Old 12-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
fahadchaudhry

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Question Potential BB user, need help.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi
I have to buy a true smartphone but a bit confused which one I should go far.

I do have an idea that BB is regarded as a true smartphone and it's capable of doing what others can't but need your help to satisfy myself.

I have three options to choose from, rather two because iPhone used to be one of the options but currently my friend bought it and I did try my hands on that; it's not a true smartphone, rather a good entertainer. It doesn't even have multi-tasking, despite paying for the plan one doesn't get push-emails, a lot of Apple's rules "Can do this, can't do that", kind of restrictions, pathetic camera, one even can't download songs from other websites unless jail-broken and paid-apps, so out of option.

I have to choose b/w BB and Android. Both look equally competitive to me(I may be wrong absolutely). I want a phone that delivers emails to me as they are sent. I want to be connected to social networks, news websites in real time. If not the best, at least better camera, good music player, video player, fast connectivity.

Now all the above mentioned features are available in both phones. I need you to tell me how and where BB outperforms Android.

One thing more, I am fond of good looks as well. When I think about BB, I love Curve series, especially 8900. I do like the new 8520 but it lacks Wi-Fi, at least it should have that if not 3G. I recently read reviews about 9700. It looked perfect to me but I didn't like its back lather cover. Again I am confused here, I like 8900 but it doesn't have 3G; I like 9700 when it comes to performance but its looks don't impress me. So, can you please elaborate how different they are in performance and how different it is b/w 3G and EDGE?

Thanks and waiting for your replies.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

You really need to do your own research. All of your answers can be found on the manufacturer sites and this forum. I also recommend going and testing the devices for yourself.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

A Blackberry is not an Android. As for the network, 3G is generally faster but it also depends on the carrier and availability.
You wont be disapointed with a BB I believe but check the quality of the netork where you intend to use it. That applies to any cell phone.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Is this for business use or personal use? From your post, it appears this is for personal use, so a consumer type device may be more to your liking. If this is so, then the BB might not be the device for you.

What is your budget for the device, and voice and data plans?

As for the iPhone not having "push" email, mail is delivered to my iPhone about every 10 minutes. I have to do nothing to get it there.

Have you seen and used either device in a store?

Have you spoken with friends, family and/or coworkers about their devices?

You might find that neither fit your needs.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
fahadchaudhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Is this for business use or personal use? From your post, it appears this is for personal use, so a consumer type device may be more to your liking. If this is so, then the BB might not be the device for you.

What is your budget for the device, and voice and data plans?

As for the iPhone not having "push" email, mail is delivered to my iPhone about every 10 minutes. I have to do nothing to get it there.

Have you seen and used either device in a store?

Have you spoken with friends, family and/or coworkers about their devices?

You might find that neither fit your needs.
I'll buy it for personal use. As far as iPhone is concerned, it's not value for money. Buying iPhone means to perform basic actions one has to spend money to buy an app, and there are so many other restrictions.
Regarding budget for device, it's not a problem.
One of the reasons to have BB in option is QWERTY keyboard. It's really useful when the user texts or emails a lot.
Yes, I have used all three of devices. BB and Android really attract me. I am unable to decide which one is more advanced.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
I am unable to decide which one is more advanced.
Quite frankly, which one is more advanced is up to you based on what you want out of the device. BlackBerry is far more advanced in many areas, Android in a few others.

Another thing to consider is that Android is an OS, not a system. Android can run on many different devices, and some of them are inferior to others. BlackBerry is a system, much like Apple. Like Mac OS, the BlackBerry OS only runs on RIM devices, only works with BlackBerry data plans, and JUST PLAIN WORKS.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

You mentioned spending money to buy apps with the iphone, I hope you do realize most devices today have their own specific app stores and not all apps are free.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

Make your life easy, buy both!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
fahadchaudhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
You mentioned spending money to buy apps with the iphone, I hope you do realize most devices today have their own specific app stores and not all apps are free.
I know one has to buy apps even in BB, but unlike iphone where to do basic functions one has to buy "an app".
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
tsac
BlackBerry God

The BB comes with basic applications generally needed by users of this type of device. You can as with any Samrtphone buy additional applications of your choice. There are many applications for the BB that are free and same as Iphone offer features that some users feel accomplish everything they need without having to purchase a more featured application
Old 01-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
I know one has to buy apps even in BB, but unlike iphone where to do basic functions one has to buy "an app".
To what specific functions are you referring? I never paid for a single app on my iPhone 3GS, and it worked great.