BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #221
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: TELUS

Please Login to Remove!

4.1.0 or higher is required which you should get from your wireless carrier website. If you have 4.0 or lower you will get a homescreen not found or a notifications manager error.

The program does do repeating audible alerts for the supported alerts.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #222
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan
I have noticed that on some devices an incoming call is for some reason similar to touching the keyboard or trackwheel. So what you are seeing is the email/sms alerts being cleared by the incoming call and then when you miss the call then it starts on the missed call alert.
logan - I like your program, and as you know, just purchased from you. The biggest change I'd like to see though, is the option for it to IGNORE the keyboard/trackwheel though - even if it means I have to "confirm" via BBAlerts screen to make the LED stop. I know you said earlier in the thread that responding to any touch of the keyboard or trackwheel was a "feature" but based on this thread its a feature that at least a few of us view as a negative. And now if it wasn't responding to trackwheel and/or keyboard, maybe the missed call could be made to participate in the "cycle" of colors too?

Couldn't the trackwheel and the keyboard responses be made program options? Either use them or ignore them?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #223
elomon

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default Ouch.

Quote:
4.1.0 or higher is required which you should get from your wireless carrier website. If you have 4.0 or lower you will get a homescreen not found or a notifications manager error.
Bummer. My company owns the BlackBerry and will not be upgrading to 4.1 until mid-2007. Thanks for replying.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #224
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
logan - I like your program, and as you know, just purchased from you. The biggest change I'd like to see though, is the option for it to IGNORE the keyboard/trackwheel though - even if it means I have to "confirm" via BBAlerts screen to make the LED stop. I know you said earlier in the thread that responding to any touch of the keyboard or trackwheel was a "feature" but based on this thread its a feature that at least a few of us view as a negative. And now if it wasn't responding to trackwheel and/or keyboard, maybe the missed call could be made to participate in the "cycle" of colors too?

Couldn't the trackwheel and the keyboard responses be made program options? Either use them or ignore them?
I leave my pearl in standby, and I have to take it out of standby before the light goes out, no amount of trackball or key presses turn it off. (which is just how I like it )

Purchased it today, great program logan..
Old 12-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #225
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile

Okay:

Now I am officially pissed off with this program. Everything was going fine up until a week ago when I upgraded to the 1.3 version. The 1.2 version gave me absolutely no problems. It was fantastic. The new version has been a nightmare for me.

I am simply getting a vibration for all alerts, missed calls, voicemails etc. I reported this on the forum and Logan simply said maybe I have tones turned off on my phone. Well that certainly is not the case, as I get sounds and rings when I get calls and messages. However, when BB Alerts comes into play to announce missed calls or messages, all I get is a vibration.

I have worked with the scheduler in the program, I have deleted the program, reinstalled, and did hard resets about ten times. Sometimes through accident, I would get a couple of tone alerts and then it would go back to just vibrating. I had none of these problems with the 1.2 version. Is this happening to me because of the scheduling/interal option in the 1.3 version or what.

All I know is now I have a program that after a couple of weeks is not providing me any service whatsoever. I am hoping the company stands behind its product. And I say this knowing that others are not experiencing these difficulties. The fact is I am, and I would hope the matter is addressed.

Charlester
Old 12-21-2006, 01:15 AM   #226
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srwilliams
Now I am officially pissed off with this program. Everything was going fine up until a week ago when I upgraded to the 1.3 version. The 1.2 version gave me absolutely no problems. It was fantastic. The new version has been a nightmare for me.
The developer posted a link to download 1.2 OTA earlier in this thread, or you can still download 1.2 from Handango also, if you like that version much better.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #227
DiRN
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srwilliams
I am simply getting a vibration for all alerts, missed calls, voicemails etc. I reported this on the forum and Logan simply said maybe I have tones turned off on my phone. Well that certainly is not the case, as I get sounds and rings when I get calls and messages. However, when BB Alerts comes into play to announce missed calls or messages, all I get is a vibration.
Check the Audio Type setting in the BlackBerry Alerts Options.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #228
ski837547
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty
I leave my pearl in standby, and I have to take it out of standby before the light goes out, no amount of trackball or key presses turn it off. (which is just how I like it )
The program does not totally ignore all keypresses while in standby mode. If the red "End" key is accidentally pressed in your pocket while in standby mode, the alerts will turn off.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #229
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Logan,

I was trying to download v1.3 OTA, but your server does not seem to be responding. Can you take a look please!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #230
DiRN
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

I believe Logan serves the OTA download from his PC, so when it's turned off the download is unavailable. Most likely he was away for the holiday and so the PC would have been turned off.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #231
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Found another bug:

