CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earache
looking to buy Best Skins ever.
hard to install/apply?
Not at all. But, take your time, be gentle with the material, and follow their directions completely.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #22
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Ask if you like
Carrier: AT&T

Put my BSE on last night, looks fabulous. I had done it previously with my iPod (also looks great) so new about RoadRiders suggestions...due take your time, especially when you are doing the parts with the edges that curve over. They won't stick at first on those edges...don't fret. Let the edge part sit unstuck for 20 to 30 mins then hold down with your fingers and palm. It'll work trust me. Also another suggestion, if you have rubber gloves (surgical style) and tweezers...works even better. The shield with its 'glue' on the back can and will take fingerprints if you are not careful. Used gloves this time vs with my iPod and was WAY better.

Good luck and send me a PM if you have questions.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask if you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting
Do they make this for cars? Lol would be wonderful to prevent idiots from scratching your car doors
Funny you mention that. A friend of mine had it applied to the front of their Acura MDX so it won't get rock dings etc from the snow country area. Not sure where they got it, but it is custom made and looks great. I'm sure costs $'s too though.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #24
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

I covered installing the BSE, in detail, in another thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...?highlight=bse
Old 12-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #25
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earache
looking to buy Best Skins ever.
hard to install/apply?
See this thread. Some Members say they can install it in 10 minutes, but I think if one is careful, it takes about 30 minutes. Take as much time as you need to do it right.

The biggest dangers are:

Dust or hair under the skins.

Air bubbles

Crooked edges

Edges that don't stick.

All of those are addressed in my install instructions.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...?highlight=bse
Old 12-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #26
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

One question I didn't see addressed in these threads (or the BSE website!): After the BSE is dried, can it be removed and reapplied? I know it can be removed and leave no residue, but can it be rewetted and reapplied? Assuming it wasn't stretched during removal, of course!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #27
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I love these forums!! In the past 24 hours I've ordered:

- a Fortte case (8100)
- Seidio cradle with power supply (8100)
- Best Skins Ever full body case (8100)

and downloaded:
- BB Corrector
- BB Googler

Wouldn't even know these products existed without this forum. Can't wait for these items to arrive. Best Skins Ever looks perfect. Also got one for my wife's razor.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #28
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

"...for my wife's razor"?

I did you one better--got my gf a Pearl of her own! SHe has her own business and loves the e-mail push and full Outlook contacts access, so I'm totally out of the doghouse!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #29
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze
One question I didn't see addressed in these threads (or the BSE website!): After the BSE is dried, can it be removed and reapplied? I know it can be removed and leave no residue, but can it be rewetted and reapplied? Assuming it wasn't stretched during removal, of course!
It's posted in various threads, including my warranty return thread.

If you goof up the install, within about 30 minutes you can pull off the skin, wet again, then reapply. But after that, I think the adhesive properties gets funky. Plus it just does not look right.

Removing after two months, it came right off and left no residue. Phone looked like new that I returned to T-Mo.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #30
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks again. I did see the ability to reposition within 30 minutes, but still wasn't clear if it could be removed/reapplied after drying. I have a tiny hair (cat!) near the trackball (didn't see it when applying the BSE), invisible when the screen is on, but was wondering if it could be removed. No biggie.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #31
k-man61
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default T-Mobile Pouch

I'm a newbie to this forum and find it very informative. I'm interested in getting a skin, but want to use it along with my T-Mobile holster I purchased when I got my 8100. Will the skins by Seidio pretty much work with any holster or pouch, as T-Mo calls it.

I like the T-Mo pouch because it attaches to your belt and stays close to your body. I've read some posts where some holsters have the clip that attaches to your belt and then you attach the holster to the clip. These tend to stick away from your body risking banging the bb into things.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #32
nexteli836man
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Default shieldzone.com/hohoho* 40 % off

i just got mine today and had this in the package*

www.shieldzone.com/hohoho

it will give you 40 % off good till 12/31/06*
Old 12-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #33
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-man61
I'm a newbie to this forum and find it very informative. I'm interested in getting a skin, but want to use it along with my T-Mobile holster I purchased when I got my 8100. Will the skins by Seidio pretty much work with any holster or pouch, as T-Mo calls it.

I like the T-Mo pouch because it attaches to your belt and stays close to your body. I've read some posts where some holsters have the clip that attaches to your belt and then you attach the holster to the clip. These tend to stick away from your body risking banging the bb into things.
You are mixing up those rubber skins/cases with the Best Skins Ever and ShieldZone skins, which are thin pieces of clear film that are attached to the Pearl's surfaces.

Any thin film skin that attaches to the Pearl will not affect use of any holster, case or rubber skin [that is the rubber skins that act like old style wetsuits].

As far as those rubber "wetsuit" skins that come in different colors, those will affect which case or holster you can use in addition to it.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 12-20-2006 at 10:48 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #34
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze
Thanks again. I did see the ability to reposition within 30 minutes, but still wasn't clear if it could be removed/reapplied after drying. I have a tiny hair (cat!) near the trackball (didn't see it when applying the BSE), invisible when the screen is on, but was wondering if it could be removed. No biggie.
In my other post, where I mentioned I did a quick job in cutting some BSE material to fit on the screen and applying it to the display, all was well until I saw later there was a friggin cat hair smack dab in the middle of the screen.

Had to tear off the skin and start over with the steamy bathroom and all.

Damn fur bearing creatures.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #35
k-man61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
You are mixing up those rubber skins/cases with the Best Skins Ever and ShieldZone skins, which are thin pieces of clear film that is attached to the Pearl's surfaces.

Any thin film skin that attaches to the Pearl will not affect use of any holster, case or rubber skin [that is the rubber skins that act like old style wetsuits].

As far as those rubber "wetsuit" skins that come in different colors, those will affect which case or holster you can use in addition to it.
Thank you very much. Live and learn... I understand the difference now. I went to both websites and it appears Best Skins Ever has the better price. Also Best Skins Ever clearly shows the coverage of the skin on the 8100.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #36
leemartinbennett

Just installed a "shieldzone" to mt new Pearl, seemed to go ok and looks good at present, i have left it now on top shelf "setting".

Is it really necessary to leave it alone (ie no phone) for 24hrs-48hrs?
Thanks
Old 01-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemartinbennett
Just installed a "shieldzone" to mt new Pearl, seemed to go ok and looks good at present, i have left it now on top shelf "setting".

Is it really necessary to leave it alone (ie no phone) for 24hrs-48hrs?
Thanks
No, see my posts about this. Safe to handle within 1/2 hour and safe to use within about two to three hours.
Closed Thread