Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
mlowry

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8100, ATT, technical issues

Please Login to Remove!

Any suggestions are most appreciated!

I've got 3 different pieces of weirdness displayed by my 8100 (which I generally really like - way more convenient than my old one.

The first issue has to do with incoming e-mail being registered as some kind of blue folder instead of an e-mail envelope. This started about 2 weeks ago, and only happened to a few messages, but as of this morning it happens with every single incoming mail. Once the message is opened (whether on the handheld or on my desktop) I can no longer delete it from the handheld.

The second issue is the camera -- zoom stopped working. I always thought it was kind of annoying how sensitive the trackball was at thinking I wanted to zoom, but now it's no longer an option.

The third issue is Bluetooth. I originally set it up no problem with my car's system, paired up just fine and working like a charm. As of a couple days ago it can't ever connect to the car, just keeps saying "waiting for Bluetooth" when I tell it to connect, and then if I tell exit out of those screens and go back it tells me I'm connected -- but the car keeps saying no phone active.

My gut is to do reset of the operating system, since none of these issues seem related and I need to move on with my life, but I've never attempted something like this and want some pointers before I go for it.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Welcome to the forums,

Have you tried simply popping out the battery and putting it back in? I know that will fix the camera issue. Make sure the device is turned on when you remove the battery.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
mlowry

John,

Thanks, that did have some impact... it fixed the camera, and changed the mail logos back to opened/unopened mail icons... but those messages that had previously been opened while they were weird blue folders still won't delete.

I'm going to test the Bluetooth now...

Mark
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
mlowry

Okay, that seems to have cured Bluetooth as well. What a solution! Now it seems to be set to automatically connect/disconnect from my car system (Dodge UConnect system), but that's okay.

Thanks again! I'm going to keep digging for ways to get rid of old e-mail, as those messages are still floating in there....
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
mlowry

Just a follow-up... although I still have not cured the issue of mail messages being "tagged" as blue folders instead of email envelopes, I learned a way (from Blackberry tech support site - KB10167) to delete any message via the Desktop Manager:

Procedure
Warning: Be sure to back up data on the BlackBerry device before clearing any database. Information will be permanently lost otherwise.

Step 1
To clear the Messages database, complete one of the following options:

Option 1
To clear the Messages database using BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, complete the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Double-click Backup and Restore, then click Advanced.
From the list of Device Databases, select the appropriate database. For Email Messages, select Messages.
Click Clear.
In the Warning window, click OK.
Send a new message to the BlackBerry device. New messages now appear in the Messages screen.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, well aware of that procedure. However, i didn't think to suggest it since it removes ALL your email messages, not just the stuck ones.
Closed Thread