BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
wariscoming
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default BlackBerry 7290 (Cingular) Using T-Mobile SIM card??

Please Login to Remove!

I have an unlocked Cingular 7290 and have installed a T-Mobile SIM in the device. The voice works fine but I have a few data questions:

1) As far as OS goes, would I install the T-Mobile 4.0 or Cingular 4.0?

2) How much does T-Mobiles Unlimited BlackBerry data plan run these days (I am coming over to the BB from using a Sidekick II and was using the Sidekick data plan) ?

3) Will I be able to browse full HTML using the BB browser since I am only a BWC user and not a BES user?

4) Can I recieve image attachments as a BWC user?

5) Will I be able to use a T-Mobile assigned e-mail address if I want to (ie...user@tmail.com)

6) This isn't a huge deal but will the device always boot with the Cingular logo or can I get it to boot showing a T-Mobile logo?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:27 AM   #2
sbagdan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290 on T-Mobile

I am doing what you are asking. I have a Cingular 7290 and am a T-Mobile Customer. I use the BWC and have ZERO issues with it. Also, TMOBILE is the CHEAPEST for UNLIMITED Blackberry ($20 or $25/month). I upgraded from the 7230, and still have my Tmobile email address, and have a TMobile browser.....

I hate that it boost the Cingular Logo, but I changed my standby screen!
T-Mobile 7230 (Retired)
Old 02-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BlackBerry 7290 (Cingular) Using T-Mobile SIM card??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wariscoming
I have a few data questions:

1) As far as OS goes, would I install the T-Mobile 4.0 or Cingular 4.0?

2) How much does T-Mobiles Unlimited BlackBerry data plan run these days (I am coming over to the BB from using a Sidekick II and was using the Sidekick data plan) ?

3) Will I be able to browse full HTML using the BB browser since I am only a BWC user and not a BES user?

4) Can I recieve image attachments as a BWC user?

5) Will I be able to use a T-Mobile assigned e-mail address if I want to (ie...user@tmail.com)

6) This isn't a huge deal but will the device always boot with the Cingular logo or can I get it to boot showing a T-Mobile logo?
1. IIRC you'll have to use the HK 4.0 until Cingular or T-Mobile releases 4.0 for the 7290.

2. ~$19 for BWC only, ~$29 for BES.

3. I just got the Blackberry Browser pushed to my 7290 (I'm BWC only) and it works perfectly.

4. Yup.

5. I've never had a tmail.com address from them. Your BWC email will be a tmo.blackberry.net address. If you can forward mail from the address you want then it can be pretty much anything. I don't really send anything directly to my BWC address if I can avoid it.

6. You'll always have the Cingular logo.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
wariscoming
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbagdan
I am doing what you are asking. I have a Cingular 7290 and am a T-Mobile Customer. I use the BWC and have ZERO issues with it. Also, TMOBILE is the CHEAPEST for UNLIMITED Blackberry ($20 or $25/month). I upgraded from the 7230, and still have my Tmobile email address, and have a TMobile browser.....

I hate that it boost the Cingular Logo, but I changed my standby screen!
Hey sbagdan...

I too had the T-Mobile 7230 then went to Sidekick II (huge mistake) now I want 7290 but I want to still use the T-Mobile SIM. Two questions:

1) Does it matter if it is a 32K SIM as opposed to a 64K SIM (I have no idea what mine is but I saw this posted elsewhere and wanted to make sure it would not be an issue) ??

2) How do I setup the data parameters (PIN ect) on the phone and with T-Mobile? What language do I use on the phone with them when I'm ready to switch data plans from the Sidekick II to the Blackberry Unlimited data plan? Should I just tell them I have a 7230?
Closed Thread