BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #81
mshykind
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Great customer service! I called to return it, and they never once questioned WHY! The lady I spoke with made sure I was able to get the RMA number off the website, and stayed on the phone while I did all the online paperwork.

How a company handles problems says a lot about them...I am very impressed with how they handled this situation.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #82
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Say what you like about this product or any other--just find me a company that is more responsive to its customers over a $14 product. I bet you could think of companies that sell stuff costing hundreds or thousands of times more who are not nearly as communicative and receptive to feedback.

(But I still want a door without a logo. )
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #83
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Are there any pictures of the problems that may help out with a better solution?

Luigi
Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #84
spblat

Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkwell View Post
Are there any pictures of the problems that may help out with a better solution?

Luigi
Here are pictures. I just got mine today. It is not nearly as bad as I expected. The logo is annoying, but not as bad as I thought. The fit could use some improvement. I don't feel like the missing foam tape on the back is an issue. The audio quality is everything I had hoped for. The mirror has to go--it's a joke. Even new, I can't really see myself in it enough to center a self-portrait, which was the purpose in the first place. Lose the mirror!

My verdict: I'll be taking Seidio up on their replacement sans mirror, hoping for a better fit. But I'm leaving this door on while I wait.

ETA: The logo paint suffers from a quality issue too, this time a welcome one. Five minutes of lottery-style fingernail scratching, and the logo is gone without a trace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2265.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	9571   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2266.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	9572   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2268.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	9573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2269.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	9574   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2271.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	9575  

Last edited by spblat; 10-30-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 PM   #85
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the pics.

Seido, I have a suggestion on your logo: Make it part of the mold, sunken in a little with no paint (just the black rubber). the reason for this is most people don't want your logo to stand out on there products, but you want your logo on your products. I think it would satisfy both parties (just don't make your logo raised).

Luigi
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #86
dbo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Interested in replacement

Seidio,

I salute you on your first rate customer service and your willingness to exchange this product for the version you will make without the mirror. Do you have a mechanism for contacting those of us who bought this early to let us know that the replacement is out?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #87
KDUSMC

Model: 8310R
Default Mine works

I got mine today and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. It was only after I ordered it last weekend that I read through all the disappointing posts in this thread. I agree that the mirror is very poorly done, but with a paperclip it can be pried loose and taken off. There is a small indentation where it was and 2 tiny pinholes but it still looks better than leaving it on. The fit and finish of mine is just as good as the original cover that came with the phone, and I like the look of the black door on the red phone.
My $.02 anyway...
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #88
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbo View Post
Seidio,

I salute you on your first rate customer service and your willingness to exchange this product for the version you will make without the mirror. Do you have a mechanism for contacting those of us who bought this early to let us know that the replacement is out?
We'll post here when the non-mirror version is available. We'll also post the procedure for an exchange at that time.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #89
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Think it's great your offering a version without a mirror, I think it'd look even better to just go ahead and cover up everything on the back of it.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #90
BaRTiMuS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I received mine yesterday and I was pleasantly suprised as well. I was expecting a cheap fitting POS. The problems with the fit are almost unnoticeable. The "Seidio" sign came off without any issues with the use of a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:45 AM   #91
delmarco

Model: 9790

Boy am I glad I knew where the search button was!
I almost ordered one of these last week, but decided to check in here tonight before going ahead and sending my money.

So is there any updates from SEIDIO regarding the newer version of this door?

I still see the old ones with the mirror for sale that everyone has been complaining about on the website.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #92
shadow63

Model: 8310

Has anyone heard on when the mirror less back will be avaliable. I really want to get one of these for my 8310 but I am torn by how much trouble alot of you have had with the back not fitting flush. Decisions decisions
Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #93
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
New From Seidio!
Introducing Seidio’s OEM sized rubberized battery door with speaker opening for Blackberry 8300/8310/8320
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...300_bat_dr.jpg

Tired of muffled conversations, or just need a new battery door? Either way, the OEM sized rubberized battery door with speaker opening for 8300/8310/8320 is the solution for you! This replacement door has a speaker opening so that users are able to hear ringtones and phone conversations better. It is made from Seidio’s signature rubberized material that provides a firm grip and matches the side grips of the device. This replacement door also includes the necessary cutouts for the camera and has a mirror.

