BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:58 AM   #61
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

2nd year senior here. It's sad Doing the undergraduate thing.

I use my blackberry for both academics, business and my personal life.

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #62
tacsniper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

hey i am a student in business ;)... just wondering what programs do you students use out there? Can you provide a link for download please? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #63
dandrzejewski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I am no longer a student, but I'm not an executive either. Somewhere in the middle I'd say. The BB helps me keep track of all my meetings and contacts really well (I don't use my company's BES as this is a personal phone, but I still sync via USB cable). It also helps me keep track of my personal life (for example, I'm supposed to be meeting someone for a drink in half an hour and I'm sitting here surfing forums).

When I was in college I carried a phone and a Palm Pilot... would have been nice if I could have afforded a BB back then
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #64
Jennesy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

1st year college student here.Pearl has been more than a blessing for keeping me in sync with all of my classes.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #65
GirlGoneWild

PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile

I am student at UAA (Univercity of Alaska Anchorage)
Old 01-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #66
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Wow I def didnt think that there would be this many non-ceo's using the Pearl. My parents always tell me that I am the only non-businessman using a BB. Guess they are wrong.

8100c
Old 01-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #67
driftoholic

Model: pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrzejewski
I am no longer a student, but I'm not an executive either. Somewhere in the middle I'd say. The BB helps me keep track of all my meetings and contacts really well (I don't use my company's BES as this is a personal phone, but I still sync via USB cable)
+1
...I'd use my work email but that would require me to have a smartcard reader just so I can login (OPSEC/INFOSEC reasons)
Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #68
Auric

Howdy! I just got my BB pearl (first one) and really liking it. I just bought a clear case on eBay for it so I can take it jogging and working out (got a 1 GB card in it). I've not used it for emailing or surfing yet either but its definitely better than my SLVR. Though I do miss my games... LOL
Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #69
Auric

Oh yeah, aside from the other threads that state to convert java files, is there an actual program that will turn the java files into BB Pearl compatible files? As I don't have OTA/ Web surfing yet... =(
Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to the forums!!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #71
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
UPDATE:

I attended a meeting at a tech company, where everyone had their BlackBerries on the conference room table. Present was the CEO, the Human Resources Director, In-House Counsel and some other management types of a nationally traded company.

I was the "guest speaker" of sorts and was at the head of the table. In other words it was my meeting.

Just before the meeting started we were all chatting. I whipped out my Pearl, bragged about all its features, etc. Had the attention of everyone there. Not a friggin soul was impressed or interested. Got more of a "that's nice" response.

This is the second time a group of professional/CEO types have "ho-hummed" me when talking about my Pearl.

Guess RIM is right, the Pearl is not for the professional crowd.

Side Note: I did show it to my doctor and he sheetcanned his 7100t and bought the Pearl. So at least someone was impressed.

Side Note: Guess I'll just keep my comments on the Pearl to myself. To hell with these people.
You should have whipped out your 8800.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #72
dandrzejewski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

The Pearl is great, and I am absolutely in love with it. But I think some people are not big fans of SureType. It works really well for me, but if I were sending e-mails all day long, I'd probably want to go back to a QWERTY keyboard too.

Had a VP in my company that used a Pearl for about a week, and he went back to a full QWERTY one.

I really think it depends on personal preference.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #73
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

I'm a junior majoring in social work and the Pearl is alot of help because I have two children and it's making me more organized and things easier to get done.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 AM   #74
zacutti

Carrier: Telstra

17 year old high school student here
Old 01-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #75
Sirmio

Carrier: TMobile

I'm a senior at Texas Tech University and I've always used some sort smart phone. Aside from keeping up with club meetings, guest lectures, study groups, and just my assignments, it's fantastic for sending quick emails to my professors.

I've only had my Pearl for a couple of weeks, my first BB btw, and it has already blown every phone I've had before out of the water. Even better is the coverage that I get on campus, I would frequently find myself in dead zones or getting my calls dropped and I've yet to have this problem with my Pearl.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #76
Bear Killer

Model: 8900
Carrier: US T-Mobile

Quote:
UPDATE:

I attended a meeting at a tech company, where everyone had their BlackBerries on the conference room table. Present was the CEO, the Human Resources Director, In-House Counsel and some other management types of a nationally traded company.

I was the "guest speaker" of sorts and was at the head of the table. In other words it was my meeting.

Just before the meeting started we were all chatting. I whipped out my Pearl, bragged about all its features, etc. Had the attention of everyone there. Not a friggin soul was impressed or interested. Got more of a "that's nice" response.

This is the second time a group of professional/CEO types have "ho-hummed" me when talking about my Pearl.

Side Note: I did show it to my doctor and he sheetcanned his 7100t and bought the Pearl. So at least someone was impressed.

Side Note: Guess I'll just keep my comments on the Pearl to myself. To hell with these people.

I've tried to spread the word about the pearl and everyone is either content talking into a pair of cans with a string inbetween or just a plain hater.

Allegory of the cave. Simple as that.

Almost forgot I'm a failing community college art student by day and a truck driver by night. Even I have a pearl. Without my pearl I would probably just look up in the shower and drown.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #77
blakeatl

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
UPDATE:

Lol. That's funny. I work for doctors and 98% of them ooooh and ahhhhh at the Pearl.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #78
corinnecollett

Model: 8700v

I'd like to know more about this Acendo program and the price? Where I can get it?

I'm a 2nd year university student and I love my BB for organising my work, my lectures, using the internet whenever I can.. my friends were like 'are you a buissiness woman now then?'. ha.

I love it, that's all that matters. The phone I had before was worth twice as much with all the fun new features, but I wanted to get an internet package as using the internet on my old phone was costing £2.40 per MB. Now I pay £15 extra a month for everything all in one. Loving it.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #79
bigddallas

Carrier: t-mobile

I'm an assistant in the music industry and i use the pearl, i have an aluminum case with neoprene lining and a screen protector. You can check it out at wirelessground . com It's under $30

2004-2006 Sidekick II
2006 Sidekick III
2006-2007- Blackberry 8100
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #80
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

Quote:
Maybe they're fed up of you reporting every word written or typed and just don't pay attention anymore!!!

****waits for the backlash****

Closed Thread