Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #521
bbgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: all
Carrier: All carrier's

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ke
Well I've managed to kick my push into action.

Deleted the PacageCache folder, reindexed and restarted the policy service and after a 6 hour wait it sprang into action thank god. Only another 1500 handsets to do in 3 days.

I'm seeing about 5% of handhelds doing odd things but then I am not surprised as we have some odd handhelds out there such as the Siemans SK65 and a few running Nokia Connect software. I'll handle these rogue ones manually - some may need upgrading handsets.

Next question is whether there is a DSTQuery tool for a BES 3.6 server as we have a further 600 users stuck on a 3.6 BES due to having to use some bespoke software coded for 3.6. I've instructed them on the joys of updating them manually but I suspect most will ignore it.

Anyone?

how do you delete the "pagecache?"
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #522
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Navigate to c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry enterprise server\ and delete the entire PackageCache folder. Restart the Blackberry Policy Service after that - it will take up to 4 hours for the PackageCache folder to be recreated.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #523
Blackberry_Abused
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32c255b5
Carrier: Verizon
Default 7290

Has anyone had issues with the 7290's. I am getting the 406 error?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #524
bbgirl

Model: all
Carrier: All carrier's
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Navigate to c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry enterprise server\ and delete the entire PackageCache folder. Restart the Blackberry Policy Service after that - it will take up to 4 hours for the PackageCache folder to be recreated.

forgive me, but what is in this folder.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #525
merd

Model: 8700c
Angry HELP!!! UPGRADE REQUIRED: Never goes away! 8 days later!!!

1.5 Deployed no problem OTA... then 2.2 comes out.. great another patch, so I setup and reindex 2.2 a week ago today, I come check my BES server, and all of my users a week later are still sitting at "UPGRADE REQUIRED".. ok fine.. so today I learn that 2.3 is out.. again, stop services, apply 2.3, delete package file, reindex, restart services.. and now 6+ hrs later, still the same thing "UPGRADE REQUIRED"... DST querytool states "Upgrade Required" for ALL users, but none of them are getting it... they never got 2.2 in 7 days, what makes me think they are going to get 2.3 before sunday?

Please help!

I work for a bunch of *****y attorneys that want ABSOLUTE guarantee that they will be DST compliant.. so now im getting it from all sides!

FOLLOW Up: We are now at 12 hours, and I still have "UPGRADE REQUIRED" listed.. None of the users have been upgraded!!! UGH! Rim said it could take up to 72 hours! I only work one day a week in this office! And people wonder why we drink! No one else has any suggestions for a fix for me?
---
Crackleackin Berry 8700c

Last edited by merd; 03-07-2007 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: STATUS UPDATE: STILL BROKEN!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #526
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgirl
forgive me, but what is in this folder.
The files for the softare configs you created get copied over there (from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\applications). Won't hurt anything to delete the PackageCache folder - I've done it on 2 of the servers I support and it gets recreated.

For more info, click HERE
Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #527
Jonathan Lefebvre

Model: 7290
Question question

May be someone else as the same issue...
On my BES I have users from Canada and USA. But, I also have couple users from GB with the Orange network.

I wonder if I need to update them as well.

Any idea?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #528
Forgot my thumb

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Lefebvre
May be someone else as the same issue...
On my BES I have users from Canada and USA. But, I also have couple users from GB with the Orange network.

I wonder if I need to update them as well.

Any idea?
Hello Johnathan,

The answer is yes...If the people in GB deal with anyone in your North American offices they should have the patches.

Last edited by Forgot my thumb; 03-07-2007 at 02:34 PM..
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #529
Enraptured

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by merd
1.5 Deployed no problem OTA... then 2.2 comes out.. great another patch, so I setup and reindex 2.2 a week ago today, I come check my BES server, and all of my users a week later are still sitting at "UPGRADE REQUIRED".. ok fine.. so today I learn that 2.3 is out.. again, stop services, apply 2.3, delete package file, reindex, restart services.. and now 6+ hrs later, still the same thing "UPGRADE REQUIRED"... DST querytool states "Upgrade Required" for ALL users, but none of them are getting it... they never got 2.2 in 7 days, what makes me think they are going to get 2.3 before sunday?

Please help!

I work for a bunch of *****y attorneys that want ABSOLUTE guarantee that they will be DST compliant.. so now im getting it from all sides!

---
Crackleackin Berry 8700c
I'm having the same issues - HELP!!!
I've been working on this for 2 weeks, and not gotten it to push to any of my 4 test devices. 1.5 didn't work, so now I'm trying 2.2 - haven't tried 2.3 yet. BBEMgr says the devices have an install required, and the query tool says that 49 devices (from this server) are in need of the update. I've recreated the app 3x, exactly from the documentation, deleted the PackageCache folder, yanked the batteries from the test devices to hard reset them about 100x, etc. Under options it says *nothing* about DST. I have another app that pushes out just fine, but the patch manager refuses. I've even updated the BES server with the latest patches, which is another issue altogether!

(Who puts out a patch that *requires* a Field Test fix for a dependancy!? BES 4.0.6 requires a post GWsp6 field fix - a beta patch that doesn't even yet have it's own installer - in order to communicate with GroupWise!!! Don't they think that's jumping the gun, just a little?)

