Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #141
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Please remember this is posted in the rumor section. We all know not all rumors are true. Plus we now how concrete release dates are. They are probally released to at&t and they pushed it back for some reason.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #142
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

I dont want to get into this but abell how can you have an educated analysis of a rumor when it comes to a release date? If it comes from someone at at&t you would think it has some truth to it but if you are around these forums we all know that release dates are hardly right on the first time.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #143
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
I dont want to get into this but abell how can you have an educated analysis of a rumor when it comes to a release date? If it comes from someone at at&t you would think it has some truth to it but if you are around these forums we all know that release dates are hardly right on the first time.
Guess having worked for two carriers in the US I have a better ability to decipher good from bad info, knowing how the carriers communicate internally.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #144
keroppilee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: ATT

This thread has now been derailed. Stop the flame war before reading this becomes completely useless for reading the rumored release date of the 8310.

Looks like the new rumor is next week on the 11th.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #145
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Utterly pathetic.

There is an 'ignore' list in your user CP. Use it.

EDIT: I decided to reopen the thread to let those of you who were not acting like children continue the conversation. Keep it on topic and use respect.

EDIT 2: The posts in question have been deleted. Carry on.

Last edited by juwaack68; 10-03-2007 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Because I can.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #146
keroppilee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

I guess if the 8820 got delayed by a week, why not the new curve?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #147
kwues
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

whenever the 8310 comes out....it will be my first ever experience with a BlackBerry (other than in store demos ), coming from years of Windows Mobile (so far from research and user reviews/opinions, i should have no regrets going through the "light at the end of the tunnel" ...i know i have been pretty darn anxious the last two weeks for this 10/04 release date, i can only begin to imagine what existing BlackBerry users must feel if it gets delayed, even for a day (looks to be the case)..... ...guess we all have one thing in common, we're all at the hands of carriers/manufactures at one time or another in our lives...Bring on the 8310...at least the AT&T version!!!

Last edited by kwues; 10-03-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #148
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hey Kwues i definately agree with you!!!, im so excited about it, hehehe will also be my first BB experience and i sure hope it will be with the AT&T BB 8310.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #149
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwues View Post
whenever the 8310 comes out....it will be my first ever experience with a BlackBerry (other than in store demos ), coming from years of Windows Mobile (so far from research and user reviews/opinions, i should have no regrets going through the "light at the end of the tunnel" ...i know i have been pretty darn anxious the last two weeks for this 10/04 release date, i can only begin to imagine what existing BlackBerry users must feel if it gets delayed, even for a day (looks to be the case)..... ...guess we all have one thing in common, we're all at the hands of carriers/manufactures at one time or another in our lives...Bring on the 8310...at least the AT&T version!!!
You will love it. It is SO much more efficient. To send someone an email for example, all you have to do is start typing the first few letters of their name, scroll down, click menu, then choose to SMS, MMS, PIN, EMAIL, DRIVE TO, etc ... and you are on your way. Literally 2 total clicks to send someone a text message. On Windows Mobile it was a few clicks. And a totally of one button to respond to an email you receive instantly. Do this hundreds of times a day and Windows Mobile just feels extremely cumbersome.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #150
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobybabymommy View Post
Hey Kwues i definately agree with you!!!, im so excited about it, hehehe will also be my first BB experience and i sure hope it will be with the AT&T BB 8310.
I have owned a few Smartphones ... Treo 650, Treo 700, TMobile Dash, Cingular 8525, and this BlackBerry Pearl. The most efficient to use for daily messaging is my Pearl .... nothing beats a BB for messaging and email. Windows Mobile and Palm just feel cumbersome.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #151
kwues
Thumbs Must Hurt

@boobybabymommy and numetheus
come on guys/gals....you guys are not making the wait any easier... .....i want to be an "addict" now!!! i just cant wait to not have to reset every so often like i did with WM....on top of dealing with touch screen issues, etc....and i'm sure email experience will be heaven....i truly believe you o "crazy one"...... (what Windows Mobile??????)
Old 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #152
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
come on guys/gals....you guys are not making the wait any easier... .....i want to be an "addict" now!!! i just cant wait to not have to reset every so often like i did with WM....on top of dealing with touch screen issues, etc....and i'm sure email experience will be heaven....i truly believe you o "crazy one"...... (what Windows Mobile??????)
Oh yeah and it is extremely stable. The UI is 10x more efficient than a WM device because most programs are very consistent in the way they behave, and features are easily accessible by one menu controlled by the trackball. I poop all over Windows Mobile .. poop all over it! lol

Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #153
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Well I have used the old PocketPC, and Windows Mobile 6 Standard. I upgraded my Dash to that .... and things go slower. Talk about going backwards. lol

Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #154
kwues
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Oh yeah and it is extremely stable. The UI is 10x more efficient than a WM device because most programs are very consistent in the way they behave, and features are easily accessible by one menu controlled by the trackball. I poop all over Windows Mobile .. poop all over it! lol
ouch, it's like that?....poopin all over it! you are crazy.....lol , let the poopin commence....yeah the trackball, i have to admit after playing around with it in the stores, it's definitely something i can get used to, very efficient, indeed.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #155
kwues
Thumbs Must Hurt

i currently use the WM6 Smartphone (Cavalier Dopod C730/Big Brother to the Dash) and WM6 PPC (8525)....and really have'nt noticed any decrease in overall speed/power compared to WM5, i guess it varies with different devices and the tweaks/hacks made to them. I know I tweak my devices to get it's full potential as much as possible (speed, performance,memory,storage,etc.).....but like i said it's time to be more efficient and move on to something more reliable and more appealing.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #156
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

My husband at first wanted a Rzr but then i told the store girl to tell him how breakable they are to the point he just didnt want one, then he asked the girl about the Blackjack...hehehehe i had already told her in advance t convince him the right phone for him is a BB, thats why we are gtting them, i was wanting a Pearl for a long time but then he askd me if i wanted a Pearl and it was about 50 bucks cheaper but why not just get the Curve yeah 5o bucks more but 2. MP camera compraed to a 1.3 MP so,i decided to get that one.

Then he wanted the Pearl but now he is convinced he wants the 8310 cus of the GPS on it, we travel alot (and get lost alot as well:P) and are moving from base to base all over the country (Marines) besides we have to drive home (OK State)at least some 5 times a year, if none of us is deployed. Besides He is also in to the Computer Animation Industry and all of his friends have a BB the ones without the cam of course and all of them are so Jealous of Him cus they all know He will be getting the new curve with AT&T hopefully.

the point is WE CANT WAIT!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY:D
Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #157
LD85

Default 8310 arrival at ATT

Neither ATT nor their stores have any ideas about the arrival date.

ATT direct says, "watch the web site!"
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #158
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

October 10.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #159
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Lets hope it will be out then i will be the first one along with another thousand from the BB forums to get one hehehe I'm so excited...cant wait
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #160
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Oct 10th or 11th is only separated by a second.
Closed Thread