Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Wstsydthug
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default Bluetooth Headset Recommendation/Question

Please Login to Remove!

This should probably be in the BT forum, but I have a 8300 compatibility question as well.

I am looking for a bluetooth headset (probably over ear unless I read some compelling arguments) and I have no idea where to really start. I'm a first time BB user and love the Curve (waited out the 8800) so I dont know much about headsets. From what I'v read, Plantronics are pretty good as well as BlueAnt and possibly even the Motorola H700.

I'm only looking to use it in the car so battery time doesn't need to be astronomical. I'd also maybe like to use it every once inawhile when I'm walking to sync it with my media player to stream my .mp3's (if even possible).
Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
mr-e

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wstsydthug View Post
This should probably be in the BT forum, but I have a 8300 compatibility question as well.

I am looking for a bluetooth headset (probably over ear unless I read some compelling arguments) and I have no idea where to really start. I'm a first time BB user and love the Curve (waited out the 8800) so I dont know much about headsets. From what I'v read, Plantronics are pretty good as well as BlueAnt and possibly even the Motorola H700.

I'm only looking to use it in the car so battery time doesn't need to be astronomical. I'd also maybe like to use it every once inawhile when I'm walking to sync it with my media player to stream my .mp3's (if even possible).
I tried pairing my friend's H700 with my 8300 and was unsuccessful in doing so.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wstsydthug View Post

I bought the Parrot Minikit for the car and it is awesome. It's the perfect handsfree kit for making and taking phone calls. It clips to the visor and the clarity is as good as the phone itself. You can find them for around $79 or so at stores or online.

Nobody's come up with a great BT headset yet. The Motorolla S9 is probably the best from what I hear, but it has some issues too (uncomfortable and mono for phone calls and video).
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I am using a Motorola H700 paired with my 8700g phone and it works well. Someone else here also recommends the Jawbone Bluetooth headset.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish

I have had 4 different headphones including the moto 850, Samsung WEP 200. Honestly nothing could beat my Etymotic wired headset. However I am really reallyintrigued at the Jawbone. The reviews online have been "out of the park". I can't help it, I am gonna to have to make the move!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
Mudfrost

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5 View Post
However I am really reallyintrigued at the Jawbone. The reviews online have been "out of the park". I can't help it, I am gonna to have to make the move!
I have an unopened Jawbone sitting here. Long story but I acquired it while price matching with my Cingular/AT&T salesman. I didn't even think I wanted one but the video demo got my attention and I got it dirt cheap.

I'd like to hear more about the Jawbone. Should I keep it or sell it off? I'm a noob, so I don't know squat.

Edited to add:
Is the Jawbone sound quality better, and if so, on which end -- both perhaps?

Last edited by Mudfrost; 07-06-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

I have a Jawbone with my 8100. I did the Jabra Ear Jel mod on it. I really like the headset. Before I modified it the volume was not loud enough. All of the voices sound "tinny" (As in Tin can) but I am used to it now and the noise reduction works well for me as I wind up in some noisey places.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Closed Thread