BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aky View Post
so wheres the cheapest place to get one of these chips, im also in Canada
thanks
Check with Amazon and vendor "eMartBuy." He had the best price that I found.

Of course, you can research yourself and see if there is some other "cheapest place." I don't have time to scour the Net, but have at it.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #243
.Shaun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A

so i'm going to guess the final conclusion and point proved is a 4gb micro sd card can work on the latest os of the pearl... with tmobile?

i've read all 6 pages. trying to get a clear answer here before i go buy one.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #244
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Carrier: None

definitly works with the OS .101, not sure about the .103 yet, but i dont see why not
Old 08-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #245
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Shaun View Post
so i'm going to guess the final conclusion and point proved is a 4gb micro sd card can work on the latest os of the pearl... with tmobile?

i've read all 6 pages. trying to get a clear answer here before i go buy one.
See my post in the OS update thread, I installed the new OS on my T-Mo Pearl [that is from Sept. 2006]. 4Gb chip works fine.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #246
.Shaun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
See my post in the OS update thread, I installed the new OS on my T-Mo Pearl [that is from Sept. 2006]. 4Gb chip works fine.
o ok thanx
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #247
buckett
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
PIN: :LDKJFSD:LNT<MN><
Carrier: AT&T

what's the verdict for AT&T Pearl? i got mine 3 days ago, and i'm buying a card soon, i stumbled onto this thread, i have the newest os on it, so do they work for AT&T Pearl?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #248
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

did you read the whole thread?

yes you can
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #249
gpaciotti

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Check with Amazon and vendor "eMartBuy." He had the best price that I found.

Of course, you can research yourself and see if there is some other "cheapest place." I don't have time to scour the Net, but have at it.
Hello SanFran,

I am new to the blackberry 8100 but in reading the last 7 pages of input decided to try to put the 4 gig card in my pearl. After reading these pages I believe that I need to:
A) upgrade my OS. I have the 4.2.0.64 build of the OS, am a mac user and thus was wondering how to go about doing that.
B) purchase the card, but wanted to be sure which one.

If possible would you mind just listing the steps you took to make the 4 gig card operational. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After succesffully hitting this milestone I'll ask, if its not too much trouble, how to put a dvd on the card. But one step at a time. Thanks again for the forum and all the input from all the readers.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #250
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Hey SF i'll this one for you ;)

1. to upgrade you need to have a PC as the OS on this site ( which can be found here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...1-103-tmo.html ) is a .exe which means it a executable file and MAC cannot open them, as far as i know. so therefore you need to get a PC, either your own or borrow a friends for a hours or so.

2. To get the card working is the same with any other card. Put it in the phone lol. onces it in the phone we recommend that you format it just so i can be used. to format, go options> advanced> media card> menu button> format card

3. MAKE SURE you get a genuine scandisk card or if you go ebay make sure the seller has at 99.8% good selling, even that is like ummm whats going on, read the negative post on the member and see why. but make sure you get scan disk they are the best in memory card technology

hope this helps
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #251
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Hey SF i'll this one for you ;)

3. MAKE SURE you get a genuine scandisk card or if you go ebay make sure the seller has at 99.8% good selling, even that is like ummm whats going on, read the negative post on the member and see why. but make sure you get scan disk they are the best in memory card technology

hope this helps
Cory.... tell him to get a "SanDisk" not as you say, a "Scan Disk."

If he finds and buys a "scan disk" that will be a fake.

And from my other posts about fake memory chips, his best bet is to NOT buy from eBay sellers out of Hong Kong.

He should use Amazon and that seller "eMartBuy." All the chips I have bought from him have been genuine.

Moreover, I don't think fake 4Gb MicroSD chips have hit the market yet. But any day now, so he should be careful.

If he uses eBay, I'd buy from a U.S. based seller with at least 100 feedbacks, all good.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-19-2007 at 01:12 PM..
Old 08-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #252
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: cingular

Got my 4GB microSD from eMartBuy on Amazon and while I wasn't happy with their speed of shipping (didn't ship my order for 6 days after payment, and that didn't occur until AFTER I contacted them), to SF's point, the disk works perfectly and just about all 4GB is available. I've brought memory cards from ebay before, but in this instance, I think I'd stick with Amazon.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #253
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
Got my 4GB microSD from eMartBuy on Amazon and while I wasn't happy with their speed of shipping (didn't ship my order for 6 days after payment, and that didn't occur until AFTER I contacted them), to SF's point, the disk works perfectly and just about all 4GB is available. I've brought memory cards from ebay before, but in this instance, I think I'd stick with Amazon.
I think it probably fell through the cracks. He has always shipped fast on the four times or so that I have used him.

