BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO
Default A few random 8100 questions (dtmf tones; seido earphone adapters)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

A few random questions regarding the 8100.

1) Is there an easy way to turn off the DTMF tones on the home screen? It is somewhat annoying that even while in vibrate mode that the DTMF tones still come through when typing in a number.

2) I'm considering getting the standard audio adapter from Seido for the 8100 (seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=529]STANDARD AUDIO ADAPTOR FOR 8100 - ADA-BB8100M35FST) However, I'm curious as to how the handset would behave if I were listening to music/watching a video and an incoming call came in. So, let's suppose that I'm watching a movie on my 8100, with the headphones plugged in, and someone calls me. Will I be able to: 1) see that someone is calling and 2) successfully unplug the headphones and answer the phone call in a timely fashion (before being sent to voicemail), and still be able to have full two-way audio for that phone call? This is my primary concern -- I won't be purchasing the headphone adapter if using them would preclude me from being able to answer phone calls; however, if I still would retain the ability to use my 8100 as a phone while watching movies/listening to music, I'll definitely be purchasing the adapter.

Thanks much!
Old 12-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I use the Seidio adapter with the mic and answer/end/pause/resume button. Works just as you would expect. Incoming calls mute music, answer call with button on adapter, end call with same button, resume music with button.

I don't know how the 8100 behaves if a call comes in while listeming to music with the standard adapter.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Bump! Still looking for any help with either of these questions..

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #4
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

If your talking about the keypad tones the only way i know to turn it off is hit the BB button from the homescreen, options, screen/keyboard, and turn off the key tone.

I have the same Seidio adapter as Roadrider. I know that when im listening to my mp3's a call will come in and pause the music on its own. I then have the option of hitting the silver button on the side to answer the phone. I have not tested it with video and i dont like to assume things either. Good luck!