punkinbee59
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint Relay
Default new BB Curve 8530 owner

Please Login to Remove!

Hey...
I'm now a brand spankin' new confused owner of BB Curve 8530 and I've tons of questions.

Since I'm hearing impaired I use the Sprint Relay provider and I've been having problem with the CS since yesterday...it's like the minute I have my phone they just dropped me. What happened to SUPPORT?!

anyways...here's the questions:

-I can't log in using my username (blahblah@sprint.blackberry.net) and a generic password they gave me (just got the phone yesterday)

-I am missing a social network app on the BB menu page, how do I get it back?

-I called 1-877-654-9111, and had to push alot of buttons to get to a live agent, and once I got to the live agent, I got disconnected while she was transferring me to another dept.

-I'm trying to figure out my trackball...it's going too fast and need to figure out how to slow it down

-what's that green light flashing on the upper right hand corner?

heh...sorry for so many of 'em...I'll try to think of more questions to torture y'all j/k.... after using a very simple user-friendly pre-paid phone the BB is far more complicated than I expected.

the only main worry I have right now is logging into Sprint with my BB email and I can't get in & the CS is not very user-friendly.

any suggestions/advice is greatly welcomed!

TIA!

~punkinbee59
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
punkinbee59

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbee59 View Post
Hey...
I'm now a brand spankin' new confused owner of BB Curve 8530 and I've tons of questions.

Since I'm hearing impaired I use the Sprint Relay provider and I've been having problem with the CS since yesterday...it's like the minute I have my phone they just dropped me. What happened to SUPPORT?!

anyways...here's the questions:

-I can't log in using my username (blahblah@sprint.blackberry.net) and a generic password they gave me (just got the phone yesterday)

-I am missing a social network app on the BB menu page, how do I get it back? will go to store to have the tech look into it

-I called 1-877-654-9111, and had to push alot of buttons to get to a live agent, and once I got to the live agent, I got disconnected while she was transferring me to another dept. RESOLVED

-I'm trying to figure out my trackball...it's going too fast and need to figure out how to slow it down RESOLVED?

-what's that green light flashing on the upper right hand corner? RESOLVED

heh...sorry for so many of 'em...I'll try to think of more questions to torture y'all j/k.... after using a very simple user-friendly pre-paid phone the BB is far more complicated than I expected.

the only main worry I have right now is logging into Sprint with my BB email and I can't get in & the CS is not very user-friendly.

any suggestions/advice is greatly welcomed!

TIA!

~punkinbee59
hunh....33 views and NOT one welcoming peep...makes me wonder about you guys...
Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbee59 View Post
hunh....33 views and NOT one welcoming peep...makes me wonder about you guys...
Welcome aboard. Keep in mind it is the weekend and the board is more active during the week (and it's Saturday night so lots of people are out and about.

Were you able to log into the Sprint BIS site to set up your email and slow down the trackpad movement?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
punkinbee59

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Welcome aboard. Keep in mind it is the weekend and the board is more active during the week (and it's Saturday night so lots of people are out and about.

Were you able to log into the Sprint BIS site to set up your email and slow down the trackpad movement?

I'm totally new to the BB world, and what is a BIS?
and slowing down the tracking...how is that done?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

This is the link for the Sprint BIS website:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...rint&locale=en

This is where you set up an account (or log into it) and set up your email so it can be sent to your BlackBerry.

For the trackpad, click on the Options icon, then Screen/Keyboard. There should be settings in there for veritical and horizonal sensitivity.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
punkinbee59

Quote:
This is the link for the Sprint BIS website:

<removed link as I have less than 10 posts...>

This is where you set up an account (or log into it) and set up your email so it can be sent to your BlackBerry.

For the trackpad, click on the Options icon, then Screen/Keyboard. There should be settings in there for veritical and horizonal sensitivity.
sensitivity... the lower the number the slower the tracking, yes?

I was already in that site you provided....the username is what threw me off...what username..?

when I got my phone, I already had my sprint.blackberry.net set up in the phone...but I also had a flyer with my name I chose, the user ID, and the generic password, indicating that I need to set it up to access my BB email online.

I dunno what Im supposed to enter when I got there. *scratch head*
Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

So it sounds like someone set up your account for you. Use the name you chose and the generic password on that site. If that doesn't work, call the number on screen for assistance. I've had to have them reset my password before.

And yes, the lower the number the slower the movement.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
punkinbee59

Quote:
So it sounds like someone set up your account for you. Use the name you chose and the generic password on that site. If that doesn't work, call the number on screen for assistance. I've had to have them reset my password before.

And yes, the lower the number the slower the movement.
ok...it didn't go thru...is there a quicker way to get to a live agent? I'm hearing impaired and it's kinda frustrating to understand the recorded commands and push buttons alll over. LOL
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

You could see if you can access it via your BB using the Email Setup icon.....

Or, go to the Sprint website and click on the Support tab, then on the right of the Support page there is a 'chat' link. It might be easier for you to chat online with someone. It can be a little slow, but can be helpful.

Last edited by juwaack68; 01-23-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Old 01-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
punkinbee59

Quote:
You could see if you can access it via your BB using the Email Setup icon.....

Or, go to the Sprint website and click on the Support tab, then on the right of the Support page there is a 'chat' link. It might be easier for you to chat online with someone. It can be a little slow, but can be helpful.
Ok, got that resolved...*whew*

today, I got an application to upgrade the BB messenger, and I can't find the info in my BB to see if it's upgraded or not. where do I find that?

and, the battery drains so much! I think I need to cut out the sound effects...and keep one app open, instead of switching between apps. is this normal for a NEW phone??

still having issue with the number transfer, but I did get an email, only to say, contact us and we'll help you instead of answering my questions. *sigh* why are we working FOR them, instead of the other way around? smh (shaking my head)
Closed Thread