Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #121
anphamtiger

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tyutuy
Default Effective Member on BBerryForum

Please Login to Remove!

Just go to BBerysync and click "Software" link in the top wheel. You might need an account to perform beta test. Contact with BBerrySyncJosh for more information.

Last edited by anphamtiger; 12-12-2007 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #122
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

thanks, i already have the account from josh email, just couldn't find the link to complete the registration
Old 12-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #123
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Connection issues

Hi Dawg - Thanks for your time in testing the BBerrySync software. In releasing version 0.7.2, we added a new step which you may have skipped which is leading to your problem. After you have installed the device and pc apps, you will need to complete the initial sync - data mapping. We have the instructions below.

Step 1. Start initial sync on the device app by selecting Initial Sync on the device app menu. You should then see “Waiting for desktop connection...” appear.

(Note: If you already completed an Initial Sync previously and wish to do it again, you must reset it by choosing Reset Initial Sync from the Configure menu > Reset Initial Sync.

Step 2: Select Map Data from your desktop app from the Control Panel tab.

Step 3: When the connection is established, the initial sync - data mapping will take place and the you will see the status notices on your device.

If you have enabled the balloon tips, you will see the status of the data mapping on the pc app.

You must wait for about 5 – 10 mins for the initial sync to complete depending on the size of your data on the device.

Once the balloon tip shows message “Ready”, the data mapping is complete and you can start using the software.

Please see more detail in the user guide for beta version 0.7.2.

Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any problems.

Josh
Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #124
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

josh can you tell me how to complete beta registration, i got your email with user, but no link to complete the registration
Old 12-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #125
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSyncJosh View Post
Hi Dawg - Thanks for your time in testing the BBerrySync software. In releasing version 0.7.2, we added a new step which you may have skipped which is leading to your problem. After you have installed the device and pc apps, you will need to complete the initial sync - data mapping. We have the instructions below.

Step 1. Start initial sync on the device app by selecting Initial Sync on the device app menu. You should then see “Waiting for desktop connection...” appear.

(Note: If you already completed an Initial Sync previously and wish to do it again, you must reset it by choosing Reset Initial Sync from the Configure menu > Reset Initial Sync.

Step 3: When the connection is established, the initial sync - data mapping will take place and the you will see the status notices on your device.

If you have enabled the balloon tips, you will see the status of the data mapping on the pc app.

You must wait for about 5 – 10 mins for the initial sync to complete depending on the size of your data on the device.

Once the balloon tip shows message “Ready”, the data mapping is complete and you can start using the software.

Josh
I read the new instructions prior to trying this so I wouldnt miss anything its the intial sync that wont happen. I cant get the desktop software to recognize the bb my DM works fine.

Once I hit intial sync the program locks down and I have to close it down and restart it. It basically never finishes I dont have but 200 contacts so I know it doesnt take that long.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #126
BBSyncJosh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Initial Sync musst be with USB cable

I apologize for forgetting to state that the initial sync needs to be over USB, due to the data throughput being greater than OTA. So please connect your USB cable for the initial sync.

Thanks

Josh
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #127
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I apologize for forgetting to state that the initial sync needs to be over USB, due to the data throughput being greater than OTA. So please connect your USB cable for the initial sync.

Thanks

Josh
I am josh as I said I read the tutorial verbatium and did the steps as they were listed and never could get it to map the data I am on xp home sp2.The tutorial is pretty simple so i understood it had to be a USB sync but I cant get it to recognize the bb through the usb. My DM recognizes it just fine.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #128
viennhttsoft
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Dawg,

When you following the user guide of Josh, you can see the follwing screens as inline inserted images:

Quote:

Josh
Thanks,
Vien
Old 12-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #129
viennhttsoft

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyubi View Post
josh can you tell me how to complete beta registration, i got your email with user, but no link to complete the registration
Hi nyubi,

Once you got account from Josh, you only need to do following steps:

1. Uninstall BBerrySync Desktop application
2. Uninstall BBerrySync Application on your device
3. Download beta 0.7.2 from BBerysync in the Software section (at the bottom of this page, you see the link to download all software and user guide)

4. Re-install BBerrySync Desktop application
5. Re-install Bberrysync device application

Please see more detail in the user guide.

Thanks,
Vien
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #130
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennhttsoft View Post
Hi Dawg,

When you following the user guide of Josh, you can see the follwing screens as inline inserted images:

Thanks,
Vien
I did everything in the detail to a T and it still wont map my data I am far from illiterate I can read and follow instructions.

As a matter of fact it wont even save my login or PIN info.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #131
recuerda

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

Any chance of getting in on the beta still? I went to the site and it says I need a coupon code.

Pearl 8130
VerizonWireless
PIN = 317C3456
Old 12-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #132
Cyclops
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerda View Post
Any chance of getting in on the beta still? I went to the site and it says I need a coupon code.

Pearl 8130
VerizonWireless
PIN = 317C3456

Same here, would love to try it.

Rogers
Blackberry 8300
Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #133
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Ive still yet to get up and running has anyone gotten this to work?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:30 PM   #134
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

So my data [email, calendar, memos and so on] will go through your server to sync my device wirelessly, right?

If so, how sucure are your servers and how much info can you see, how long is the info saved for and so on???

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #135
luckman212
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

I would personally like to know a little bit of technical background of how this is being achieved using a BIS account. Is the data secure/encrypted in any way? How frequent/up-to-date is the synchronization? What are the downsides/limitations compared to the full BES implementation? What about calendar?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 AM   #136
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
So my data [email, calendar, memos and so on] will go through your server to sync my device wirelessly, right?

If so, how sucure are your servers and how much info can you see, how long is the info saved for and so on???

Thanks for the info.
well so far you see I havent been able to connect at all and I havent gotten the first respionse back from the beta team. And you see there hasnt been that much response here either.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #137
ablickle

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

It has been very quiet... so let me provide my experience with version 0.72 (which I reported back to the developers as well):

Added contact, task and note on BB, all synced successfully to PC
Calendar item synced from BB, but with incorrect time and recurring setting
Deleted items from BB either didn't sync or other items were deleted on PC (that was a little scary...)

Added note and contact on the PC, synced to BB successfully
New calendar item on PC didn't sync, new note from PC synced to BB, but with changed date, priority and recurring option
Deletes on the PC did not sync

I tried version 0.70 before this, and 0.72 is a definite improvement, with a good bit more to be done. Testing Bberrysync and reading the Googlesync thread it seems to me that this whole sync thing is a great deal more difficult than it first appears (which would also explain why there aren't any 3rd party apps out there already).

Axel
Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #138
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

i think one main question i have for all the other beta testers is what OS are you running on your PCs? cuz i have vista ultimate and have no been able to do anything... nothing, no sync whatso ever, cant even do the initial sync... wondering if the OS on the PC main be a problem for some of us
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #139
ablickle

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Cory, good point about the OS. The PC I am using for the beta testing is running XP Home. That might make a difference.

Axel
Old 12-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #140
Dawg
No longer Registered.

i am running xp home and cant do anything with it either never have gotten the initial sync to work after 40 trys i gave up and deleted the whole thing took a few days and tried it again on my laptop still same thing.
Closed Thread