Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #141
bohaggon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: 247691f4
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

a media player would be nice to have on the 7100i but it is highly unlikely. in fact the biggest upgrade to what this phone does now would most likely be the addition of .wav file support. but i wouldn't rely on that too heavily either. look for your questions to be answered in the next few weeks as the 1st anniversay of the 7100i approaches and if this is the last IDEN blackberry then expect them to push the life span of this device to the fullest.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #142
tmushy

Model: 7520

media player dont count on it i dont even think the blackberry is fast enough to process media
Old 09-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #143
TylerBoneZJoneZ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: INK
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Any NEW news on the new OS Update for the 7100i? Been a while since someone has posted anything, DONT GIVE UP!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 PM   #144
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBoneZJoneZ
Any NEW news on the new OS Update for the 7100i? Been a while since someone has posted anything, DONT GIVE UP!
it's been a week. would hardly call that a 'while'.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #145
rookie1082
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

Sorry about the delay, but the Nextel rep didn't inform us that she was going to be out of the office the rest of the week last week.

Anyway, we bugged her about it again today and this time she said "RIM said that they doesn't know anything about an OS update for the 7100i." Then she said she was asked who she got this info from, and she said she didnt wanna get anyone in trouble so she's not naming names.

I'm discouraged.... Is she just blowing smoke?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #146
TylerBoneZJoneZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Why be so negative and rude? Simply said its been a while 7 days (a week) is quite a while.... exspecially since this forum has been nothing but non-stop since it was first posted for the most part.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #147
TylerBoneZJoneZ

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
And anyways I asked if anyone had heard any NEW news on the new OS update for the 7100i, not for someone to come back and be a smart-alleck towards the post. I give you a BIG down!!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #148
tmushy

wow if an update doesnt come out im goin to be very angry. I can wait but there just better be one coming out
Old 09-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #149
pcdebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie1082
Sorry about the delay, but the Nextel rep didn't inform us that she was going to be out of the office the rest of the week last week.

Anyway, we bugged her about it again today and this time she said "RIM said that they doesn't know anything about an OS update for the 7100i." Then she said she was asked who she got this info from, and she said she didnt wanna get anyone in trouble so she's not naming names.

I'm discouraged.... Is she just blowing smoke?
sounds like she's doing some backpeddling. she may have gotten caught up in talking about it too soon or something. I've already started entertaining the idea of changing carriers cause this update hope doesnt look good at the moment....
Old 09-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #150
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBoneZJoneZ
Why be so negative and rude? Simply said its been a while 7 days (a week) is quite a while.... exspecially since this forum has been nothing but non-stop since it was first posted for the most part.
Honestly dudemar, someone posted first week of October. Short of rookie's rep's lack in communication, what other new news were you wanting? I will quote it again for you. In another 1.5 weeks, if there's still nothing new, then post the kind of reply I responded to. Otherwise, considering the lack of information in this thread, despite it's non-stop activity, there won't be any new news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusJones
I sent an email to our sprint/Nextel rep asking about this.

I got an email back from him today staying that "the next BlackBerry 7100i software update ("build 4") will be available first week of October."

Looks like Christmas in October this year for us 7100i users.
And you can say that I'm a smart aleck or smart ass or whatever all you want, but I think I've helped out more than a handful of people on here. I was simply pointing out that a week later, especially when you were given a fairly decent time frame just a week prior to that, is a bit impatient. Trust me, I'm sure if someone had new news about the 7100i, it'd likely be re-posted or relayed to this thread (yes, this one you're reading now) probably while they were still digesting the originating information or while they were downloading the OS. And yes, I understand that you all have been patiently waiting for this OS update for almost a year now, but honestly, what is another week and a half to be patient and wait for updates on this thread?

Why not contribute and call Nextel yourself and be a tad bit pushy to see if you can get some information. Throw up the questions I mentioned earlier concerning the User Guide and it's mentioning of WAV file download support yet no WAV files can be downloaded, etc.. and when that person tells you they have no clue, ask to speak to someone who does... and if you aren't satisfied after calling the first time, call back again and trying varying times of day. Honestly, I'm not a Nextel customer and never have been, but if I were, I'd be more than willing to do all of this for everyone here. But instead, I've only managed an email to RIM using my TSupport subscriber information to gather what I could from them for you. But hey, I'm a smart aleck, right?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #151
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Hey Jibi - why are you bothering in this thread. Clearly *some* of the Nextel users do not appreciate the support you are trying to give them.

I'd just stay out of this thread.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #152
harryzuluberries

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Hey Jibi - why are you bothering in this thread. Clearly *some* of the Nextel users do not appreciate the support you are trying to give them.

+1

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 09-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #153
balibe

Model: 7100i

Quote:

I appreciate all the help & info Jibi provides. Please dont let the few in this thread stop you from providing help & info to the masses.

balibe@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
"The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"
Old 09-27-2006, 09:43 PM   #154
TylerBoneZJoneZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by balibe
I appreciate all the help & info Jibi provides. Please dont let the few in this thread stop you from providing help & info to the masses.
I appreciate the support guys, I agree only post ON TOPIC not other things, causes confusion, but by ALL means you can help with things but just on topic. THANKS!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #155
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Oh - so all messages in a thread must stay ON TOPIC from now on. I will have to remember that. We must remain diligent to ensure that this happens in EVERY THREAD.

How silly is that statement.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #156
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Don't get your hopes up. It would appear that Sprint is more concerned with moving users to their CDMA 1x EV-DO network then legacy NEXTEL users, with nothing new on the horizon for iDEN customers. Sad but unfortunately the iDEN 800MHz technology is somewhat dated with even less room for enhancement, sure there's the PTT feature which some CDMA carriers (Bell) have for select phones. Aside from that I find it hard for a single band network to compete in a todays market...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyos
Nextel better get some new BlackBerry devices!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #157
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Some of you users need to relax, take a break, go out side, get some air or all of the above.

~MrKyoo
Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #158
bohaggon

Model: 8120
PIN: 247691f4

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang moderators don't play! lol but yeah, everybody just chill out, and take a breather. the month of october is a whole two days away, and i'll put it like this, if your phone has survived a year without ringtones, i have a slight hunch that it will last a bit longer without. plus, even after the phone gets to play ringtones(if ever) then people will probably complain about the quality of the ringtones, or even want a full media player. i'll say this, we have all been screwed around about this subject, but if you don't like it, simply switch carriers or wait out the two to three whole weeks to find out if there will be an update. peace be with you my people.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #159
harryzuluberries

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

Quote:
Oh - so all messages in a thread must stay ON TOPIC from now on. I will have to remember that. We must remain diligent to ensure that this happens in EVERY THREAD.

How silly is that statement.
THAT'S NOT SILLY!! you mods are just sooooooo lazy that you won't go over all 327,153 posts to ensure that each and every jot and tittle is ONLY about whatever topic was started in that particular thread. SHAME ON YOU SIRS!!

hehe. jk (didn't think i'd have to write that, but just in case my sarcasm is missed by *some*)

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 10-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #160
tmushy

Well its now the first week of october lets hope thers an update
Closed Thread