Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
jaelae
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default BES 5.0 cannot add new users after Exchange crash

Please Login to Remove!

Our Exchange 2010 database crashed and had to be recreated. I had BES 5.0 SP1 with MR2 installed and working fine with our Exchange 2010 server that was setup back in early January. Due to issues with corrupt e-mail that was transferred over from Exchange 2007, our database corrupted (we only had one) and I went ahead and created a new database, pointed all users over to it then started restoring database to it from a backup. Everything is working fine with the restore and user's mailboxes work fine from Outlook.

The problem now is how do I get the BES to reconnect? I edited the MAPI profile to make sure it found the BESAdmin profile on the server and it worked fine. Then I tried to remove and readd users which it pulled in from the GAL and had no problems with that.

My issue now is all blackberry devices hang at activating. I tried it on existing users, on users I removed and readded, and even tried to add a brand spanking new user and it worked fine. I also disabled the NIC on this server so that it stopped communicating and brought up a new Server 2008 R2 server with BES 5.0 SP1 and installed MR2. I followed all BES Pre-install and post-install requirements verifying that permissions were setup properly, DNS was configured correctly, and SRP checks and other tests perform correctly in the BES.

I have a ticket I opened with RIM about this issue but figured I would post it incase someone has an idea.

My one question since this is a new server, does something happen since this is a second BES with the same SRP ID? Although the second one is now offline and will be terminated?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
jaelae
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

After typing all this up I reran some of the permission changes and also booted up the old server, uninstalled BES completely retried activation on the new one and everything is working.
Closed Thread