BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
qwest12

Model: pearl
Carrier: t mobile
Smile i dont have a browser?

Please Login to Remove!

hey this is my first blackberry and in the menu i dont have a browser my only option is an enterprise activation. im a noob so if someone could please help id be much appreciative.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
GrayPenguin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

Settings->Options->Advanced->Host Routing Table->press the menu button and select Register Now

Hope this Helps
Old 02-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan on your account? You'll need that first. If so, then the above recommendation should work. If you have the BB data plan and the above doesn't work, call your carrier to make sure you are provisioned correctly.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
Alucard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

and if u dont have the Blackberry Data plan..like me...i have the 20$ unlimted plan...u have to download and install Opera Mini or sum sort of browser compatiable with the phone..i have Opera mini and its awesome
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Default :-s

Yes, the Opera Mini browser is nice, but, if Grey Penguin doesn't need it and the BB browser is enough to suit, then don't tell people they need it. The BlackBerry Internet browser comes with any model as a default. Please, take care in posting and search the forums before posting. Trust me. I learned the hard way.

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusboy286
Yes, the Opera Mini browser is nice, but, if Grey Penguin doesn't need it and the BB browser is enough to suit, then don't tell people they need it. The BlackBerry Internet browser comes with any model as a default. Please, take care in posting and search the forums before posting. Trust me. I learned the hard way.

Alucard is correct. If you don't have a BB data plan but do have a standard cell phone data plan some have had success getting Opera Mini to work. You'll need the APN settings to put in TCP in options and you may get some internet access. This is why the OP might need/want Opera Mini.

However, $20 unlimited can buy you a BB data plan with TMo and $30 on Cingular.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Alucard is correct. If you don't have a BB data plan but do have a standard cell phone data plan some have had success getting Opera Mini to work. You'll need the APN settings to put in TCP in options and you may get some internet access. This is why the OP might need/want Opera Mini.

However, $20 unlimited can buy you a BB data plan with TMo and $30 on Cingular.
well actually for me the bb data plan is $40..and i pay $20 right now for unlimited internet, and 200 texts.

TO Virusboy: wat are u talking about? i didnt say he NEEDED to install opera mini...i hgave the suggestion just incase he didnt have the BB data plan like me....i spent almost a week figuring out why my BB browser didnt until someone told me that i need the bb data plan for it to work...i said he should install opera cuz thats wat i have it is a great APP
Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

You could try resending your service books too.
Do it from your BIS site (if you're on BIS).

Resending service books will push the brower to your device.
850, 950, 957, 7100, 7130, 8100, 8800, 8310, 9000
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
qwest12

Model: pearl
Carrier: t mobile

thanks everybody it turns out that tmobile didnt register my plan they apologized and it was working within minutes. appreciate all the feedback.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
BabaBerry

Model: 7100T

I like Opera Mini too
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #11
Krissy101

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
well actually for me the bb data plan is $40..and i pay $20 right now for unlimited internet, and 200 texts.

TO Virusboy: wat are u talking about? i didnt say he NEEDED to install opera mini...i hgave the suggestion just incase he didnt have the BB data plan like me....i spent almost a week figuring out why my BB browser didnt until someone told me that i need the bb data plan for it to work...i said he should install opera cuz thats wat i have it is a great APP
Can you explain this... if you dont have a blackberry data plan and are consuming data through opera... are you not getting charged for stupid amounts of data? Which company is this?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default TMo and Cell data

What John Clark is refering to is nom BB add-on data plans, in this case TMo t-zones/TMo WEB for cell phones and not handhelds, he said that through this you still can download the browser but your still very limited in sit seeing. And the plan is called unlimited TMo web and is 5.99 USD a month. Now there is internet total, but I can't explain what I don't know. So, that right there is what Opera is being charged for use. Help any?

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 03-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
Krissy101

Carrier: Rogers

Intresting, I'm with Rogers in Canada which have a web browser for cell phones, but was told that the plan becomes basically useless on a blackberry as it uses its own data.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Some do work

As John said before, some carriers have that ability as some Bb pwners have had success, some work some don't. All I can say is, some will tell you the truth of the matter, others will use it as a marketing ploy. You just have to find out if it really is true that you can use the Bb without the Bb add on or not.

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 03-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #15
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy101
Can you explain this... if you dont have a blackberry data plan and are consuming data through opera... are you not getting charged for stupid amounts of data? Which company is this?

ok im on Cingular's Unlimited plan...which is 20$. It has unlimited Internet, and 200 texts...plus the minutes which arent important in this case and i share them with my family...the BB Data plan is 40$ where i live (miami, fl) and it has unlimited internet and text and other things like email and blah blah....i decided on not getting that because i really only wanted the internet and texts because i dont get emails everyday...Since i dont have the BB data plan i NEED to use opera mini or sum sort of browser because the BB browser that come pre-installled ONLY works if u have the data plan
Old 03-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Just to clear this up. And, Virusboy, *please* don't confuse everyone by posting after this.

You need a Blackberry Data Plan to get Data/Internet/Email on a Blackberry.

That being said, some users have reported that with standard cell phone internet plans (call them what you want-just NON BB data plans) you can use Opera to access the internet through them. You'll need to install Opera via Desktop Manager because you won't be able to download any apps OTA. You'll need to put in the APN settings for your carrier under TCP in Options. You won't get internet through the BBBrowser (you won't have one anyway) and you won't get any push email and you won't be able to download and install any apps via Opera.

This is not a guarantee, just posting that some users have had success with this.

To get full features out of the Blackberry, you still need a Blackberry Data Plan.
Closed Thread