Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sync Microsoft

Please Login to Remove!

quick ?. I didn't try when I had my 8700. Is the organizer they say it has, similar to what the dash calls a calendar? and most importanly, will it sync with Outlook?

thx
Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
quick ?. I didn't try when I had my 8700. Is the organizer they say it has, similar to what the dash calls a calendar? and most importanly, will it sync with Outlook?

thx
Yes, use the Desktop Manager to synch it. Unless you are on BES then you can sync OTA.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Yes, use the Desktop Manager to synch it. Unless you are on BES then you can sync OTA.
Thank You much. While I love the Dash, I can't wait to get the curve next week. any more messages telling me how much I will love it is appreciated

Anyway, with regards to this post, the syncing has to be better than the Dash. (anyone know about it) It syncs very easily. Very. but you have to have the firewall off. And then, Microsoft activesync always from that point stays on. I turn it off. Turn it off from msconfig, then it remains on once I use it again. a vicious cycle

and lastly, I can use the Dash when there is a conflict or use Outlook. But they give you no chance of changing that when you connect, it begins syncing. So if you have someone address ONLY in outlook and you want it on your Dash u are screwed.

Understand???

ttyl
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Thank You much. While I love the Dash, I can't wait to get the curve next week. any more messages telling me how much I will love it is appreciated

Anyway, with regards to this post, the syncing has to be better than the Dash. (anyone know about it) It syncs very easily. Very. but you have to have the firewall off. And then, Microsoft activesync always from that point stays on. I turn it off. Turn it off from msconfig, then it remains on once I use it again. a vicious cycle

and lastly, I can use the Dash when there is a conflict or use Outlook. But they give you no chance of changing that when you connect, it begins syncing. So if you have someone address ONLY in outlook and you want it on your Dash u are screwed.

Understand???

ttyl

Not sure if I totally understand but yes you have the ability to resolve conflict. Again, it all depends if you are on BES and doing it OTA or if you are doing it via the Desktop Manager with a data cable. If you are doing the later you can configure what you want to synch, from calendar to contact, memo pad entries and tasks. You can manually synch or or have it set to auto-synch whenever you connect.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
any more messages telling me how much I will love it is appreciated
The Curve is a phenominal phone. I believe it is the best phone ever designed.

Syncing with Outlook has been very easy for me.

I love this phone.

Good luck.

Last edited by wirelessforever; 10-05-2007 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessforever View Post
The Curve is a phenominal phone. I believe it is the best phone ever designed.

Syncing with Outlook has been very easy for me.

I love this phone.

Good luck.
Thanks to All. Thatzmister2u, you hit the nail on the nose/button, LOL, whatever the expression is (a bud and I are here laughing about it), the
ACTIVESYNC is automatic, it does not have manual.

So in the example given, I usually go from the Dash to Outlook or rather let the Dash override Outlook. But in the case today, I had an address on Outlook that I wanted in the dash that I did not want to type out. I connected, then it sync'd, then it erased the addy in Outlook because the Dash did not have the address. :(

Can't wait to have the manual capabilities

btw, quick ? so I dont have to have a full thread. (or 2) 1. What games come on it, or can you get something like Pocketnestor or like Microsoft has BrainBAsh 2. In Cnets review, it lost to the dash, only because it did not have wifi then, now it does. I think it would tie or beat the dash in their opinion. But it did get a lower call quality score. Anyone had any probs with that???

thx much
Eric
Closed Thread