Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
MichelleChelsey

Model: 9630T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Unhappy Need advanced help :(!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me I am at the end of my wits. I currently have a blackberry tour 9630 and it worked fine on my notebook running windows 7 in the past. However, someone tried to help me free up space and I am thinking they perhaps deleted a driver of some sort. When I tried to connect my phone to my computer it was not even recognized in My Computer. It said I was missing a bluetooth peripheral device. I am on dial up so I spent 8 hours downloading the desktop software. With that software it was able to recognize my device via bluetooth. However nothing more. I plug my phone in with a usb cable that works fine and charges my phone, yet nothing happens on my computer. I am simply looking to upload my videos and pictures onto my computer. After spending hours on the phone with my provider mts, they deduced I would need to update my version since it is at 4.7. Well that is fantastic except I cannot do that without having access to my blackberry through my computer. Overall this is very frustrating and I would be content with being able to send my videos through bluetooth how I have been able to do in the past. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated :(
Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Need advanced help :(!

I would not use BT to do any updates. Download Desktop Manager from RIM( its free) and see if you can connect to the BB via USB then. You will need the original BB data cable. Not all cables are the same.. DM also contains a media manager.

Last edited by tsac; 05-15-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Sounds like OP did download and install Desktop Manager again, but Desktop Manager does not see the BlackBerry, though the BlackBerry does charge on USB.

Does the computer see the BlackBerry when you connect? That is, is the problem with Desktop Manager only, or does the computer not even see the BlackBerry?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
MichelleChelsey

Model: 9630T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS

OH MY! I feel so stupid. I guess my boyfriend had broken my blackberry cord and bought me some cheap knockoff from a gas station that is only meant to charge the phones. I have dedicated a sold 12 hours to this search. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. Works perfect with a normal cord *smacks forehead
Old 05-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Glad you figured it out. That was going to be one of the questions (is the cable good?). Good job getting there and answering it first.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

It's always good to find out what fixed the problem, Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
Dohzen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700