When you get an Instant Message through OZ messenger client, since it comes through SMS, the BBAlerts program grabs it, displays the SMS alert, and the message never displays in OZ. The only way to see it is to read the log message in BBalerts
Old 12-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #232
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's not a bug, it's a feature

I'm not familiar with that program, it is like instant messaging but sends everything through text message?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #233
nexteli836man
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

logon
i have the 8100 ota 1.3 no option for test colors
also when its set to mark/read open it does
do that but don't clear the mail or message icon in order to get it to go away i have to due a battery pull

Last edited by nexteli836man; 12-27-2006 at 11:36 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #234
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

There is an LED Test under the options menu and one under the Assign colors menu in 1.3.

With 8100 I didn't think the mark unread did anything as it seems to store phone logs differently. For non 8100 you just open the phone app and it clears the missed call icon.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #235
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

I'm not familiar with that program, it is like instant messaging but sends everything through text message?
yes, it comes packaged with the 8100. You can sign in to AIM, Yahoo, MSN or ICQ. It uses SMS.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #236
pinkboots9

Cool

Great product! I actually opened a case against RIM on this (no led alert on missed calls) and they told me that it is not supported. I'm a new BB user and with my previous phone, it alerted via LED when I missed a call. I am glad there is a 3rd party software available. I purchased this product from handango and I am just waiting for my activation code..since the once that I got says "error".

Last edited by pinkboots9; 12-28-2006 at 09:37 PM..
Old 12-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #237
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:

Darn, sounds like the price is going up
Old 01-03-2007, 04:49 AM   #238
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

Okay, I have a question/suggestion regarding BBAlerts. I'm fairly sure that what I propose isn't currently possible though, so in which case please take it as a new feature suggestion for the program.

I LOVE BBAlerts, it is so nice to be able to just glance at my phone without touching it to see what sorts of activity I've missed. However, I sleep with my phone on silent (Quiet profile, no email alerts, no phone calls, nothing), but I would love to be able to just glance at my phone upon waking up in the middle of the night (I do this often) to see if I've missed any phone calls, SMS messages, etc. However, currently there is a problem with this in that I have BBAlerts set to "vibrate on alert" (with alerts every 3 minutes) -- which is absolutely essential for me during the day, as I most often have my phone on vibrate, and thus I often don't feel the phone vibrating the first time.

However, at night, my phone sleeps on my nightstand, right next to my head, and if it is vibrating every 3 minutes it will wake me up -- NOT what I'm looking for. I just want to be able to tell what I have missed on my phone without touching it, but only when I wake up. So, I am hoping that somehow BBAlerts could include an option where the "vibrate on alert" option can be set individually for different profiles (or, just so that it doesn't vibrate in the Quiet profile would be fine!).

I realize that I could manually disable the "vibrate on alert" option every night, and re-enable it every morning, but I would prefer something that doesn't require me to remember to do that twice each day. Any chance of this?

Sorry for the idiosyncratic nature of this request, and I hope my post is somewhat coherent -- it is late and I am tired, and so this might all come out sounding somewhat garbled.

And, also, two other unrelated questions:
1) Is there a way to disable the BB OS from signaling with a red LED flash that a new message has arrived? This is a minor issue, and I realize I am being nitpicky, but it would be nice if when a message first comes in that the BBAlerts LED control is ALL that I see, as opposed to a quick mix of the two at first. I have not been able to find an option anywhere within the phone to keep it from using the red LED to indicate the arrival of a new message.
2) Is there any chance of getting a few more options (or a "custom" field that the user can control) for how many minutes in between alerts (the "alert repeat frequency")? Currently the options are 1, 3, and 9 minutes, and my ideal time would be something more like 5 minutes.

If you made it to the end of this post, congrats. Like I said, I realize that this probably came out somewhat sloppy. Anywho, thanks much to anyone who can help!

Last edited by bevy; 01-03-2007 at 04:53 AM..
Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #239
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm not 100% sure if it would work but if you turn the vibrate alert option off in BB Alerts and then in your normal profile change it from tone to tone and vibrate. Also there you can turn off the OS's default repeat notification (flashing red led).
Other than that you could assign a schedule in BlackBerry Alerts if you are version 1.2 or 1.3 and leave the LED alert always checked on. The schedule will work assuming you are in bed around the same time each night.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #240
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure if it would work but if you turn the vibrate alert option off in BB Alerts and then in your normal profile change it from tone to tone and vibrate.
This works!! Awesome, thank you thank you thank you!
Closed Thread