BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #1361
kyububba
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmik View Post
I'm still enjoying the use of this program and thank you for it! Its one of the few that has worked for MSN for me on my Blackberry with Telus BIS - and it does it very well!

One thing I was hoping for is a main screen new message notification symbol (the way BB Messenger has a popup balloon or Google Talk uses the messages list) I know Jive dos the full window popup but its a bit cumbersome. Anything in the works there?
This is one of our most requested features, for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately the APIs to add to the homescreen ribbon and to add custom message types to the inbox are not public. We will add these features as soon as RIM makes these APIs public to 3rd party applications.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #1362
jeffmik

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

Thanks for the quick reply! I kind of figured it was something to do with that, since only the official releases offer it.

Upgraded to the newest version last night, smooth and painless!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #1363
BB4Life

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba View Post
New Features Included in this build

- Manual Privacy Control for AIM/ICQ. After logging in, go to "Edit Account" to manually change the privacy mode for the account. You can only change this if you're logged into AIM, just like with the regular desktop AIM client. You can set it to block all, block those on your block-list, allow all, allow buddies only, or allow allow-list only.
- Ability to change Display Name for MSN (how others see you). After logging in, go to "Edit Account" and you'll see a new field for your own Display Name. Changes made here are global, and will be reflected on your MSN desktop client as well.
- New "Login with Last Status" preference that will remember the last status (including custom message) you logged in as, and automatically login under that status when you re log-in. Enabling this preference also means your AIM profile/away message will also not be the default Jivetalk values once you have set it to something else.
- Status update messages inside the chat window. When the person you're chatting with changes their status, or logs on/off, a message will be added to the chat screen with their new status. If you have timestamp turned on for chats, it'll also show the time of the status change.
- Auto response when you're away (AIM/ICQ) on JT. This is a server side change.

Notification email will go out shortly.
cool stuff kyububba...thanks!! you guys rock!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #1364
lancev11

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo

Anyway I can still get in on the beta? [email address]
Old 04-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #1365
MyPearl

Model: 9700

Quote:
This is one of our most requested features, for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately the APIs to add to the homescreen ribbon and to add custom message types to the inbox are not public. We will add these features as soon as RIM makes these APIs public to 3rd party applications.
I am still experiencing the same bug with pop ups wtih 0.6.2. When you have a persistent notification and the user sign on and off multiple times, the pop up windows stack over each other...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #1366
dlanemarker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

ok I don't like IM+ and will never use it HOWEVER I did find this article online today MySpaceIM Available for BlackBerry I hope that Jive is able to come out with Myspace IM soon..
Not that really anyone uses it.. but I would like to see the option added and then maybe I would chat one it.. uummm .. something to think about..
Old 04-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #1367
w4raw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just upgraded my OS to the TIM 1.66 version over the weekend. Wanted to report that Jivetalk is working just fine on this os so far.

Also upgraded the app via the about menu to 6.2 and all went well. Like the new features.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #1368
bbbforums
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Just upgraded to 0.62 last night. After the restart, said yes to http and socket requests and then used the program today no problem.

About 15 min ago started a new chat with someone on yahoo. They never replied.

Just looked at my BB again, and it was frozen on the screen saying JiveTalk has requested a socket connection to 70.87.12.80.

The unit is completely locked up and will not respond to any of the buttons. I pulled the battery again and it took a LOT longer than normal to restart but eventually did.

I started JiveTalk again and while loggin in, I got the socket screen again, but was able to select allow.

I got logged in, but received the AOL System Msg saying I was already logged in.

Edit to add:
I forced a shut down and waited 5 minutes but when I logged in again, it still said I was already logged in to AOL. I forced shutdown again, and then waited about 20 minutes. I started it again (with auto login) and then set my BB down without looking to see if it logged in, but since I didn't hear the tone which whould have indicated I received the AOL System Msg I assumed everything was OK.

I just looked at my BB again after about 10 minutes and it is now frozen again on the screen that says The application JiveTalk has requested a socket connection to 69.93.251.227.

