BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
TAG1976
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Boxwave (Or Other) Skins, Who Uses One?

Please Login to Remove!

OK, so I dropped my curve for the first time this weekend and nicked it twice on the black rubberized side of the phone. *Reference Pic Below* When skinned I notice that 4 of the keys around the trackball are covered, and it looks as if the Convenince keys are covered on the sides of the phone. How thick is this skin? Will everything function as well as if the buttons were'nt covered? Are there any other colors available from other manufacturers?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
infinitetrance

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Wow.. This is the first time I have seen this skin and it looks so awesome in Black.. Check out Boxwave.com.. From the other pictures it seems like the buttons can be pressed through the skin.. If I were to get it I would have to opt for the screen protector as well..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/boxw...skin-case.html

Last edited by infinitetrance; 07-08-2007 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
BoogerB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Could those areas be cut out with an exacto knife or similar? I'd assume so.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

From my personal experience, BoxWave's customer service ends when your submit on your order and begins again when you want to place more... their customer service absolutely stinks and I dont recommend them to anyone.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
reyjustin

Carrier: at&t
Thumbs up my new boxwave

okay i JUST go the boxwave in the mail and thought id share my thoughts

when i first pulled it out i really liked the silky feel, its not too rubbery
second thought was 'wow this is really thin material .... i mean, i dont really even think that this will do much if i drop it, which was the reason i bought it

pros: silky feel, awesome look, offers some protection (scratches, small drops), seems like a quality product, doesnt bulk it up at ALL
cons: i dont feel safe dropping it, no screen protection, material is thin enough to snap over the end call/send call buttons

so id recommend it if you like the look, but dont want serious protections
Old 07-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
From my personal experience, BoxWave's customer service ends when your submit on your order and begins again when you want to place more... their customer service absolutely stinks and I dont recommend them to anyone.
FarSeide,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our customer service department, we are currently re-establishing that department.

Chris-
BoxWave
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyjustin View Post
okay i JUST go the boxwave in the mail and thought id share my thoughts

when i first pulled it out i really liked the silky feel, its not too rubbery
second thought was 'wow this is really thin material .... i mean, i dont really even think that this will do much if i drop it, which was the reason i bought it

pros: silky feel, awesome look, offers some protection (scratches, small drops), seems like a quality product, doesnt bulk it up at ALL
cons: i dont feel safe dropping it, no screen protection, material is thin enough to snap over the end call/send call buttons

so id recommend it if you like the look, but dont want serious protections
We do offer the Active Case, which is also thin, and does protect the screen.

Chris-
BoxWave
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
DocGo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ask me via PM
Carrier: Rogers

I just got the Boxwave Active Case. It fits the curve perfectly and actually make the phone look classy. My only complaint...very hard to remove the cover. So for those who like/need to change their battery often, this case may not work out for you (since it is very hard to pry open).
Otherwise, it is a great case.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #9
TAG1976
Thumbs Must Hurt

I appreciate all of the options, but my thoughts were of skinning it and also keeping it in my current holster. If i opted away from the BOXWAVE, what about the OEM Skin:

I could not find any other variations of pictures on this skin. It claims to have all of the cutouts on the sides, but It does not tell you if there is a cutout in the rear for the camera. Any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #10
TAG1976
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK, heres a larger shot. Does anyone use this skin? Im probably going to order this one. I would assume its a similar material to that of the Boxwave.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: vodafone

Tag I bought a 4 pack of the OEM skins from eshoplimited - I think they are forum members on here too.

I would recommend them for mild protection and they definitely make the curve a little more rugged without adding bulk. I have black, white, orange and green all of which i like but use the black most...i would use the white more except because it is slightly see through the carrier name is visible through the bottom front...which i dont like.

edit....there is a cutout on the back for the camera...cutouts for everything actually

Last edited by thetonyclifton; 07-12-2007 at 07:45 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #12
BoogerB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetonyclifton View Post
Tag I bought a 4 pack of the OEM skins from eshoplimited - I think they are forum members on here too.

I would recommend them for mild protection and they definitely make the curve a little more rugged without adding bulk. I have black, white, orange and green all of which i like but use the black most...i would use the white more except because it is slightly see through the carrier name is visible through the bottom front...which i dont like.

edit....there is a cutout on the back for the camera...cutouts for everything actually
is that rubbery, or plastic like? as in, will it 'grip' pants pockets or is it smooth enough to not hang up or grip?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #13
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogerB View Post
is that rubbery, or plastic like? as in, will it 'grip' pants pockets or is it smooth enough to not hang up or grip?
It is a rubber like material ( I have no idea what it is made of)...it does improve the grip you have on the phone when holding it...however it is very smooth to the touch..you can run your hand across it or pull it out of your pocket without it getting caught....sorry thats a bit of both but it is the truth

Edit - I want to be clear that I have the OEM cases (images 2 and 3) and not the originally posted boxwave product

Last edited by thetonyclifton; 07-13-2007 at 06:15 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #14
ceobob

I have two OEM skins in black and blue. I use the Best Skin Ever for the screen protection. The OEM skins are great. However..once Seidio comes out with an extended battery and an extended battery door (hopefully soon), then I will switch to the Seidio Extended Battery Skin and keep the BSE shield protector.

Last edited by ceobob; 07-13-2007 at 07:03 AM..
Closed Thread