Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Arnie Bold

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Help My Blackberry Bold won’t turn on

Please Login to Remove!

Here is what happened.

I went to the states for the weekend and didn’t want to pay roaming charges so I turned off my phone and placed it in the car door plastic storage area. Eventually I decided I needed to use it and went to get it. When I went to get it the back had fallen off and the battery had fallen out. The back of my phones comes off all the time and battery comes loose and disconnects all of the time too so I thought nothing of it. I put my phone back together again and tried to turn it on and it wouldn’t. I thought it was weird because my battery was almost full when I originally turned it off but I thought maybe it got turned on again or that the battery was drained from being connected and disconnected along the drive or something. However, one thing I did notice was that the red light was blinking a lot more than normal. I ignored it and put the phone away and decided to just wait and charge it when I got home. When I got home I plugged it into the wall and let it charge for a while and then tried to turn it on. It wouldn’t. I took the battery out and put it back in and tried again. Nothing. What I was seeing was a solid red light and then 3 blinking red lights and then four blinking red lights and then four again and so on. I tried to restart it a bunch but nothing worked. I then took the battery out of the phone over night and tried again in the morning but it still didn’t work. I tried hooking it up to my PC but it couldn’t connect to the phone (I was still getting the blinking red lights though). I took my phone across the street to a cell store and tried a brand new battery but my phone would still not boot up and we tried my battery in another phone and that phone would not boot up with my battery. I have since read a bunch of stuff but I’m looking for someone who has had this happened and was able to fix it. I also am able to see sometimes a very faint battery with a lightning bolt through it when I first connect my phone to power and try to turn it on but then it fades and goes away. I am currently trying this

Plug phone in
Remove battery and wait for screen to show battery with red line through it
Replace battery and leave alone for a while

I’m leaving it alone but there is not a red light indicating that it is doing anything

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance
Old 07-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Arnie, did you figure anything out on this? As I was reading I was thinking you got the battery too hot in the parked car and ruined it, but then I read you tried a new battery. I'm wondering if the heat also somehow ruined the device as well. The only thing I could think of to suggest is remove the media card (and SIM as well if it's a GSM device) and see if it will boot.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
hoaivan27299
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: b9930
PIN: 330D95CE
Carrier: VNPT-Vinaphone 452

Hello!
I think the battery of bold was drained. Replace for the new battery or the full battery. When you plugged on the wall so blinking the red lights. It meaning wasnt' charged. Bold will only charged when rebooting is finished.
Goodluck!
Closed Thread