Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
jkb164

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Enterprise Messenger

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

Our company is very new to Blackberry Enterprise server and Blackberry devices. We now have a BES 4.1.0 server, wireless email and I use a Blackberry 8703e. I noted on documentation the reference to Enterprise Messenger via the Blackberry. We are a Domino shop and have full Sametime License, however I do not see the Enterprise Messenger icon on my Blackberry, I see these references in the documentation. Does Enterprise Messenger come with BES 4.1.0 and should I see a Messenger Icon on my pda? Or how to I install on my pda.

Any help with this question or clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Spydertech
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

The Enterprise Activation icon will only appear if you have a Blackberry data plan designed forthe BES. Well, that isn't entirely true, it has shown up on some devices that didn't have the right Data plan.

A quick call to your wireless provider can 1)make sure you have the proper data plan in order to acces the BES and 2) send you a signal to bring up the Enterprise Activation icon.

Spydertech
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I don't think that's what he's talking about.....
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
jkb164

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Enterprise Messenger

That is correct, we have Enterprise Activation - I receive my email wirelessly to my pda, however I see the documentation mentioning Blackberry Instant Messaging for Sametime. And I'm wondering if I'm missing something, because I do not see why ours is not working. Does anyone else use Blackberry Instant Messaging for Sametime?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
ckroboth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb164
That is correct, we have Enterprise Activation - I receive my email wirelessly to my pda, however I see the documentation mentioning Blackberry Instant Messaging for Sametime. And I'm wondering if I'm missing something, because I do not see why ours is not working. Does anyone else use Blackberry Instant Messaging for Sametime?
Your bes Admin has to set up the server to push it your devices. Check out this thread in the Admin forum...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...tion-push.html

Hope this helps..
Closed Thread