BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
JakeF150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default how to block all phone call ( voice ) ??

Please Login to Remove!

since i m deaf and i get once a while phone calls voice, how do you block it from call me thru tmobile 8320 ??

Thanks!
Jake
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Jake. I'm a sign language interpreter (and hoh myself). I have deaf friends who have called T-Mobile through VRS and asked them to disable voice mail. I do not think they can turn the phone part off, but at least no one can leave you messages.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
PCgirl

Model: iP 4S

For no voice calls at all, you could change your plan to a "data-only" plan, but if you want the once in a while phone calls, maybe just do what cwosigns suggested and disable voicemail?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
JakeF150
Thumbs Must Hurt

awesome will do that.

My device has only Data unlimited plan thats it...i was wonder why i still get voice call and LEFT msg .

Thanks!
Jake
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
For no voice calls at all, you could change your plan to a "data-only" plan, but if you want the once in a while phone calls, maybe just do what cwosigns suggested and disable voicemail?
You have to believe that TMo would take the common-sense approach to selling a phone to a deaf person and not require that they pay for a voice plan.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF150 View Post
awesome will do that.

My device has only Data unlimited plan thats it...i was wonder why i still get voice call and LEFT msg .

Thanks!
Jake
I think you may need the Unlimited Data Voice Barred plan. That way any voice calls won't come through, I don't think.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
biggem001

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
awesome will do that.

Thanks!
Jake
you still get voice, just u dont have a plan.
my gf has a sidekick data plan, but can still recieve voice calls. (20c per min tho)

What you CAN do is this:
PHONE(press menu button in the phone screen) > OPTIONS (scroll to this) > CALL FORWARDING > it should say please wait now, once loaded... click the radio button that says FORWARD ALL CALLS and then right under it will be either - DO NOT FORWARD - or your voicemail number, just set the box to your voicemail.

now all your calls get straight to voicemail, so u dont have to worry about accepting calls anymore..

ALSO

now that all calls get forwarded to ur voicemail, there are voicemail programs than u can register with that will, when u get this program, will let u READ your voicemails via a program. It will act as your voicemail, and create text out of the spoken words.

EDIT: BTW the voicemail to text program works via DATA only, no VOICE

Im sure if u talk to them, and explain your situation they might give you a discount, i know i would.

Last edited by biggem001; 10-09-2007 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: forgot to add sumtin
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

In your profiles there is a Do Not Disturb function couldn't you use that? I know for me if I activate the Do Not Disturb mode all calls will go to my voicemail right away.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Nitty the OP is deaf and does not wish to receive voice mail either. They want strictly data. The last poster did have an interesting idea on forcing to Vmail and having it translated through!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
PCgirl

Model: iP 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessforever View Post
You have to believe that TMo would take the common-sense approach to selling a phone to a deaf person and not require that they pay for a voice plan.
Yeah, "data-only", or as jeremyckitching said, the unlimited data voice barred plan. And being a huge fan of T-Mo, of course I would believe T-Mo wouldn't sell voice services to a deaf person, but maybe he bought it online and the settings weren't correct when he received it.

Anyway, I was under the impression that "data-only" meant exactly that -- and no voice/phone service/calls, period. Just like some Nextels have only the radio services and the phone is deactivated, or just dead. And one would think if there were no voice/phone services, then voicemail wouldn't be active. *shrugs*
Old 10-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
Yeah, "data-only", or as jeremyckitching said, the unlimited data voice barred plan. And being a huge fan of T-Mo, of course I would believe T-Mo wouldn't sell voice services to a deaf person, but maybe he bought it online and the settings weren't correct when he received it.

Anyway, I was under the impression that "data-only" meant exactly that -- and no voice/phone service/calls, period. Just like some Nextels have only the radio services and the phone is deactivated, or just dead. And one would think if there were no voice/phone services, then voicemail wouldn't be active. *shrugs*
Actually our friend "biggem001" probably has it correct in his post above. I used to have a data card for my computer which of course was used just to connect my computer to the Internet. As I recall, there was voice service associated with the account. Not a voice plan per se, but the capability to make voice calls which were billed out without a voice plan at .20 cents a minute. The data card also had a voicemail capability. None of this really mattered because there was never a reason to give anyone my data card number. A deaf person text messaging others would be different because anyone gettting a text message from the deaf subscriber would also get their number as part of the text message.

It may appear that a deaf person may not have a choice but to have voice service associated with his/her account whether or not they wish to have it. Might be a good idea to have the deaf person ask a favor of a friend to record a voice recording specifying that the subscriber is deaf and requests that voice mails not be left at their number.

T-Mobile and other carriers should have some sort of assistance program available to help the deaf on matters like this.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #12
JakeF150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok got it all set forward mail. thanks.

I will call t mobile cust service to see if they can blocks all voice call this week.

Theres small picture of tape on upper left corner, now how the heck do i delete msg voice from my 8320 ?

Thanks!
Jake

Last edited by JakeF150; 10-09-2007 at 07:35 PM..
Old 10-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
cwosigns

Model: 9300

Do you have a videophone? You can call your cell number through a Video Relay Service (Sorenson, CSDVRS, Snap! VRS, etc) and the interpreter will interpret your menu options, and you can even ask the interpreter to interpret and delete your messages. I have even been asked to record the outgoing message on a deaf person's cell phone before.

Let me know if you have more questions...I can even call you on VP and we can chat about your options.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I will call t mobile cust service to see if they can blocks all voice call this week.
I'm using an excellent program called Antair Call Screener. It allows you to customize who gets through and who doesn't. Today I noticed that it even has a protocol to "block ALL calls."

It's $30 but it is a simple answer to all your problems.

Available here ... Antair
Old 10-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #15
JakeF150
Thumbs Must Hurt

I called them myself thru VRS and its all set and wavired all charged (2.45) for voice and they puzzled about it then erased it for me and they set blocks voicemail that i have been getting.

Hope fully its all work out now.

Thanks!
Jake
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #16
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8100 pearl: Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I hope that all works out Jake. If you get any more problems, here's what to do. PIN me. pin:23ef1e3d. Write me a message and ill walk you through some alternate steps. I know how irritating it is because my mom is deaf with a sidekick and its annoying having all those icons and not being able to use any of them. Lol. So PIN me and ill be glad to help. =)
Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
Medic48

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

You can utilize a "Data Only-Voice Block" option which could be added on, however SMS does send through the voice network and blocking voice may inadvertently block SMS as well.

--Phil
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #18
mkatwilder24
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Simulscribe.com

If you still wanted to get those voicemails from your more persistant hearing callers, there is a product/service called Simulscribe that transcribes voicemail messages into email. Might want to check it out if you don't necessarily want to shut off your service.