Old 05-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #61
SchmutzBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earpon
People! IM+ 2.2 is actually out for the BB! There's an option that you could just press insted of pressing at the same time which sucks!
now much improved.
can it alert you with a pop up message while running in the background like Verichat?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #62
Batovato

Model: 7520
Default Best and cheapest IM program

Click on the nol browser, go to portals and pick which IM program you use(MSN, Yahoo, AOL, or MBN Audio) and sign in.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #63
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T

I did download the IM+ for a preview. Its so much better than Verichat, but not as good as the sidekick AIM. Man, I wish i would have bought IM+

:( It does seem like there is a delay, but at least it stays logged on.

Politicin' 24/7
Old 05-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #64
earpon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B4E64D
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmutzBerry
now much improved.
can it alert you with a pop up message while running in the background like Verichat?
I don't think so, feature request here! It only alerts you when you're using IM+.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #65
Wisest

Model: *****

Though we have IM+ and Verichat....I think Causerie will take place of them...People using IM+ and Verichat just take a look at it, straight forward u will feel that Causerie look is gr8 and also that it's other features are also very good.

Quote:
*** MODERATOR WARNING ***
This user is a known Causiere spammer according to forum logfiles. Several userid's are marketing Causiere from the same Internet address as this user.

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 06-03-2005 at 05:04 PM..
Old 05-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #66
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T

Well I used IM+ on the trail basis, and although it stays connected much much much better than verichat, i experienced it lagging. People sending me messages would take a while to get to my phone.

Overall though, I would rather have late messages then people continually thinking that I am signing off on them. I hope something better comes out instead of verichat. I am really looking for something that shows when people are away, idle and allows the user to make his/her own away messages.

Politicin' 24/7
Old 05-25-2005, 05:24 PM   #67
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Thumbs down

And the slowest have to refresh everytime it sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batovato
Click on the nol browser, go to portals and pick which IM program you use(MSN, Yahoo, AOL, or MBN Audio) and sign in.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:42 AM   #68
AL904

Carrier: at&t

I still use, and like WebMessenger. WebMessenger seems to have fixed their server problems.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #69
dandamannyc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7510
Carrier: Nextel

Does anyone know more about Causerie. How is its performance and what is the cost of using Causerie?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #70
shiyen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

im useing ramble IM and its pretty soild does what i need but im haveing one issue with it, i cant use the web browser and ramble at the same time anyone eles have this issue?
Old 06-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #71
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
I checked out your app reviews wlee... Nice!

Did IM+ 2.1 fix the problems of the program being slow to load, and generally sluggish? Also, I couldn't seem to send IMs by pressing enter when I trial'd it... Had to hit SEND with the trackwheel and such. Was this changed?

yes you can use the to send msgs.. you just need to set it up right before running your "already set-up connection"

under the setting.. check the option [Send message by Enter]

and you will be able to

To me the IM+ is the best. Why would Handago.com feature it as their pick?

sluggish in compare to?
Of course you can't compare it with your desktop

But it never cuts me off when I get a phone call and I can run it on the background which is a GREAT upgrade on the the IM 2.0 which you can't.

You can stay connected while browing on the your FULL HTML BROWSER as well (Webviewer)

Old 06-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #72
CINCNORAD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

I've trial'd every single IM software for the BB. I needed an IM program that could keep me logged in all day, keep me logged in on the server side when I dropped out of GPRS range, and store my messages when I dropped and deliver them when I came back in service area etc...

Webmessenger was the only one that did all this consistently.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #73
AL904

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
I've trial'd every single IM software for the BB. I needed an IM program that could keep me logged in all day, keep me logged in on the server side when I dropped out of GPRS range, and store my messages when I dropped and deliver them when I came back in service area etc...

Webmessenger was the only one that did all this consistently.
I agree! Although Webmessenger isn't perfect, it's the best of the bunch.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:56 AM   #74
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

webmessenger is actually the only thing that does all i need as CINCNORAD says. not a single problem, no server issues, no disconnects or anything..

the single problem i have is one caused by me being i run a few other apps jmirc, regular mail (in and out) weather .. some at the same time i expect the disconnects and time outs, normally just hav eto reconnect which takes a minute to do ..

BTW im running WebMessenger on my Nextel BB7520. Yes NEXTEL users, the days of Webmessenger crashing your BB are over (atleast for me and DAWG who i recommended it to also).

havent has a single crash in over the 25 days i installed it. looking to purchase it after my trial is up..

Ramble from what i also understand is superb, friend uses it, but he uses aim only; i need yahoo also..

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120
Old 06-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #75
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I agree webmessenger is the only way to go for Nextel I have been connected now for three days straight without a single disconnect other than going out of coverage. As soon as coverage is back Application connects by its self.. Highly rcommend to any Nextel User have tried all the rest but webmessenger is the Best..
Old 06-08-2005, 02:02 AM   #76
John Preist

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandamannyc
Does anyone know more about Causerie. How is its performance and what is the cost of using Causerie?
I found a bad feedback about Causerie here. Later I checked MantraGroup Forums and found the same thing there. But in the end I found all the Bugs are fixed, please try making a clean new installation and get back to us if you face any kind of problem. I think this was by support of Mantra Group on their forums. This made me to download Causerie and find out how it works. Till now I did not face any problem and also they fixed almost all the bugs people reported previously but they took a bit more time. Anyway if I find bug I will surely report in their forums and see how quick they are now and also how effeciently they are fixing Bugs.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:23 AM   #77
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I just don't understand why webmessenger wants you to list your usernames and passwords in their site?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:18 AM   #78
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I just don't understand why webmessenger wants you to list your usernames and passwords in their site?
they just have a different of connecting to the chat servers.. why question it when they have the most stable connections? you have to enter the same info in the handheld to connect using other, webmessenger is just a different protocol approach

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

Old 06-08-2005, 05:20 AM   #79
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preist
I found a bad feedback about Causerie here. Later I checked MantraGroup Forums and found the same thing there. But in the end I found all the Bugs are fixed, please try making a clean new installation and get back to us if you face any kind of problem. I think this was by support of Mantra Group on their forums. This made me to download Causerie and find out how it works. Till now I did not face any problem and also they fixed almost all the bugs people reported previously but they took a bit more time. Anyway if I find bug I will surely report in their forums and see how quick they are now and also how effeciently they are fixing Bugs.
http://mantragroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2412#2412

possibly spamming again? seems that this user is saying close to the same thing as support in the link above...

Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 AM   #80
paulfr2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

I currently use SRA Ramble IM for AIM. I am thinking about using Causerie or however you spell it because you can use multiple IM Clients on one app. Down side to that app is that it costs - yearly subscription.
TMO Blackberry Pearl 8100
Lee's Summit - MO
Closed Thread