<14 minutes later>

It's working fine.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #102
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Meant to post this earlier -- here's the list of languages and input support for our non-English friends that are in this firmware:

Remember the Chinese version is a different download, it might contain Korean/Japanese as well since they always seem to travel together (aka "CJK") in most software. I have not confirmed this, however.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #103
psincere
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

When i click on the link its says " Software Download for Hong Kong CSL Limited" and theres no place for me to click download
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #104
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by psincere View Post
When i click on the link its says " Software Download for Hong Kong CSL Limited" and theres no place for me to click download
Do you not see the dropdown box that says "Please Pick a Product" right there on that first page when you click the link? You have to choose the 8320 from the list, the website uses cookies so it's not a direct-to-download link in these threads.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #105
psincere
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

wow i see it now props
Old 10-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #106
absoluteevel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241C4261
Carrier: T-Mobile

Someone earlier in the thread was saying they had an issue with the Today theme not referencing calendar entries until they toggled between themes...

For me, it is still not showing anything under "Calendar" and I am not able to figure out how to make it work. :(
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #107
doppeljr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

The process in the first post of this thread is right on, worked perfectly for me.

The restart after the installation takes forever, DO NOT UNPLUG THE HANDSET. It will eventually start up. Be patient.

Check your APN, the installation resets it.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #108
swy207

Carrier: tmobile

i just downloaded and installed the chinese version... viewing chinese txts works flawless now, however still no input. Has anyone else here tried and got it to work? Did i maybe forget something? (i did check on the 2 chinese input selections on installation, but got some sort of error so i deselected)

thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #109
Ramsy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by swy207 View Post
i just downloaded and installed the chinese version... viewing chinese txts works flawless now, however still no input. Has anyone else here tried and got it to work? Did i maybe forget something? (i did check on the 2 chinese input selections on installation, but got some sort of error so i deselected)

thanks
I installed the Chinese verion of this OS and installed all the various Chinese input methods. I am able to input Chinese characters via any of the available Chinese input methods without any problems.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #110
swy207

thx ramsy, let me try and reinstall the inputs and see if works
Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #111
swy207

hrmm... ok, so i checked the "Blackberry chinese full support" and "blackberry traditional chinese characters and font support"

When i try to install "East Asian Language and Input Support" i have 2 sub tiers, Jyutping input and Cangjei input, none will install- says that it requires apps that arent available "net.rim.blackberry.lang.zh.phoneticCore"

Ramsy, did you install the "east asian lang input support" ?

thanx
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #112
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

Did everyone need to re-do their Enterprise Activation? My messages were still in there but the Enterprise Activation information (e-mail & password) is blank for me and my e-mails aren't getting synced to the handheld.

I tried to re-activate, but it hangs on "Activating..." for about 10-15 mins and then says it cannot connect to the server. I checked my e-mail from webmail and I got some ETP.DAT email from the RIM server.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #113
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, activation is always lost during any wipe of the device. There are two ways to activate. You can activate through desktop Manager if you have an online connection to your email server and Desktop Manager has picked up the email profile. Or you can call your BES admins for a password to activate OTA. The password has to be set by them. It's not your regular email password.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #114
dentalrep
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteevel View Post
Someone earlier in the thread was saying they had an issue with the Today theme not referencing calendar entries until they toggled between themes...

For me, it is still not showing anything under "Calendar" and I am not able to figure out how to make it work. :(
I have the same problem. I upgraded and now my future appointments are not showing up on the today theme! When I go into calendar I see everything but on the today them NOTHING shows up under calendar. I tried toggling the themes. Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #115
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Yes, activation is always lost during any wipe of the device. There are two ways to activate. You can activate through desktop Manager if you have an online connection to your email server and Desktop Manager has picked up the email profile. Or you can call your BES admins for a password to activate OTA. The password has to be set by them. It's not your regular email password.
Thanks...the activation went through all of a sudden...kind of weird.

Problem #2 (which I'm hoping is my only other problem). Empower BESMailbox isn't working anymore and now says:
"Uncaught Exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"

Any idea on what that is or how I fix it. I've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application. My regular messages box works fine.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #116
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

No idea on BES Mailbox. I'd email their support.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #117
Richtb

I have downloaded .175 Software and ran the setup wizard. When I run the App Loader it does not install the new software. I checked the help About and it shows the .175. What am I doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Richard
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #118
Ramsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swy207 View Post
hrmm... ok, so i checked the "Blackberry chinese full support" and "blackberry traditional chinese characters and font support"

When i try to install "East Asian Language and Input Support" i have 2 sub tiers, Jyutping input and Cangjei input, none will install- says that it requires apps that arent available "net.rim.blackberry.lang.zh.phoneticCore"

Ramsy, did you install the "east asian lang input support" ?

thanx
I don't specifically recall. Sorry. I do recall installing language support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters - I believe these were all separate install options. I also at the same time installed all the Chinese input methods by separately placing a check mark in each box for each of the various Chinese input methods. Basically, I installed anything and everything having to do with East Asian languages.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #119
Ramsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCurryman View Post
Did everyone need to re-do their Enterprise Activation? My messages were still in there but the Enterprise Activation information (e-mail & password) is blank for me and my e-mails aren't getting synced to the handheld.

I tried to re-activate, but it hangs on "Activating..." for about 10-15 mins and then says it cannot connect to the server. I checked my e-mail from webmail and I got some ETP.DAT email from the RIM server.

Any suggestions?
Everytime I have upgraded OS's on my Blackberry devices, including the 8320 and my prior 8700g, wireless Enterprise Activation automatically started as soon as the upgrade to the OS was done. I did not have to do anything to start it and I did not enter any e-mails or passwords in order for it to complete.

However, if you "wipe" the device and install a new OS fresh and reset the unit to its default configuration, you probably will have to go through initial Enterprise Activation all over again.

Last edited by Ramsy; 10-15-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #120
spblat

Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
- Leaving default browser on 'Wi Fi Browser' falls back to EDGE gracefully now when no WiFi is connected
Not confirmed. Are you sure? Mine is still complaining about wifi only when I have no wifi signal and try to use the browser (unless I change the default).
Closed Thread