Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
severniae

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default BES 4.1 to 5.1

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I'm rather stuck, I've got to upgrade BES 4.1 to 5.1 by tomorrow!!

Firstly, some background;

Currently we use BES 4.1 installed on the same server as exchange 2003. I now need to install BES 5.1 onto a new standalone server (that also happens to be a domain controller running 2008 R2) and move all users onto it without having to completely re-setup all the users blackberries!

I tried earlier installing 5.1 onto the server, I got it installed fine, but didn't know if it was set up properly, and I couldn't log in using the web configuration page using my domain account, so i'm not sure where I went wrong. I raised a question in the blackberry support forums, however I keep getting directed to the same info, which, while very good and informative, doesn't really contain a guide on how to do it!

Is there anyone that can help me? Even just pointing me to a step by step guide that explains it all properly would be of tremendous help!

Kind thanks for your help,

James.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Tweedle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: 29036341
Carrier: T-mobile

You must log to you new BES 5.1 by besadmin acount (or other with you install BES 5.1 software). I think you must to use a BlackBerry Transporter (from BES Resource Kit) to move users from 4.1 (with SP is on it?) to 5.1. I think you must consider that you don't install BES and domain controller on the same machine. I think you can use a Hyper-V to install BES and other server on the same machine (but i think domain controller (first) don't be on Hyper-V machine.

BlackBerry 9900 + PB + MicroSDHC Mobile Ultra 8GB
Closed Thread