G: 0
Blue: 20
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #642
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Every custom one I tried either came out orange, bright green, bright cyan or pink, even though I was trying for some other colour. I couldn't figure out brown, and yellow (even though it's already in BBAlerts) took me a while to figure out. Then I thought perhaps I'd better get back to work (although my co-workers were ooh-ing and aah-ing at the purdy pink, orange and green). ;)
Old 07-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #643
bigmatty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: !
Carrier: !

Yes its hard to get "other custom colors" with LEDs. Im glad that the ones it does have look so cool!

Man, I really hope this gets added!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #644
DarthTreo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I am using BBAlerts version 1.5 with my T-Mobile 8100. I was using handheld software version 4.2.1.66 TIM Italy and I could get LED alerts for voice mail messages. I have upgraded to handheld software version 4.2.1.101 and now I'm not getting LED alerts for voice mail. Has anyone else experienced this with a software/OS upgrade?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #645
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTreo View Post
I am using BBAlerts version 1.5 with my T-Mobile 8100. I was using handheld software version 4.2.1.66 TIM Italy and I could get LED alerts for voice mail messages. I have upgraded to handheld software version 4.2.1.101 and now I'm not getting LED alerts for voice mail. Has anyone else experienced this with a software/OS upgrade?
YUP!

When you upgrade your OS (like I did a few days ago myself, to 4.2.1.101 too), BBAlerts (and several other applications too, so don't blame BBAlerts) loses it's Registered status. When BBAlerts runs in Eval/Trial mode, you don't get voicemail alerts (amongst a few other options), *OR* it gets disabled by default and is still able to be toggled back on. You also lose any custom colours that you'd saved, and a few other features that differentiate trial mode and registered mode.

PS/Edit: I forgot to mention, BBAlerts doesn't really remind you that it's running in unregistered mode until after the trial period is over when you see a message in your alert logs. Last time this happened, I didn't realize it was due to my last OS upgrade because I'd done that some time prior (I can't remember how long the trial period is) and it took a while to realize the loss of the key info was the problem.

Again, it's not BBAlert's fault, a good half dozen of my 3rd party apps all lost their key info when I upgraded the handheld OS and I had to re-input them again.

Last edited by Klotar; 07-11-2007 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Added the PS
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #646
DarthTreo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
YUP!

When you upgrade your OS (like I did a few days ago myself, to 4.2.1.101 too), BBAlerts (and several other applications too, so don't blame BBAlerts) loses it's Registered status. When BBAlerts runs in Eval/Trial mode, you don't get voicemail alerts (amongst a few other options), *OR* it gets disabled by default and is still able to be toggled back on. You also lose any custom colours that you'd saved, and a few other features that differentiate trial mode and registered mode.

PS/Edit: I forgot to mention, BBAlerts doesn't really remind you that it's running in unregistered mode until after the trial period is over when you see a message in your alert logs. Last time this happened, I didn't realize it was due to my last OS upgrade because I'd done that some time prior (I can't remember how long the trial period is) and it took a while to realize the loss of the key info was the problem.

Again, it's not BBAlert's fault, a good half dozen of my 3rd party apps all lost their key info when I upgraded the handheld OS and I had to re-input them again.
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I just loaded the new OS yesterday so I went and put my BB Alerts registration key in today (even though the trial is not up yet) but the VM LED alert still didn't work. I checked to make sure the box was checked in the setup screen. Will registration only work after the trial has expired??
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #647
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

I believe VM is slightly different from the other alerts, in that it's not logged (at least, not in the same way) as emails, sms, pin msgs, etc. You should have gotten a popup in BBAlerts after toggling voicemail alerts on (which you no doubt saw) regarding VM detection.

That said, I know you mentioned that it used to work for you before the OS upgrade, so the carrier/network reason is out.

All I'd suggest then at this point would be to ask if you'd tried closing out of BBAlerts and restarting it (as opposed to minimizing it or exiting/escaping out). That is, Menu and Close to close it out completely and then restart BBAlerts to see if that fixes it. Of course, if you did a battery pull, then disregard what I just wrote.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can jump in here.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #648
bigmatty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: !
Carrier: !

you could uninstall and then reinstall the app. (same version)

you could also try uninstalling, then install a different version (trial) and see if it fixes it. version upgrades (so I assume downgrades if needed) are free.

if the later fixes it, you could try reinstalling your original version to see if then it would work
Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #649
DarthTreo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
I believe VM is slightly different from the other alerts, in that it's not logged (at least, not in the same way) as emails, sms, pin msgs, etc. You should have gotten a popup in BBAlerts after toggling voicemail alerts on (which you no doubt saw) regarding VM detection.

That said, I know you mentioned that it used to work for you before the OS upgrade, so the carrier/network reason is out.

