BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #41
test
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/3.8.0 UP.Link/1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossj52
The point is that it is easier to attract flies with honey than vinegar. This app absolutely rocks.... now if it could only triangulate your position based off of your distance from 2 or 3 towers then fed that data back into the driving direction results for real time map locations, that would be the best. That and if it would serve lattes.

That makes no sense, he introduced a feature and it was pointed out that there was a small flaw! Your joke feature has nothing to do with the enanchments! Dl'd OTA and it works great THANX

Last edited by test; 06-14-2005 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #42
kontesto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100R

Why is it that sometimes when I go to directions off of a search sometimes it results in 'null'.

Also how can I search for a last name in the entire province without manually going through the canada411 options to get all cities?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #43
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Please, no name-calling on BlackBerryForums. Thanks.

Fair enough. But if we let them breed eventually they will just overwhelm us
Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #44
creville

Model: 7290

First I would like to say this is an awesome app. The problems I am having are the same as the ones being expressed here. The problem I am having with this post is there are no answers to a lot of the questions. If someone could please help me with the following problems I will be very greatful.

1. Weather doesn't work. (Python errors)
2. White Pages doesn't work. (Python errors)
3. Movies tells me to enter City, State for your address
4. Yellow Pages only works if I leave the address field blank in the addresses.

I have a feeling that some of my problems are related to the State/Province since the Pythons errors are eluding to that.

Can someone help a dummy in distress as to how to enter the address properly.
Thanks to any responce..
I have a model 7290
Old 06-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #45
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

LOL I have already over taken you. Try participating instead of criticizing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
Fair enough. But if we let them breed eventually they will just overwhelm us
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #46
dlan

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Is it possible to get a version of berry411 that uses wap.thebogles.com instead of www.thebogles.com?

My corporate profile doesn’t allow access to discussion web sites but they do all access to all wap sites. I notice the URL is hard coded in the cod file… is there anyway to change this?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #47
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
LOL I have already over taken you. Try participating instead of criticizing

Actually the word I used was overwhelm, meaning engulf or cover completely, suggesting that the image I was trying to convey was that we would be covered by a mass of stupidity.

By using the term overtake I can only assume you mean that you mean have "passed" my level of stupidity and kept on chugging down the stupidity highway.

Ok thats enough. End of my input on this.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #48
Dusty Saddle
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Version 2.3 has just been released. It can be found at http://www.thebogles.com/Berry411.htm

Dusty
Old 06-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #49
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratag
Actually the word I used was overwhelm, meaning engulf or cover completely, suggesting that the image I was trying to convey was that we would be covered by a mass of stupidity.

By using the term overtake I can only assume you mean that you mean have "passed" my level of stupidity and kept on chugging down the stupidity highway.

Ok thats enough. End of my input on this.
HAHAHAHAHA again with the criticizing.

Last edited by Dawg; 06-17-2005 at 08:08 AM..
Old 06-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #50
rta53

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
Version 2.3 has just been released. It can be found at http://www.thebogles.com/Berry411.htm

Dusty
Dusty,

I tried downloading OTA but it comes up as Version 2.21. Deleted the app and downloaded again. Still 2.21.

Last edited by rta53; 06-17-2005 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-17-2005, 04:45 PM   #51
Dusty Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53
Dusty,

I tried downloading OTA but it comes up as Version 2.21. Deleted the app and downloaded again. Still 2.21.
I downloaded it to my desktop and used the Application Loader and got the 2.3 version.

Dusty
Old 06-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #52
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Maybe I'm more impressed than I should be, but ...

I just tethered my BB for the first time in several days. After doing so, I received a message that there was an update for Berry 411 and was asked if I wanted to install it.

I answered "yes" and voila -- version 2.3 was installed to my BB! I really didn't have to do anything. The updating process kept my original work and home addresses and everything works fine.

Great application. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:06 AM   #53
Matt.M

Model: 8300
Default Help with installing

I am having trouble installing via the air download. I try to go to the link http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.jad on my BB and I get the error "200: Application can not accept the contect [text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor]"

Any ideas for the newbie?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #54
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Movie Times?

I just took Berry 411 on an extended trip (BB 7290) and I used it several times each day. It is a terrific application Thanks!

Only one problem. I can't get movie times to work. Whenever I tried (in several different states in the U.S) I got a screen that said "Showtimes - Yahoo Movies" on the first line and "movies" on the second line. That's it; the rest stays blank. No error message.

Everything else I've tried in this application works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #55
WillR

This program is friggen SWEET!!!!!!!

Thanks to developers.... it used to take me like 20 mins to find directions thru the regular browser somewhere.. this is wikked!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #56
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Thanks for the program, it is great.

Couple things I wanted to point out.

-sometimes when using the fed ex plugin, it takes me to a random package's tracking info.

-if I type in an address into the search field, and then click fedex, i get directions to that address from google(I am really not complaining here, i love this!!)

-searching for a best buy(or anything really) from an address, doesn't show the closest one to me. Any way to fix that?

thanks again
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #57
surfsupp

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

anybody know how to create a 411 search similar to the search for nfl, except for ncaa teams? would love to be able to send a post based on my college team and get the text return from a site like wap.4info.net.

any help in creating this or having this created as a plug-in for berry411 search would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:35 AM   #58
mcbutler

Model: 6230
Default Can i use th is with voice barred?

I was very excited when I heard about this, because looking up street directions on websites with the BB blows. It installed ok, but when I try to run it, I get the error

Error starting berry411: Module 'net_rim_bb_phone_api' not found.

I have voice barred on my BB so I removed the phone app so I could use hotkeys to get to email, which is mostly what I do on it. Do I *have* to have the phone app installed in order to use Berry411? Or is it not going to work even if I have the phone app because I have no phone _service_ with the BB?

Thanks for the help, Melissa
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #59
gren2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: bell

Has anyone noticed that berry 411 hasn't really been working over the last couple weeks? someone said that it has something to do with google changing something. anyone have any news or insight about this?

thanx
Old 10-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #60
cwgoff

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Okay, this is probably about he most basic question out there, but I figure you folks can help get me pointed in the right direction. Here is what I have done:

1. Followed link on this page to d/l berry411 OTA.
2. Went fine, installed successfully.
3. Entered addresses for home & work (I assume I did this correctly, there seems to be some question about formats, but I just entered them in the way I would normally expect to read them).
4. Typed in a search term (my own last name, first name) as a test.
5. Hit enter
6. Received the following error "HTTP Error 400: Bad Request - The server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. Please try loading a different page."
7. I tried several different searches, using Yellow Pages, White Pages & Google, but received the same response each time.

Does this mean that my company has the enterprise server set up wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread