BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #21
Echo3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

You should have 1XEV in the LA area. I travel there frequently and get solid connections with my 7130e.

I have 4.1.0.268 as well.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #22
Fkewl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell

When you call *22899, make sure to choose "PRL update" (or whatever its called) not only to activate it , which is 2 different things.

With sufficient thrust, Blackberrys can fly
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrok14
See and thats what i told the rep, and he claimed that the broadband is something completely different.....so I guess i was lied to and a fool for believing it.
Maybe not lied to, could have been a dumb rep helping you out. But I'm not surprised either way. I'd only go with VZW if it were the only carrier where I lived.

Hopefully you can still return the phone and get a refund.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #24
Raven
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkewl
When you call *22899, make sure to choose "PRL update" (or whatever its called) not only to activate it , which is 2 different things.
*22899 has no options...
*228 opt 2 will update roaming info
*228 opt 1 will download everthing

I was once told about about *22899 from vzw data support and they said it does what both options...
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #25
james0076ss

Model: 9530
Carrier: AT&T

I did what baconismidog suggested and the *288 updating and only once yesterday I got 1xEV for like a minute when I pulling out my BB to check e-mail. Then it went a away!!!!! I was like OMG!!!!!! And never saw it again since.

Just today when having lunch, I saw a guy with the same BB sitting next to me at a sandwich shop, and asked how he'd like it. He mentioned it the best thing he ever had. I'd told him I was very disappointed with the device since I couldn't get High Speed Data Connection via EVDO. He told me he had no clue what I was talking about and that it works great for him. I asked to take a look at his Blackberry, Right Then and There on his home screen there it was 1xEV with full reception.

Now I'm starting to think I have a defected device.

Only problem with returning it since this is a company phone, is that I have to go though the telecom department and explain that I don't get EVDO and that they have to send it back, which doubt they'll will do, since they are very anal on sending things back.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0076ss
I did what baconismidog suggested and the *288 updating and only once yesterday I got 1xEV for like a minute when I pulling out my BB to check e-mail. Then it went a away!!!!! I was like OMG!!!!!! And never saw it again since.

Just today when having lunch, I saw a guy with the same BB sitting next to me at a sandwich shop, and asked how he'd like it. He mentioned it the best thing he ever had. I'd told him I was very disappointed with the device since I couldn't get High Speed Data Connection via EVDO. He told me he had no clue what I was talking about and that it works great for him. I asked to take a look at his Blackberry, Right Then and There on his home screen there it was 1xEV with full reception.

Now I'm starting to think I have a defected device.

Only problem with returning it since this is a company phone, is that I have to go though the telecom department and explain that I don't get EVDO and that they have to send it back, which doubt they'll will do, since they are very anal on sending things back.
Just a curiosity...are you certain your BB account is properly setup? Granted I am with Sprint, so things might be different, but until my account was fully setup my phone would not connect to Sprint's EVDO network. Once my BB internet plan was fully active, only then did my phone start to "see" EVDO.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #27
james0076ss

Model: 9530
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt
Just a curiosity...are you certain your BB account is properly setup? Granted I am with Sprint, so things might be different, but until my account was fully setup my phone would not connect to Sprint's EVDO network. Once my BB internet plan was fully active, only then did my phone start to "see" EVDO.
I believe so, since I have data and voice on my BB already. I came from T-mobile about a week ago and had my number ported over to Verizon.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:47 PM   #28
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, if the data works properly (aside from the lack of EVDO) then it is probably set up correctly. Voice worked for me a day before data did, so that alone isn't a good indicator. Have you taken your device in to be checked out at a store?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #29
Echo3

I am assuming it is your device.

When I had to swap it for the first time (first one had overheating issues) when I was still within my 14 days, it was stuck on 1x and wouldnt budge so I swapped it out again for the 3rd time and it the unit came with the latest firmware/software version and with a solid 1XEV connection.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #30
Vatothe0

Model: 7130e

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

That city doesn't have evdo
Old 07-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #31
Sweetniki

Model: 7130e

I was having this problem too but called the 1800 # and after about 4 different people and a week's worth of time and effort, someone did something on their end with programming and VOILA!!!!! I have it. BUT, haven't seen much difference in the operation of my phone so not sure the time and effort was worth it.
Closed Thread