Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
seanecy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Hi! New.....

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, very new to this forum, about 5 min!. I have a storm 1 on Verizon. A few Quick questions.

1. Do i have the current OS? I have .328. Sick of the screen not getting brighter in pic mode. among other small issues. But not complaining to much since the 4.7 made me want to throw it out the window. An upgrade is due to me this summer, looking at the droid but want the storm

2. The only issues i have with the S1 are app memory, browser speed, screen hard to click and no wifi. DID I MENTION APP MEMORY! Killing me. Will the S2 solve some or all of the issues? And can I solve App memory now? After battery pull, 8.3 MB with little memory leaks at the end of the day drops to nothing. Pull battery at least once a day. Not too much of a *****, but still annoying. Sorry so much info to start.

Last edited by Dubdub; 02-10-2010 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Editied for readability.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Welcome to BBF.

Please do not write everything all together. It makes it tough to read and you will not get many responses.

As for playing with the OS, I would not recommend trying to upgrade until you are comfortable with the BB itself. Play with it, use it, make it work for you.

And 8.3 memory available is not very much. What do you have stored on the device? Are you usign the SD card?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 02-10-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
seanecy

Yes i do have an SD card, i did not know you could put apps on the card.......
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You can't, but you can put music, photos and ringtones.

And if you only have such little memory, you must have more apps than you can use?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

You can not. But you can delete old emails SMS and other messages. You can also delete apps you don't really need.
Try to keep your pictures and files in the SD card
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
BUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
You can't, but you can put music, photos and ringtones.

And if you only have such little memory, you must have more apps than you can use?
Lol
almost same comment at the same time. You won
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
seanecy

3rd party: black star, coin toss, watch dog, connect 4, freddy falling, garmin (big one), 1 touch flashlight, opera mini, par 72 golf, reflect 7, score moble, stop tilt, tip calc, uber twitter, vlingo, where, you tube,
Add on: app world, BB maps, BB messanger, Docs to go, ebay, facebook, memo pad, tasks, v cast music, vz nav.
core: BB core app, BB system, browser, email set up, phone.
There is nothing BIG i dont use, AND i would love to add more like a nice weather app among others. I guess this must be a lot, right. but compared to friend with other phones this is not much, really......
Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
BUC

Then, if all those bigs apps are a must, I would encourage you to upgrade to Storm 2, otherwise I recommend to delete some apps...

For instance... do you really need "1 touch flashlight", I know thats a small app, but You get the same result from just clicking the Video Camera icon (when the light is set to ON)

And you seem to have many apps that can be redundant if you only save Bookmarks like: ebay, youtube...

Give ir a thought... I know everyone's needs are differents, I like having the extra space in the storm 2 but I dont really need to fill it with apps...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
seanecy

Thanks Buc, i know there is a big difference between need and want. I dont need most of what i have in life to be honest, it just sucks that this phone makes you make those choices. By the way i have found since the browser is so slow, bookmarks help.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #10
BUC

I agree with you... and regarding the browser... well the only time I use the BB browser is for youtube. The new Opera 5 beta 2 is awesome (at least on Storm2) I do not envy browsing on an iPhone or iPod touch....

I know that the limited space for apps sucks, specially when many times better apps = bigger space required. But I do enjoy everything else the Storm 2 has to offer that you cant get with an iPhone, Droid or even other BB....

This phone is one of the best mp3 players out there, its a joy to type here, you get SureType and QWERTY at the same time, also highlighting is helpful... so I can safely say that the only downsides for this phone and for the Storm 1 are battery life (which I can live with since at least is replaceable, unlike many other comparisons) and more app memory... (at least I have my music and videos separated from my apps)
Closed Thread