Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
srotman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default BB Messenger "Status" Not Displaying

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using a Curve, gf is using a Pearl. We often set our statuses in BB Messenger (Menu>My Status) but we've come across a problem/bug.

On my Curve I can see her status when she changes it. I can see it in my contact list so her name will show as "[Name] - [Status]". If I have an open conversation with her, it will also show at the top of my contact list where open conversations are in the same format. It will also show in the conversation for each message she sends, and omit my status for the obvious reason that I don't need to see my status while sending messages. So a conversation would look like this:

[Her Name] - [Her Status]: Her Message
[My Name]: My Message
[Her Name] - [Her Status]: Her Message
[My Name]: My Message

... you get the point.

What's interesting is that on the Pearl, the ONLY place it shows MY status is in her contact list. It will NOT show at the top of the list where it shows open conversations, not within an open conversation. So sometimes when I'm trying to set my status as something that I want her, or anyone else for that matter, to see, if they are using a Pearl they will not notice it unless they specifically check their contact list which would rarely be the case when in conversation, unless they happen to be going through their contact list and notice it.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why this is, or if they are/are not experiencing this on their end, please let me know.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
srotman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

OK. I may have answered my own question here. On her Pearl it shows in Options>Advanced Options>Applications that she's using BBMessenger 4.2.1 and on my Curve I'm using 4.2.2. Maybe it's a bug/new feature RIM addressed.

Anyone know if it's safe to try putting my version of BBMessenger onto a Pearl, or if there is a legit copy of BBMessenger 4.2.2 specifically for the Pearl?
Closed Thread