BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
jaredpepper

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

yeah. my dad doesnt care about something so petty. he he worried about the number of claims and what not. i would like to try to get something my self, im 21 but i would have to use the same address as him so i think it would conflict. thanks for you help.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #22
frontheadlock
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mo
Default jaredpepper

It should not conflict if you're with State Farm. Take the insurance out in your name. I promise you, if you PUT IT IN YOUR NAME ONLY, but you still share the same address.. You will not hurt your father's claim records if you have one. P-A-P's do not affect your claim records with any other line.

For example..

You insure your cell phone on a PAP.. Pay 30 bucks. It breaks next week because you got drunk and used it for a hockey puck. State Farm pays $449 and you get a new phone and sim card. (actually you get a check for $449, you can buy whatever you want with it).. but let's say you buy another 8320 Curve.. You come back and try to put another policy on there.. You may run into trouble doing it, but you'll be fine. You break it AGAIN, they'll pay again, and you won't be able to write a third one for 3-5 years. Two strikes you're out.

However, breaking it twice, doesn't matter to your homeowners or renters or auto or whatever. It shows up as a non-chargeable claim. It can NOT hurt your other policies outside of PAP's. Trust me on this.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #23
frontheadlock

Default Underwriter

If the State Farm agent gives you any sass about doing it, or what you paid for it.. or whatever.. Please ask him to call his "Fire Underwriter" and confirm it. Any fire underwriter will accept it. Most agents just don't know this.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJBritish View Post
Success! The third state farm agent I called finally took it. He wasn't sure at first so he said he called the underwriter and they told him that it could be done for $30 a year (same deal as with the first poster). If anyone is having trouble I would suggest asking the agent to call the underwriter. I live in NYC so it definitely works outside of Oklahoma. Hope this helps you save some dough.
Any chance you could PM me with your Agent's contact? Since I live in LI (work in NYC), it's make it much easier than for me to try and find an agent that won't give me problems. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #25
bravo19

PIN: 241ED1AB
Carrier: Tmobile
Default please

Please PM the agents name also. I'm in NY. I'll call him tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
SJBritish

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have been getting a lot of messages asking for where I got the insurance so I will just post it. I don't think the guy will mind some extra commission!
The number to call is (212) 873-3262 and ask for Alex Vukel. You can pay over the phone using a card but the address (just in case) is

305 W 72nd Street
Apt 1-B
New York, NY 10023-2659
Old 09-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
frontheadlock

Default OK the official word

I got in touch with State Farm corporate.. Here's what they said about eligibility for this.

If you DO have some State Farm insurance, particularly fire insurance (meaning homeowners, renters, boat, etc) then you're virtually guaranteed to get this policy, provided you haven't broken 2-3 phones on a policy before.

If you DO NOT have any State Farm insurance, you can still apply. However they will need your social security number and will run a loss history check. If you are an arsonist or have a history of finding a hail storm with your roof.. Then you MAY be denied. But it's highly unlikely if you're clean for 3 years. I'd say 80% of people without State Farm still get approved.. Maybe even more than that, really.
Closed Thread