Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 23FDBBE4
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8800/8300 OTA Theme CBT

Please Login to Remove!

This is my first attempt at making a theme. Just wanted to get down the general idea... I kind of missed the old theme from my e62 so I took that into consideration when I made this.

I didn't change many icons this time, and the ones I did I stole from a few icon sets. Anything I release passed today will be hand drawn.

Anyway, I also don't know how to do OTA install themes, and I don't own an 8830 so I can only assume since I exported a version to 4.2.2 it will work.

Hope you semi enjoy --

Download for 8800 and 8830
OTA for:
8300 | 8800 | 8830

Last edited by benisntfunny; 07-30-2007 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Additions
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Looks good.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Added OTA links for 8300, 8800, 8830
Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

that's pleasant.

what's the typeface?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Very nice. I look forward to learning.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddphd View Post
that's pleasant.

what's the typeface?
It's a combination of Lucida Sans Unicode, Century Gothic (for numbers) and Candara
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
fizz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Default Problem w/Calendar on theme

I noticed that 2 items shows up on the list on the home screen under Calendar, however, they are not the next 2 items, the first is correct, the second is days away when on my calendar there are appointments in between and have confirmed that they are on my BB calendar that syncs w/my Outlook. I did the Calendar patch as well, any ideas? Nice theme nevertheless, looks great with lots of my wallpapers.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
wako
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile USA

Hey! I love this theme the most out of the two you posted recently (Leopard). I was wondering though, can you make this one into a Zen them as well? Im not too big on the Calendar the main screen becomes a waste for me...

Also I was wondering is it possible to change all the texts to the font you have set in the menus? I have tried to change the font to System, however it keeps reverting back to BBMilliBank Tall, which I hate =/

Last edited by wako; 08-01-2007 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wako View Post
Hey! I love this theme the most out of the two you posted recently (Leopard). I was wondering though, can you make this one into a Zen them as well? Im not too big on the Calendar the main screen becomes a waste for me...

Also I was wondering is it possible to change all the texts to the font you have set in the menus? I have tried to change the font to System, however it keeps reverting back to BBMilliBank Tall, which I hate =/
I could turn this into Zen. I will do that next and update it with some new icons... a few other fixes etc. People have liked the leopard one more so I have focused more time on it. If you haven't noticed from installing this yet CBT stands for "Crappy Black Theme" I didn't have big plans for this one but I'll certinaly give it some work.

Eventually I'm going to stop working on both these themes and move on to another though. I had a few other ideas I wanted to create..

as for the fonts.... I can't help you.. because I can't even help myself with them.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
wako
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Tmobile USA

Crappy Black Theme?!

Man, I guess I just have bad taste then

I really like the simplicity of it, I guess thats why I like it.

One odd thing I found is that in your Leopard theme, you can actually change the font to System so that the main menu still keeps your original theme font while typing an email is the System font. I guess the CBT theme is just messed up

Im really looking forward to your upcoming themes. So far the themes I been able to find really didnt change much and not much of a theme to it. Most of them in my opinion is just reorganizing the icons up top. I really like how yours actually has something flowing with it.

If I can suggest something, it would be nice if the folders were different so I can easily tell between Tools and Applications.

EDIT: Oh and is it possible that I can add more of my applications into the Applications folder?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #11
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wako View Post
Crappy Black Theme?!

Man, I guess I just have bad taste then

I really like the simplicity of it, I guess thats why I like it.

One odd thing I found is that in your Leopard theme, you can actually change the font to System so that the main menu still keeps your original theme font while typing an email is the System font. I guess the CBT theme is just messed up

Im really looking forward to your upcoming themes. So far the themes I been able to find really didnt change much and not much of a theme to it. Most of them in my opinion is just reorganizing the icons up top. I really like how yours actually has something flowing with it.

If I can suggest something, it would be nice if the folders were different so I can easily tell between Tools and Applications.

EDIT: Oh and is it possible that I can add more of my applications into the Applications folder?
As of right now it's not possible for me to change the folders icons per folder. That would be a nice benefit. I do however like the folders... as I may have mentioned before.. I make themes for myself first, other people second . I like clearing off the main area there with stuff that can be accessed from the main menu or from the application switcher quickly.

Like I said about CBT... it's going to get reworked on.. maybe there's something I have to do to fix it.. I'm not sure. And it's not possible to put more applications into your applications folder.... standard blackberry organizational weirdness.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
Budwizer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I like this theme as well and use it for my phone. I am a new BB convert, over from PocketPC, and have had a difficult time finding good themes that are the "Today" style.

I guess I am the opposite of a lot of BB folks as I like to have my calendar displayed on the home screen. Is the 2 line display a hard limit of the BB or is this a setting that is defined when creating a theme? Also, is there a way to be able to add additional items to the home screen of theme or can that only be done by the theme creator? In particular I was wanting to add an SMS messages section to the home screen under the calendar section.

Thanks again for a great theme!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
am_bb8800
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telstra

I'd like to say that this is the 1st theme other then the standard Telstra ones I've downloaded and love it, thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #14
troutab81
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cbell

I agree with the above gentleman. I would love to see the messages and calendar expanded to see more than 2 items.

Also, the font changing thing is a little annoying as I can't stand the font there
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #15
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

I can't expand the calendar any further... if I knew a non-destructive way of editing .cod files manually i certainly could... but I don't... Theme Builder doesn't allow for more than 2 lines. If I had it my way it would be 4 lines as I do have many meetings in a given day.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #16
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default The best BB theme I have ever seen!

I justed picked up my new 8800 and loaded this theme. Wow! This is the best looking theme I have ever seen on a BB. It's so nice not having to look any further. I often think theme's aren't being designed based on the looks of the device they are running on. In this case it's a perfect match between the device and theme. I am not sure it would have looked as good on my old 8700.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

Awesome theme! Thanks for posting it. Another vote for a Zen theme. Also, I noticed that my Messages keep showing 1 unread even though there are no unread messages in my inbox. The calendar seems to work fine for me but the appointment doesn't go the whole line.

Again, it's awesome and my favorite theme. Just giving some feedback.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #18
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

Another very nice looking theme bro. I love the fonts you've used.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #19
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

http://www.imben.net/CBT.zip
Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #20
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisntfunny View Post
Could you please let us know what the link is for? I see it's a zip containing the theme, but is it an update, or?

Another thing is that I have never installed a theme from my computer, only OTA. I guess it's like installing an app?

//C
Closed Thread