Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
orcberg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular, Verizon
Exclamation Messages cannot be deleted? - 7130e w/ BES

Please Login to Remove!

Strange issue I'm encountering and despite my research and attempts to resolve it, I've had no luck. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has ever seen this.

A 7130e which is hooked up to Exchange through BlackBerry Enterprise Server (latest version) has two e-mail messages on the device from back in February. Instead of showing the usual single-envelope icon to the left of the message, these two e-mails each have an icon which looks like two envelopes. If I try to delete them, nothing happens. So I opened the e-mail, it appears in the deleted items folder, but it won't purge itself from the device. Other e-mails appear to have no issues with deletion, it's just these two.

I've tried deleting from handheld as well as deleting from mailbox & handheld. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove these messages from the device?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
lauragal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

I am having the same problem. I have not been able to delete about 10 messages since last December. At first it was only two messages. After I had my company disconnect Exchange through BES (It was blocking me from downloading 3rd party software onto my BB), the last 8 messages that I had not deleted before they removed Exchange are now "stuck" and will not delete.

Another thing, since Exchange was removed, I can no longer access the internet, or email anyone, but I do receive emails from my other email addresses. It is driving me nuts trying to correct this problem.

So, I'm interested in any answers, too!

Laura
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
palbright

Model: 7130C
Carrier: Cingular

Try this: Hook up to your workstation via USB and in the desktop manager go to backup and restore, then "Advanced". That will read the database from the device. Highlight messages and then click on "Clear". That should clear out any messages on the device that are not synchronized with the exchange server.
Closed Thread