BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default REVIEW: Fortte Vertical Pouch for 8700

Please Login to Remove!

Product: Fortte Vertical Pouch for 8700, in Nubuck Brown suede with fixed Heavy Duty clip.
Price: $40.99 USD ($32.99 for case + $8.00 for custom color scheme)
URL: www.fortte.com

ATTENTION: New discount from Fortte!
Online Coupon: Emboss your name for FREE with the purchase of a case from a special color collection. Use this code: BBF63F

To see my review of the Fortte Lateral Pouch case, click here.

Review:
This case was shipped in a nice display box, wrapped in plastic. This one is a custom color pattern called Nubuck Brown. The main portion of the case is a dark brown colored suede, and the flap and back portions are a dark brown leather. The inside has a thick felt lining offering lots of protection. The flap has a magnetic snap closure with the logo embossed and their small metal emblem below it.

Click images to enlarge:

It has the fixed, metal heavy duty belt clip, and it is very strong and will fit almost any sized belt. It has a very low profile when worn, and does not rub into your hip at all. I do feel that this clip could be pushed off of your belt accidentally, with enough force. Not very likely, but possible I wish the bend in the top of the clip was tougher, to prevent the clip from being pulled out at all unless you mean to do it. Overall, very easy to wear with little notice it is there. The case has a sleeper magnet that works perfectly, allowing you to insert the device either face in or face out - your choice.

Rating: I give this case 5 out of 5 Berries.

Conclusion: An absolutely excellent case for those searching for a vertical pouch. Though I mentioned the clip could use some closing to ensure no slippage, I still really like it. It is sturdy and easy to put on and take off your belt. This is just another version of precision by our friends at Fortte.

Pros: Very stylish, exceptional materials, customizeable color combinations, low profile belt clip, affordable, sleeper magnet allows insertion in either direction.

Cons: Some may not like a gold emblem on the front of their case, the belt clip could be squeezed together a little more to ensure a tight grip on your belt.

Last edited by Seattle18; 05-19-2006 at 08:06 PM..
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

It's a beautiful case. But I can't help wondering if one wouldn't be better off with the new style of Fortte STiL Vertical Pouch for Slim Battery case with the speaker exposed and the extra leather latch if you want that protection. Still, the magnetic flap is cool.

Fortte are very good with special orders such as not having the gold emblem.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
It's a beautiful case. But I can't help wondering if one wouldn't be better off with the new style of Fortte STiL Vertical Pouch for Slim Battery case with the speaker exposed and the extra leather latch if you want that protection. Still, the magnetic flap is cool.

Fortte are very good with special orders such as not having the gold emblem.
I agree - I have one of these with the small snap flap on the way for review. I have a feeling it will be awesome...
Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Liv

Model: 8330

This is one hecka gorgeous case. I always wondered what the nubuck brown would look like.

The belt clip looks like a good alternative for women who don't want the bulky one to interfere with our purses. It makes it very slim lined. I like it!

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Old 05-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
GigEm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: att (Cingular)

I tried the vertical case and found it to be very well made, but with the swivel clip it puts the phone too far out from my side for my taste. I want a high-quality case like this but with a racheting clip that is low-profile like on the default holster.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigEm
I tried the vertical case and found it to be very well made, but with the swivel clip it puts the phone too far out from my side for my taste. I want a high-quality case like this but with a racheting clip that is low-profile like on the default holster.
The only solutions I know of with a very low ratchet clip are the OEM, the Seidio holster (Read my review here), and the Naztech Boa cases (Read my review here). The Naztech cases are not available for the 8700 series yet, but they will be very soon. When I get them I will review and post immediately. My initial experience with them is very positive, and they have a great ratcheting clip like you are after.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
msurrency

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobil

I have a very similar one on order. It should be here any time. I ordered 3 weeks ago. Mine will be Brandy Wine. I will put some pictures up when I get it. It is nice to see one done other than the leather samples on the web site.
Brandy Wine is probably not a color for guys, but a nice flashy color for the ladies.

Thanks for the review
Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
GigEm

Model: 8800
Carrier: att (Cingular)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
The only solutions I know of with a very low ratchet clip are the OEM, the Seidio holster
Thanks very much for the quick reply and options !! I'm looking at the OEM case next from SPD (ACC-10540-003).