Anyway, I'm stuck, and probably oh-so-screwed. Help? Please? Anything that can get these danged things to push would be tremendously helpful.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #530
Forgot my thumb

Model: 8700

One thing you might want to try as it sounds like the MDS push is stuck is to clear all errors in the ITAdminQueue and start fresh. Here is the SQL query:

Delete from ITAdminQueue where (GroupingNumber != 0 and GroupingNumber in (select GroupingNumber from ITAdminQueue where (Command=128 or Command=129) and Status=6)) or (GroupingNumber = 0 and (Command=128 or Command=129) and Status=6)
Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #531
David2

Model: 8800
Carrier: Swisscom
Default Speedup wireless applications installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||
There is a registry hack but I'd have to find it again, It could crash your server so I'd just go ahead and be patient.
Here is the registry change to speedup the process .... but not recommended onto productive servers (or stay cool ... setup it to 60 min, not 5 !!!)
Already better than 4hours ...

If you want to force the application to deploy out faster than 4 hours, you can do the following:

- Browse to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BlackBerry IT Admin Server

- Create a new DWORD called AppProvisioningPollInterval.
Give it a value of a number of minutes. For example, a value of 5 would be 5 minutes.

- Restart the BlackBerry Policy Service.

Try not to do this in a production environment because it can hammer your BES.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #532
g00b2

Model: 7520
Carrier: Telus

Does anyone know HOW to apply the new CDO.dll file to the BES? Do I just copy it from the Exchange Server onto the BES and overwrite the old one? That makes little to no sense (especially considering RIM suggests doing the CDO.dll thing on BES BEFORE Exchange). Please help!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #533
Carnager1

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Common issues. I support over 2300 Blackberry's for my Company.

Most 7100i's after they receive the patch they tend to break down and give us a Java error. Download newest O/S for that BB install using Applicaiton Loader, and sync up using Enterprise activation at users desk or using BES and having the user activate Enterprise activation. If installing new O/S does not work, or if you cannot get the device to install new O/S using application loader, nuke device using BES local ports or Javaloader.

7520/7290 after they receive the patch they seem to go back into time either Feb or March of 2006 and the time likes to change. Simple fix tell them to change the time. I simply created steps so I can just email to users as soon as I see a new case.

8700's after they receive the patch some of the BB tend not to receive emails. Hard reset usually works this problem and make sure signal is turned on.

I can't upload my image since it's to big :(
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #534
dmulloy

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

When I run the DST2007Query.exe it flashes a dos screen then closes right away. It never creates the file in the folder. Is the a specific way to run this?

I can't get the wireless push from the server to work right so I have been re-activating them. At least now it says the patch has been applied.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #535
DarienA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 241EBD8C
Carrier: A&T

dmully when I've used DST2007Query, I've used it in a command prompt window, not from the run line.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #536
SoUnCool

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraptured
I've been working on this for 2 weeks, and not gotten it to push to any of my 4 test devices. 1.5 didn't work, so now I'm trying 2.2 - haven't tried 2.3 yet. BBEMgr says the devices have an install required, and the query tool says that 49 devices (from this server) are in need of the update. I've recreated the app 3x, exactly from the documentation, deleted the PackageCache folder, yanked the batteries from the test devices to hard reset them about 100x, etc. Under options it says *nothing* about DST. I have another app that pushes out just fine, but the patch manager refuses. I've even updated the BES server with the latest patches, which is another issue altogether!

(Who puts out a patch that *requires* a Field Test fix for a dependancy!? BES 4.0.6 requires a post GWsp6 field fix - a beta patch that doesn't even yet have it's own installer - in order to communicate with GroupWise!!! Don't they think that's jumping the gun, just a little?)

Anyway, I'm stuck, and probably oh-so-screwed. Help? Please? Anything that can get these danged things to push would be tremendously helpful.

on your software policy for 1.5 patch manager, make disposition optional
and same for later versions
for some reason it worked for me
but i went with DST update using BB browser and USB cable and didnt get headaches
Old 03-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #537
SoUnCool

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00b2
Does anyone know HOW to apply the new CDO.dll file to the BES? Do I just copy it from the Exchange Server onto the BES and overwrite the old one? That makes little to no sense (especially considering RIM suggests doing the CDO.dll thing on BES BEFORE Exchange). Please help!
before that make sure that mapi32.dll ver is same on exchange and BES

you need to download CDO patch from MS website and install it on your BES
Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #538
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00b2
Just apply the patcher from MS. Check the ver of the dll afterwards as it might not register. In that case, you will need to make sure that the dll registered for BES is the latest pne you just installed.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #539
Sp!ke

Model: 8800
PIN: uh uh
Carrier: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraptured

Remove all software configs for all the users. Delete/remove the 1.5 patch manager config, delete your existing 2.2 and 2.3 config. Delete the packagecache, recompile the 2.3 software config by indexing again. apply 2.3the config again to the users and then restart the policy service.

Make sure you have a basic IT policy with no restrictions on third party apps, allow external connections and allow the carrier browser.

Then go get drunk, get some sleep, whatever, just dont clock watch or keep checking the server as nothing will happen for 4+ hours.... after 4 hours, check to see if the package cache folder has been recreated, this is your sign that things are just starting to process. check using the boxtone tool every few hours and watch for progress.

good luck.

[edit] I assume you have double checked your permissions on the share folder where the cod and alx files are stored?

Last edited by Sp!ke; 03-08-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old 03-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #540
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmulloy
When I run the DST2007Query.exe it flashes a dos screen then closes right away. It never creates the file in the folder. Is the a specific way to run this?

I can't get the wireless push from the server to work right so I have been re-activating them. At least now it says the patch has been applied.
You have to run it from the command line or have it run from a script/batch file. To run it manually, get a dos box open, and enter a string like this:

dst2007query -n <besname> -db BESMgmt -b all -ol c:\<foldername>
Closed Thread