BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Chen_Kenichi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blocking All In-Coming Calls (Cingular 8700c)

Please Login to Remove!

I called Cingular and asked if I can block all in-coming calls into my 8700c (I have a friend who has this feature but since I can't get through to his phone I cannot ask him what provider he uses...). The agent was not so sure by the sound of his tone - he came back from holding for quite a while (checking with his supervisor or looking on Cingular's web site) and told me that Cingular does not provide such feature.
Since I did not quite trust his answer - can anyone here tell me if this is true?
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
thatboiwes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
PIN: 22D1C6A9
Carrier: at&t

It's not a carrier feature, it's a phone feature. Some phones have it and some phones don't. I had a Motorolla phone that I could allow all in-coming calls, allow calls from numbers in my phone book only, or allow no in-coming calls. I really liked it. I don't answer numbers that don't have a name come up with the number so it saved me a lot of trouble and just sent them straight to my voicemail.

I don't think the BlackBerry 8700c has this feature, I haven't found it atleast.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:51 PM   #3
jeremy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Setting Do Not Disturb in the active profile will reject incoming calls to the busy-forward number. This is equivalent to selecting ignore while a call is ringing.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
thatboiwes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
PIN: 22D1C6A9
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
Setting Do Not Disturb in the active profile will reject incoming calls to the busy-forward number. This is equivalent to selecting ignore while a call is ringing.

I guess I was looking for the wrong thing. I wish I was able to reject numbers that aren't listed in my phone book like my Motorolla, but oh well.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Question, related to these two posts here. If I have an Exception set up with the Use Profile set to Normal, not Active. And my Active Profile set to Do Not Disturb, will calls from the Exception still come through? Might be tedious but could cover the last request.

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr

Last edited by rcbjr; 03-24-2006 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Correct typo
Old 03-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
RickCharles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

rcbjr - intuitively that should work, but I tested it and the calls in the exception (set to normal) still roll to voicemail.

As an alternative, if your contact list is not that large you could create a blank or silent mp3. Use that as your normal ringtone, then supply everyone else in your contact list a custom ringtone. Conversely, the silent ringtone can also be assigned to a number in your contact list that you consider an annoyance.

Last edited by RickCharles; 03-24-2006 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Thanks, I was just curious about this.

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Closed Thread