BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
db
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: rogers
Default Purging "deleted items" from 7290 - not possible?

Please Login to Remove!

There is a setting "purge deleted items" under the "Messages --- Options --- Email Reconciliation menu." I have invoked it several times with the "yes" response. No results!

My "Wireless Reconcile" is ON --- and I did invoke "purge deleted Items" and "Reconcile now" --- from my bb.

When I go into the BWC on my ThinkPad --- the IN box, DRAFT and SENT items boxes are all at "0" --- but the DELETE items box still shows 43 messages --- taking up almost 6 MB of space! My quota is 10 MB. It appears that they were not "deleted."

When I open the DELETE box via my ThinkPad --- on the BWC --- the 43 messages are still there --- reflecting items that I deleted --- using my 7290 --- over the last 24 hours. There is the ability to "Empty" the Delete items from the ThinkPad's BWC screen --- but I often do not have access to full computer/Internet hardware to do this. I thought it should be possible to accomplish this --- from the 7290.

It appears that the minimum time period allowed for "purging" these deleted files is "1 day." I tried entering "0" to allow for immediate deletion --- but no go.

It therefore appears the 1 day setting on the BWC takes priority over the --- what I thought was "immediate" ---- "Purge Deleted Items" invoked from the 7290. Thus I guess all "deleted" items remain in the "Deleted items" box --- for a minimum of 1 day --- taking up "quota space!".

I have tried to "log in" to the BWC --- from my 7290. I can not do so using the "Internet browser" --- but I can do so using the link from the "WAP browser."

However --- once I get to the BWC screen on my 7290 via the WAP browser --- I do not see any way of "emplying" the "Delete items" box as is the case on the ThinkPad's screen at the BWC site.

This is starting to present a "problem" --- since I have received several notifications from my blackberry account --- "exceeded quota." At this point my only option is to increase my quota --- even though --- if I could "purge" the deleted files --- I would not have to do so.

--- any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

David

Last edited by db; 03-19-2005 at 01:49 PM..
Old 03-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #2
jwasnick

Carrier: t-mobile

Enable wireless delete at the webclient site and then try these steps in this order:

delete a message on the handheld
then Reconcile Now
then go to email options and select "purge deleted items"

this is how I got it to work using a 7290 with T-Mo service.

One unexpected item i have discovered associated with wireless reconciliation...if I delete all the email at the webclient portal and performed the reconcile now, all the email is also deleted from the handheld even though i didn't want that to happen. I, too, am hampered with the 10MB limit.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:11 AM   #3
rbarbera

Same problem with a 7230 and Vodafone Spain. None of the above tricks let's me delte de mail from BWC. Here the situation is worse, because all the mail is keep in the inbox (it didn't go to the deleted folder), but I have deleted it form the BB and forced the reconcilie (reconcilie now).

A bug with BWC?

Saludos,
Rafa
Old 03-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
db

Default Thanks for Suggestions --- but --- did not work on my 7290

Thanks, rbarbera and jwasnick, for your replies to my above posting.

I tried the sequence of steps you suggested --- but --- no success --- the "deleted items" remain --- taking up "limited quota space!"

I have not yet been able to "empty" the "deleted items box" --- via my 7290.

If others have ideas or solutions --- I would be glad to try them.

db
Old 03-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
jwasnick

Carrier: t-mobile

DB: One last item on this. from your PC, go to your profile in the BWC. Select wireless delete option and select on permanent delete. Check to see that it is set to "enable".
Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
db

Thanks, jwasnick, for your reply.

I took your suggestion --- and again looked at the profile I had set up on my BWC on my ThinkPad.

Yes --- the box is (and has all along) been "checked" --- so permanent deletion should be taking place --- but unfortunately it doesn't.

db
Old 03-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #7
teskew
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

Did you resend service book? Take battery out? (that's what everyone says to do when there's a prob!)