BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Knigel

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell
Default Korean and Japanese to English Dictionary + OS languages and fonts for 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I am an English teacher and I am trying to learn Korean and Japanese. I am trying to find dictionaries for my blackberry and I am also trying to find out how I can add Korean and Japanese to my Blackberry languages. I would like to be able to read the characters and fonts that my friends use when they message me. I would like to like to be able to write and read in Asian characters.

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knigel View Post
Hello, I am an English teacher and I am trying to learn Korean and Japanese. I am trying to find dictionaries for my blackberry and I am also trying to find out how I can add Korean and Japanese to my Blackberry languages. I would like to be able to read the characters and fonts that my friends use when they message me. I would like to like to be able to write and read in Asian characters.

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
You could download the latest OS from the sticky link above. Once installed, you could read Korean and Japanese. Unfortunately, you wont be able to type Korean or Japanese.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
wangta01
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
You could download the latest OS from the sticky link above. Once installed, you could read Korean and Japanese. Unfortunately, you wont be able to type Korean or Japanese.
Not sure there is anyway to type in Korean or Japanese. Maybe someone with an 8707h in Japan could chime in (guessing they might type Japanese there!)
Old 03-26-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
BB Jisyo

Model: 8707h
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Docomo
Default Japanese dictionary for Blackberry

Hi,

If you are still looking for a Japanese dictionary, please try out BB Jisyo at BB Jisyo - Japanese Dictionary for Blackberry . This dictionary supports Japanese input (kanji etc).
Also has access to a 160,000 sentence database of English - Japanese examples.
Its tested and works on the 8707h (yes, Japanese input is possible on this device). I would be interested if anyone could give it a try with devices which only support Japanese fonts (not input).

Cheers
Old 03-26-2008, 06:12 AM   #5
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (bb8320TMO)

Reading these fonts could also be achieved without having to install os. Check my signature.