BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
jmhijazi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: N82
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default When Will Video recording come to the Pearl!

Please Login to Remove!

listen i love the pearl and get into all kinds of arguments about how its one of the best PDA's out there but no video recording common, i mean listen its not like i cant live with out it, but it would still be cool! anyways i heard that blackberry should be coming out with a new software, with a video recording fix, just wondering if anybody has any inside scoop! or is it rumors!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Earache
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 2053FFEF
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Rumors as far as I know
Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
mrsmokey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

I'm losing hope.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
admartinezjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
Carrier: AT&T

I wouldn't say I can't live without this capability but it would be nice to have. Hopefully they will come up with it sometime soon.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #5
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhijazi
listen i love the pearl and get into all kinds of arguments about how its one of the best PDA's out there but no video recording common, i mean listen its not like i cant live with out it, but it would still be cool! anyways i heard that blackberry should be coming out with a new software, with a video recording fix, just wondering if anybody has any inside scoop! or is it rumors!
I kinda need it so I don't miss the next hangin.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:19 AM   #6
Willie115
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: mEowmIx

Didn't think it was possible to just get video from a software update, considering this is the first BB with even a camera they done pretty well. I guess we'll have to be patient and see what happens and hope for the best.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #7
Pearl
No longer Registered.

sony clie did it..... there was a third party who did it... and that hardware was alot more lame and about 4-6 years old by now...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #8
admartinezjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
I kinda need it so I don't miss the next hangin. http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/anilaughing.gif
SanFran, you're too funny
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
secrecyguy

Carrier: T-mobile

It will be in the upcoming 8800.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #10
tamparican
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: PEARL
Carrier: T Mobile

i think overall the multi-media needs an overhaul or update..pics take forever to load once you try to open them up..it would be nice to be able to equalize the settings on the MP3player, and i woudl love a full screen format on the video player, as well as video recordign capabilities ...asking for too much, not really considerign alot of other phones already have these built in features. BUT this is the 1st pearl that had alot of these initial features anyways so do not think I am hating, it actually is a first great step in the right direction to me, I would just hate to see RIM lose out on alot of sales for people skipping on the pearl for these small minor thing you know.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #11
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Cingular

I think RIM is not going to introduce this for the Pear till the 8800 is out. They will want to net as many customers as they can with the 8800 capabilities before messing around with the Pearl.

8100c
Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #12
jmhijazi
Thumbs Must Hurt

i guess so! yeah they definitely need to add it to the 8800! so we all agree that video recording is NOT coming to the Pearl!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
Dinkoh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

I agree. I'm surprised the PEARL doesn't have video recording. The first version had a software fix for it. I'm sure PEARL can as well.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #14
SanFrancisco

I think that video recording will come soon enough. Since even the lowest memory phones have had it [four years ago] it certainly is not a matter of it can't be done.

Who knows why it was left off the initial Pearl release. I can't imagine that the program would take that much memory from the 64MB on the Pearl.

Seems to me that either RIM or some third party will come out with a video recorder program soon enough, if there appears enough of a call for it.

Bonus Tip: Researchers at iSuppli Corp. have estimated how much the iPhone will cost Apple to produce.

Assuming that the iPhone will have the latest and greatest camera that can be installed on a "cell phone" [or whatever the iPhone is] and that it is BETTER than the camera on the Pearl, get this:

2 megapixel camera: $11 [that's not a typo, it's only eleven dollars].

What is the Pearl's cost for the camera, $5?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #15
krsdj1

Carrier: tmobile

i spoke to blackberry today about the camera in the pearl would be nice to have video recording and he suggested everyone to leave feedback at [email address]
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #16
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsdj1
i spoke to blackberry today about the camera in the pearl would be nice to have video recording and he suggested everyone to leave feedback at [email address]
Can you leave some details on this because this is most interesting news that you spoke to RIM.

What level was the person you talked to? Someone in the know or just a CSR?

Did they act surprised that you mentioned a desire for the Pearl to have video recording capability [that would be depressing since I'd like to think RIM knew about this topic flying around the Net]?

Did he or she say anything about such might be possible, save only that they did not know there was a demand for such?

Great e-mail address, I only hope someone actually reads our e-mails. I plan on sending one.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #17
krsdj1

Carrier: tmobile
Default Video on the pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Can you leave some details on this because this is most interesting news that you spoke to RIM.

What level was the person you talked to? Someone in the know or just a CSR?

Did they act surprised that you mentioned a desire for the Pearl to have video recording capability [that would be depressing since I'd like to think RIM knew about this topic flying around the Net]?

Did he or she say anything about such might be possible, save only that they did not know there was a demand for such?

Great e-mail address, I only hope someone actually reads our e-mails. I plan on sending one.
Hi blackberry pearl users,Im sorry i was not so specific with blackberry today.I will be honest with you im not sure what level tech i was speaking with today but next time ill sure ask.I believe the rep may have been a csr.The rep did not even know about the opera mini browser.I had to walk the rep through to the site on how to download the opera and install it into his phone(he was impressed on the way opera worked.I love opera seems like a cool browser only after an hour of using.So let me get back to our video conversation,Basically the rep gave me an address for everyone to email so possibly blackberry(rim) will look into it. I hope even a third party software will come out.If i hear anything so will the foum. chris p.s lets all email rim to please make our dreams come true
Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #18
jmhijazi
Thumbs Must Hurt

i agree lets email till our fingers bleeed!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:40 AM   #19
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsdj1
Hi blackberry pearl users,Im sorry i was not so specific with blackberry today.I will be honest with you im not sure what level tech i was speaking with today but next time ill sure ask.I believe the rep may have been a csr.The rep did not even know about the opera mini browser.I had to walk the rep through to the site on how to download the opera and install it into his phone(he was impressed on the way opera worked.I love opera seems like a cool browser only after an hour of using.So let me get back to our video conversation,Basically the rep gave me an address for everyone to email so possibly blackberry(rim) will look into it. I hope even a third party software will come out.If i hear anything so will the foum. chris p.s lets all email rim to please make our dreams come true
Thanks for that detailed update. Most informative.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 AM   #20
shimey

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmo

Email sent- (hope I didn't forget anything)

Hi there-

Found this email address on blackberryforums.com. Hope it's the correct place to send suggestions for future firmware updates!

So far I LOVE my Pearl. Best phone I've owned. It seems like each and every time I'm discouraged or annoyed by something the phone does (or won't do,) I just have to look through the manual or in the forums online and the problem is solved. Except a few things - hence my suggestions.

1. Auto-dim backlight - PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the option to turn this feature off.
2. Mandatory key sounds when manually dialing a number. Even in silent profile when all sounds are muted, the keys still sound. Please give us the option to make the phone completely silent.
3. Camera sound. Give us the option to turn this sound off.
4. Lag between pressing a button and hearing key tone (DTMF?) when dialing a number. Should be instantaneous, every other phone I've owned was or you could turn the tone off (see #2)
5. VIDEO record. Pretty Please?

These are peeves I've come up with after several weeks of "getting to know" the phone. As I said before, I love it. You've probably gained a RIM convert for life. I am, however not alone with my list of frustrations. Those that I've listed seem common to a great number of the owners frequenting blackberryforums.com and blackberryforums.pinstack.com.

Again. Bravo on a wonderful, useful, attractive, durable, NEAR perfect device.

Here's hoping for Utopia!

Sincerely-
Chris Kendrick
Closed Thread