Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 AM   #1
DaZing

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodacom
Default BlackBerry Enterprise Server Configuration

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I’ve deleted and recreated the BlackBerry user account, when I go to configure the server. After I’ve validated the SRP key and ID. I get the following error:

The MAPI subsystem cannot be correctly initialized and used. Please make sure the MAPI is correctly installed and ready to use.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

Check the install guide for prereqs, You probably will need to check your cdo.dll and mapi32.dll files.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
crodriguez

Carrier: Telcel MX

Also verify that all the mapi32.dll on your server match, for example that the one that you have on system is the sameone you have on the exch and on the outlook folder.. well this works for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I get this exact same error - is there any way I can replace my mapi subsystem?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
terry_graham
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cellplus, Mauritius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZing
Hi All,

I’ve deleted and recreated the BlackBerry user account, when I go to configure the server. After I’ve validated the SRP key and ID. I get the following error:

The MAPI subsystem cannot be correctly initialized and used. Please make sure the MAPI is correctly installed and ready to use.
Perhaps you are not logged as BESAdmin user. I have had this situation in the past. Have you run FixMapiSvc in its utility folder?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
tobyw

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_graham
Perhaps you are not logged as BESAdmin user. I have had this situation in the past. Have you run FixMapiSvc in its utility folder?
Hi Terry, thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. I did try FixMapiSvc and no dice. After trying all I could think of and really tearing my hair out I had to flatten the BES machine and start again afresh...
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
mysticBESAdmin

Model: 7130
Carrier: MobileOne

The error could be related to the Windows OS also. Sometimes the MAPI subsystem installed using the ESM would not get initialized. You can try moving the BES to another server.

Another workaround method is also to uninstall ESM and reinstall it again but that does not guarantee that it will resolve the mapi issue

Looking for BlackBerry Solutions visit our website at officesurvivorservices.com
Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
nakedcomputerman

Model: BES

i too am finding the same error message and cannot continue my install. Since i cannot get any support from RIM. Or better yet cannot get someone to talk with me on the phone to resolve this issue and continue with the full complete install.

i have installed SP2 for server 2003 for both machines and am going to see if this helps make this problem go away when i continue with the install after the reboot. The MS Exchange is on the domain and the BES is on the second server, purchased exclusively for this product.

If any one has an idea of what actually causes the message to occur or what the installation looks for when this error occurs. The MAPI subsystem should not be that big of a deal and i do not know if the installation looks for it on the server with the exchange or the current logged on computer. Maybe it is looking at both.

ANYone have any clues to the details?

randy
Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #9
Ekrimmer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I believe this lines up with another thread I saw you post in. You MUST install the Exchange System Manager on the box running the BES. Assure your Exchange Admin you are NOT installing Exchange Server (and of course make sure you don't <g>).

Use the account that you've setup for BESadmin. This will give you the needed MAPI subsystem and you'll be able to create the MAPI profile that the BES requires.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
nakedcomputerman

Thanks for your help.

i have a very simplified 2 server system of which the domain is the server where the exchange lies. The BES is being installed on the second server. So i do have full access to the entire system.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedcomputerman
Thanks for your help.

i have a very simplified 2 server system of which the domain is the server where the exchange lies. The BES is being installed on the second server. So i do have full access to the entire system.
Ok, but did you install ESM on the second server that will be the bb server? See instructions here: BlackBerry Search Results
BES 4.1
Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
nakedcomputerman

Well i guess unlike most people i received no package or installation media to work from as i was given a link and the download information and that was where i started and the documentation did not show up until i did the install or attempted to.

Yes i have most of the documentation printed out, but unfortunately i was given a limited and raw set of info to start with and work with to complete this installation.

Your help thou has been appreciated.

The problem with this installation guide is that it is very difficult to follow and to determine what the true needs are for the situation i have with exchange. YES i am confused by it. IT is poor documentation, but thanks for the reminder as i have it printed.

Again THANKS.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

Don't feel too bad. It can be complicated and RIM's instructions can be very convoluted if you have a fairly simple setup and few users. It took me at least five minutes to find those setup instructions. you'd think "Enterpriser Server Install" would be search criteria that would pull up the install docs first. but no.

Seriously, what I did was spend about a week surfing this section and reading how-to's and seeing what NOT to do and what works best for people. Then I messed it up a couple times and finally I had a stable, working BES. I walked into this position not even knowing what a BB was, let alone anything about Blackberry server and my exposure to exchange was minimal. You will get it.
BES 4.1
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
gziz

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

man stop complaning and call microsoft, ESM and MAPI are not RIM services or products, if that is not installing then you need to call microsoft
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
nakedcomputerman

i am starting this process over and hope that the help you all have given and the newly found documentation that you have provided will enable me to complete the entire installation without a hitch. THANKS.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #16
jrbes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Make sure you check the permissions on the Exchange servers for the service account if you updated those to SP2 as it will remove the send as, receive as, and admin the info store rights. YOu can apply the rights at the org level and they will populate down.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
nakedcomputerman

Well i discovered the issue why i could not install the exchange system manager. When i would try to install it from the administrator logon of the BBES server. i would get the message that i had to be logged onto the exchange server. when i logged on as BESadmin with all of the administrator prermissions i could not install the exchange system manager.

The correct install logon is the original administrator logon used to install the exchange server. Once i logged on as the administrator i was able to install the system manager. Thanks for your help, all of you.

randy
Old 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #18
nakedcomputerman

Well i discovered the issue why i could not install the exchange system manager. When i would try to install it from the administrator logon of the BBES server. i would get the message that i had to be logged onto the exchange server. when i logged on as BESadmin with all of the administrator permissions i could not install the exchange system manager.

The correct install logon is the original administrator logon used to install the exchange server. Once i logged on as the administrator i was able to install the system manager. Thanks for your help, all of you.

randy
Closed Thread