One time I bought the wrong chip [I wanted the SD chip with the USB male end built in]. Canceled the order and he refunded all my money quickly.

He has the best prices that I can see and he is selling genuine, so yeah, I'd stick with him.

On eBay I am only going to go with U. S. sellers who sell only memory and who have at least 100 feedbacks, with a 99.5 rating or higher. Too risky otherwise [even private sellers might try to unload their counterfeits].

Thanks for posting your experience. Isn't 4Gb cool. I love the extra space.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #254
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

I love it. I have a 4GB Nano and when I got the Pearl I was determined to use it as a converged device. To do so, I had to get from about the 3.5GB of music on my Nano down to about 2GB so I filtered a lot of music, some of which I missed and some of which I don't. Now I have the luxury of loading the music I missed onto my Pearl and will likely still have about 1 to 1.5GB of free space.

So to make a long answer less long, I LOVE IT. I get A2DP support for stereo BT, and this may actually turn into a device that I keep for a few years.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #255
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

you know there is not a2dp supoprt for the pearl yet
Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #256
djxedxd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon

Think he means when he gets it which were all twitchin for any techy figure out how to do this with out havin to wait for the update ? My 4g card will be much more useful to me with it. Just my 2 cents heh.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #257
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
Think he means when he gets it which were all twitchin for any techy figure out how to do this with out havin to wait for the update ? My 4g card will be much more useful to me with it. Just my 2 cents heh.
Guess I wasn't clear enough .
Old 08-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #258
Cory Trevor

Carrier: Vodafone

Very Newbie question so my apologies up front.

I recently got a Pearl and I'm interested in getting the largest MicroSD for it on the market.

My blackberry currently has the v4.2.0.67 software on it and from what I've read, it will require the v4.2.1.103 to be installed before the 4GB SDHC card will work, correct?

Now, the big question. I have been given this phone by my employer who runs a BES. I am currently on Vodafone in the UK. If I run the v4.2.1.103 patch while I have my blackberry hooked up to my PC, will it completely wipe all my personal settings off my blackberry?

The IT department will be none too happy if they have to set up my device again, and I'm pretty sure installing 'unauthorised' patches on my phone is against the code of conduct, so I basically can only apply this patch if it will leave all my settings and such as is, so that I can receive my push email from the server.

Appreciate any advice on this.

Cheers,

CT
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #259
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post

I recently got a Pearl and I'm interested in getting the largest MicroSD for it on the market.

My blackberry currently has the v4.2.0.67 software on it and from what I've read, it will require the v4.2.1.103 to be installed before the 4GB SDHC card will work, correct?

Now, the big question. I have been given this phone by my employer who runs a BES. I am currently on Vodafone in the UK. If I run the v4.2.1.103 patch while I have my blackberry hooked up to my PC, will it completely wipe all my personal settings off my blackberry?

The IT department will be none too happy if they have to set up my device again, and I'm pretty sure installing 'unauthorised' patches on my phone is against the code of conduct, so I basically can only apply this patch if it will leave all my settings and such as is, so that I can receive my push email from the server.

Cheers,

CT
Don't risk getting into trouble. Run by the IT dept. what you want to do. Clear it with them rather than trying to figure if what you do might break the rules, especially since the employer gave you the phone.

It's theirs, so better not fool with it.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #260
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post

Cheers,

CT
Cory,
I agree with SanFrancisco but OS upgrades are pretty common place and pushed by the carriers. Reactivating your device on the BES is a simple task and only takes them a minute to setup a password. I would call them and tell them you are going to upgrade your os and would they give you a password for Enterprise Activation for when you are through. That will show that you "know what you're doing" and they'll probably set it up for you with few questions asked.

The 4GB cards will likely work with any of the 4.2.1 OS upgrades.
Closed Thread