protector, I have a speck case for my Ipod, which also has the hard screen protector, and it works much better.

My verdict is still out on this product. There are features that I like, and then there are "features" that I don't like (buldging, non-square display window). The "sleep" magnet seems to be just a little too weak or just a little out of position, it is very easy to put the BB (in skintight case) into the holster and it not go to sleep.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #98
shaz27

I have had mine for over 2 months now. It is a great case, money well spent. I have dropped my BB 7290 over 50 times without any damage. It is hard to get in and out of pockets (if you don't use the holster). I have purchased 4 more for my office.

Thanks Speck for a great product
Shaz
Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #99
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingGuy
I'm interested in getting one of these for the 7520 but the fit and function of the case/clip is a major thing for me. I use the stock clip with a few pieces of eGrips (none on the sides) on my unit and it's working for now. I really want improved grip, like what I had when I did have eGrips on the sides.. or better, but I can't sacrifice an easy to use belt clip to get that. Also the screen protector worries me although I could leave it off. I love the clarity of the screen and would only use the protector if it remained at the near perfect level it is now.
I had to quit using mine because the belt clip didn't hold the unit securely at all. It popped out whenever the clip had any stress, like sitting down, for example. I'd warn you against getting one if you must use your BB on a belt clip -- too much risk of losing your unit, IMHO.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #100
Kriz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Cool Nextel 7520 Skin Tight Case

I recieved an email from Amy at Speck, the new Nextel case should be available this week! I will definately do a review of the case when I get mine! Stay tuned