All I'd suggest then at this point would be to ask if you'd tried closing out of BBAlerts and restarting it (as opposed to minimizing it or exiting/escaping out). That is, Menu and Close to close it out completely and then restart BBAlerts to see if that fixes it. Of course, if you did a battery pull, then disregard what I just wrote.
I'm not sure what else to suggest, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can jump in here.
I tried both of those and neither worked. Hmmmm.... Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #650
DarthTreo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatty View Post
you could uninstall and then reinstall the app. (same version)

you could also try uninstalling, then install a different version (trial) and see if it fixes it. version upgrades (so I assume downgrades if needed) are free.

if the later fixes it, you could try reinstalling your original version to see if then it would work
I'll try that. How do you remove/uninstall an application from the phone? I've never had to do that.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #651
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTreo View Post
I'll try that. How do you remove/uninstall an application from the phone? I've never had to do that.

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications.. then highlight application and press menu button then delete.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #652
DC-WiFi.com
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930

Can someone please post URL's to the latest releases... and demo releases?

Thanks!

GOT IT... sorry.

Last edited by DC-WiFi.com; 07-12-2007 at 12:00 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #653
DarthTreo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, as strange as it sounds it looks like it is related to the .101 OS? I deleted and re-loaded 1.5 and LED VM notification didn't work (although I did get the pop up). I also tried downgrading to version 1.49 and that didn't work either. Maybe I'll go back an OS or two.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #654
mzman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Default SMS Issue and Misc Questions

SMS does not work for me on the 8830: they are being treated as voicemails in the log and by LED color. I checked my SIM card setting - it says "No Valid SIM Card".

Also - is "High Priority" the same as Level 1 Messages? If not, what is it? On a related (according to earlier posts) topic, has anyone gotten Blackberry Messenger notifications to work based on some combination of settings?

Finally, I cannot find anywhere a description of what the "Popup on Notification" option does?

Thanks for any help on the above.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #655
sabrewulf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

What's the latest version? Handango has version 1.49 last updated: 4/25/2007. I wanted to make sure that when I ordered it, I'd have the latest version. Does it have a feature to check for updates? Is this a lifetime fee? As far as updates go, do I get free updates for life?

Last edited by sabrewulf; 07-13-2007 at 08:31 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #656
LarryH

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Sabrewulf (replying to message below) there'd been a message posted here that must've been removed by the mods.) Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by LarryH; 07-13-2007 at 03:40 PM..
Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #657
sabrewulf

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryH View Post
Not sure what this is doing in this thread which is about BB Alerts but I dl'd the trial of this program which gives you about 10 conversions (or close.) I used up about half of those versions "beta testing" the software which didn't function correctly.

I contacted tech support and they promptly fixed it. I'd asked (given my "beta test" discovery) if they could give me a few more trials before I made my decision. The result? Silence.

Part of the price of any software is customer support. I don't see the kind that would motivate me to pay for this.
Huh? Are you referring to BB Alerts? You lost me.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #658
BByMel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

For the SMS issue can you do a "read message" command on one of the voicemail alerts in the log and Private message me what it says. 8830 shouldn't have a SIM since it is CDMA.

High priority is not level 1 messages, it is the priority of the email (low, normal, high) in outlook you see a red exclamation mark for high priority.

Popup on notification just means if the program should come to the foreground when it triggers its first audible alert; otherwise it just sits in the background.

OTA Link for 1.49
http://bbymel.servebbs.com/Handango/...yAlerts149.jad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzman View Post
SMS does not work for me on the 8830: they are being treated as voicemails in the log and by LED color. I checked my SIM card setting - it says "No Valid SIM Card".

Also - is "High Priority" the same as Level 1 Messages? If not, what is it? On a related (according to earlier posts) topic, has anyone gotten Blackberry Messenger notifications to work based on some combination of settings?

Finally, I cannot find anywhere a description of what the "Popup on Notification" option does?

Thanks for any help on the above.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #659
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

A BByMel sighting! ;)

Any comments on the "No Alerts Alert aka Agent Orange" suggestion/request?

If it's not doable, let us know and we can stop dreaming. ;)
Old 07-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #660
mzman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by BByMel View Post
For the SMS issue can you do a "read message" command on one of the voicemail alerts in the log and Private message me what it says. 8830 shouldn't have a SIM since it is CDMA.

High priority is not level 1 messages, it is the priority of the email (low, normal, high) in outlook you see a red exclamation mark for high priority.

Popup on notification just means if the program should come to the foreground when it triggers its first audible alert; otherwise it just sits in the background.

OTA Link for 1.49
http://bbymel.servebbs.com/Handango/...yAlerts149.jad
Thanks.

The SMS issue seems to have gone away. My first test was an SMS to myself. My last was from someone else. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

Thanks for the clarification on "high priority".
Closed Thread