*Note: This door is compatible only with OEM sized batteries.
Click Here
The speaker was blocked in the OEM design to project the sound upwards...to the front of the device, doesn't this defy the purpose?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #94
delmarco

Model: 9790

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalextremes View Post
The speaker was blocked in the OEM design to project the sound upwards...to the front of the device, doesn't this defy the purpose?
not really, the speaker is actually facing backwards inside towards rear of the OEM shell. However they are are holes at the top of the OEM shell so the sound goes upwards and I assume towards the front when reflected off the rear shell. This may not agree with the design of all the SEIDIO holsters which usually sits the Curve facing inwards with the front and top covered.

I think the purpose of SEIDIO putting the grills there is so sound comes out from the back better when the Curve is holstered.

Overall I would assume the sound to be better and not worse with the extra grills there.

That is the least of my worries. The sloppy fit and cheapo mirror and painted on SEIDIO label needs to be fixed before I decide to get this.

Last edited by delmarco; 11-28-2007 at 05:22 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 02:37 AM   #95
cno53

Used Palm products for last 10 years or so. Couple weeks ago I purchased my first BlackBerry.... Curve 8320 Pale Gold. Outstanding machine... I absolutely love it. So as you can imagine I want all the cool stuff as well. Found this rubberized door cover to be very cool but...after reading some reviews here I was a bit apprehensive about ordering one. None the less I decided to purchase one and see for my self. Well it arrived today and heres my 2 cents.. It fits perfect, actual as good as if not better than OEM. The color is identical. The feel is not quit as rubberie (is that a word?) as the side rails of the phone. The locking mechanism is much smoother than the original. The speaker grill does allow for a little better sound quality...not much. The mirror is really the only negative, would prefer not to have one. Overall I'm very happy with mine.

Q-tip and rubbing alcohol took off the logo no problem. Thanks for the information.

Last edited by cno53; 01-24-2008 at 03:11 AM..
Old 01-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #96
teg94

Model: 9000

I'm curious to know where Seidio stands on making this door without the mirror. I know earlier in this thread they said they would work on making one without the mirror but I still haven't seen any update, I for one am waiting to purchase this new door without that ugly mirror that everyone seems to hate. Does anyone know if its easy to peel off?

Heck I wouldn't mind a battery door without openings for the camera at all, as I never use the camera and find them more annoying than anything else.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #97
jeb8300

Model: 9000
PIN: 20CF36D8
Carrier: at&t

any updates? im still interested in the door without the mirror, too!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #98
DW30

Model: 8310
Carrier: Swisscom

Ordered mine a couple of days ago. There was no option for one without a mirror.
I can confirm the posts above in that the fit is actually terrible - there is a gap along the whole left side including elevation of the door. Mirror is scratched.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #99
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Default Improved Door

I apologize for just getting back to you on this thread, but I had honestly forgotten about it.

We looked into modifying the existing door to remove the mirror, but in the end it wasn't cost effective and would've taken too long.

Instead we've improved the fit and made the mirror much thinner. If you're unhappy with your door, please email your contact and original order information to [email address] and i'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #100
mtnbike

Carrier: tmo
Question my order

Based on the the reviews on this site I placed an order last week #140059, 8320 extended Battery, 8320 rubberized battery cover, and three car charges. FEDEX Express saver shipping. I called yesterday for an update, was told they were backordered check in tomorrow (today). I called this afternoon and was told by the woman who answered the phone that my order shipped on the 27th. When I asked for the tracking number she said they did not give it out and that I should have gotten an email with it. When I asked if I could have it again she said she couldn't give it to me.

If it has shipped, great ,whats the tracking number? If its backordered, let me know an ETA.

Thanks
Moshe
Closed Thread