Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO
Unhappy Micro SD Card Error?!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys (and Gals)

Its been a while since i've visited the forum but it looks like I run into an issue and I need some help.

Just last night, I connected my pearl to my PC via USB to load some music. Apparently, during the copying process, my USB cord came loose and interupted the file transfer. I figured, no big deal, just have to start over...

BUT!!!!

My peal doesnt recognize my micro sd card anymore. I figured something was corrupted and i would need to re-format my card - again, no big deal. BUT it seems even after re-formatting my card, my pearl still cant recognize the card. I checked the options, made sure "Media Card Support" was ON and Mass Storage Mode was ON, played around, no luck. Did a battery pull several times, no luck. The message on the pearl reads "Media Card Cannot be Read. Verify that the memory card is formatted"..... however, it been formatted a couple times... and still the same issue.

What do you suggest i do? i was thinking of restoring my pearl from the last time i saved but its been a while and i dont want to lose all my apps and reset all my configurations since my last save. HELP.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Carrier: None

do you have a memory card reader that you can use? like to bypass it being in your pearl?

if you do format it that way,

also when you plug it into you PC with the card in your pearl, does the comp see it? if it does try formating it that way, by selecting the drive in windows explorer, then right click and hit format and see if that works
Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

I dont have a mem card ready, otherwise i would do it directly.

As of right now, I only can access the micro through the pearl. Yes, my PC recognizes the micro sd card through windows explorer, so thats why i know its not a hardware issue... as far a re-formating it through windows explorer, already tried it, explorer says "format complete" but no luck when trying to recognize it out my pearl!

something out of whack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
do you have a memory card reader that you can use? like to bypass it being in your pearl?

if you do format it that way,

also when you plug it into you PC with the card in your pearl, does the comp see it? if it does try formating it that way, by selecting the drive in windows explorer, then right click and hit format and see if that works
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

ummm then i have no idea... maybe someone else will chime in, but the only other thing i can think of is maybe borrow someone elses pearl and card, then with your friends device re format your card, then put his card in your pearl and see if you can read it...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just fixed the issue, apparently there is a "format" function on the pearl when in advanced options>mediacard... never knew there was such an option until now... thanks for your effort corey
Old 08-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

that was going to be my first suggestion but from your first post it sounded like you already were trying that.... lol well glad you got it resolved
Closed Thread