Ok, here is my configuration:

Domino Server Info:

Domino 7.0.2
IBM AS/400
OS/400 v5r2

Server for BES:

Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium
All latest Windows Updates

My problem is that I know NOTHING about Windows Servers... We just updated from Domino v5 to v7 and everything seems to be running well. I have tried to follow the instructions in the Installation Guide for BES for Domino, but every time I attempt the install, during the Preinstall checks, it tells me "No Domino Server Found".

In the install guide, it says to ensure the domino server is a member of the "LocalDomainServers" group, but I can't find a LocalDomainServers group on the Win Server... I have added a "Server Computer" using the Domino servers IP address and made it a member of every "Domain" and "Admin" group I could find, but I keep having the same problem...

In our network, we use Workgroups, not Windows Domains, so I really am not sure what I'm doing wrong here...

I know this is probably not all the info anyone needs to help me - so if I've missed alot of critical info, let me know and I'll reply right away with it...

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Orionizer; 07-10-2007 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Make Title more informative
Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

I have tried to follow the instructions in the Installation Guide for BES for Domino, but every time I attempt the install, during the Preinstall checks, it tells me "No Domino Server Found".

I believe you need Lotus Domino installed on your Windows machine before you can install BES on that machine.

I can't find a LocalDomainServers group on the Win Server

The LocalDomainServers group is a Domino group, not a Windows group.

The Step-by-step installation instructions provided with BES will go over all of the necessary details for a proper installation.
I would strongly suggest that you start over and read the instructions VERY carefully.

Last edited by penguin3107; 07-10-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Orionizer

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
I have tried to follow the instructions in the Installation Guide for BES for Domino, but every time I attempt the install, during the Preinstall checks, it tells me "No Domino Server Found".

I believe you need Lotus Domino installed on your Windows machine before you can install BES on that machine.
That is NOT good - we were assured this would work with the config we have...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Orionizer

Thanks for the info on the Domino group, btw! I've been so friggin freaked out by this Win Server stuff, that I didn't even think about that...

I'll get that setup and try again...

THANKS!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionizer View Post
That is NOT good - we were assured this would work with the config we have...
Just install Domino on the Windows machine.
It's a pretty simple thing to add another Domino server to an existing Domino domain. Your Domino admin can probably do it in a few minutes.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Orionizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Just install Domino on the Windows machine.
It's a pretty simple thing to add another Domino server to an existing Domino domain. Your Domino admin can probably do it in a few minutes.
I can ask - he will be here tomorrow, but as far as I'm aware, we only have media for an AS/400 install (purchased directly from IBM).

Also, with this being a SMB Server version, would that affect how many users could connect to the Domino server? Or is the CAL limitation on SMB Server only for NetBIOS Connections?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionizer View Post
I can ask - he will be here tomorrow, but as far as I'm aware, we only have media for an AS/400 install (purchased directly from IBM).

Also, with this being a SMB Server version, would that affect how many users could connect to the Domino server? Or is the CAL limitation on SMB Server only for NetBIOS Connections?
You'd need 1 additional server license for Domino when you install it on the Windows box.
It won't have any effect on your Domino user license count at all.

The Windows CALs have no impact on Domino. Windows CALs are only for Windows connections.
Closed Thread