I have an 8703e on VZW.

Last edited by bbbforums; 05-01-2007 at 01:04 AM..
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #1369
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbforums View Post
Just upgraded to 0.62 last night. After the restart, said yes to http and socket requests and then used the program today no problem.

About 15 min ago started a new chat with someone on yahoo. They never replied.

Just looked at my BB again, and it was frozen on the screen saying JiveTalk has requested a socket connection to 70.87.12.80.

The unit is completely locked up and will not respond to any of the buttons. I pulled the battery again and it took a LOT longer than normal to restart but eventually did.

I started JiveTalk again and while loggin in, I got the socket screen again, but was able to select allow.

I got logged in, but received the AOL System Msg saying I was already logged in.

I have an 8703e on VZW.
We changed our servers to redirect to IP addresses a few days ago as we were getting DNS problems on some carriers

Can you send us your app log? go to view log - send log. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:24 AM   #1370
bbbforums
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
We changed our servers to redirect to IP addresses a few days ago as we were getting DNS problems on some carriers

Can you send us your app log? go to view log - send log. Thanks!
Log sent.

I edited my previous post above.

I also pulled my battery and left it out for about 15 min.

When my BB restarted I started JiveTalk again and it logged my in fine and did not ask about sockets this time.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:04 AM   #1371
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbforums View Post
Log sent.

I edited my previous post above.

I also pulled my battery and left it out for about 15 min.

When my BB restarted I started JiveTalk again and it logged my in fine and did not ask about sockets this time.
Looks like your BB is asking for your permission everytime JT makes a socket connection to a new IP address.

We have multiple server nodes, each with a different IP address. What happens is every time you connect (new or reconnect), it can go to a different IP address.

Can you try to change the app permissions to allow all connections to JiveTalk? Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, highlight JT and select edit permission. Set connection permissions to allow all.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 AM   #1372
bbbforums
Thumbs Must Hurt

Each time after I upgrade I always choose allow all connections. Its possible that after I upgraded last night to 0.62 I checked the box for the one ip instead of all.

However, what I was psoting about and reporting was that it was locking up my BB when the socket connection screen was coming up and I didn't respond to it right away.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #1373
gschoelles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 3188B3A0
Carrier: Verizon

I have been getting bad dns errors the last couple of day's and have no fix. Just sent you my log.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #1374
catwoman66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone (Italy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqnyc View Post
Im gettin Error 503 - Open Tunnel - Max Timeout seems as if their is a server issue :(
I am getting this too, what am I supposed to do to get it to work, I am in Italy with Tim, anyone? Thanks! cat p.s I'm using bis
Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #1375
spidey69

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

I'd like to see in the next release connectivity to MS LCS and PIN messaging (like BB Messenger). Then I'd only need one IM client!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #1376
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey69 View Post
I'd like to see in the next release connectivity to MS LCS and PIN messaging (like BB Messenger). Then I'd only need one IM client!
We definitely will add LCS support. It's fairly straight forward as we already support MSN. However, most LCS servers are hosted inside a firewall, so the LCS version will be bundled with our upcoming corporate IM package.

BB Messenger is a possibility, we're looking into it.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #1377
kyububba

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman66 View Post
I am getting this too, what am I supposed to do to get it to work, I am in Italy with Tim, anyone? Thanks! cat p.s I'm using bis
Try a hard reboot? Pull battery, wait 1 minute.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #1378
kyububba

Default JiveTalk Beta User Survey

We sent out a user survey to the Beta distribution list yesterday, but in case you are a beta user and are not on our distribution list, we'd like to ask for a few minutes of your time to complete the survey located at our website

Thank you!

Last edited by kyububba; 05-05-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Old 05-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #1379
MyPearl

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba
We sent out a user survey to the Beta distribution list yesterday, but in case you are a beta user and are not on our distribution list, we'd like to ask for a few minutes of your time to complete the survey located at our website

Thank you!
Done
Old 05-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #1380
fei2010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Quote:

Thank you!
Done!
Closed Thread