millardus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default BES and BIS Emails

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all

This is not especially important to my BEs Service operation but I thought I would raise it again as I have seen some older posts wondering if it would become a feature of handhelds in future.

I am getting users onto my BES with primary Email, all good. Some of them have secondary accounts on our Exchange environment which I can setup for them via OWA BIS connection. APART from sending out a "corporate message icon" from the BES to filter Corporate Emails away from the default "Messages" folder, is there a method yet whereby BIS Emails can be colour coded when they enter the "Messages" folder on the handheld(So that they are easily differentiated from Corporate Emails).?

If I have to go down the route of creating the corporate icon and then advising users to hide the MESSAGES icon and only use their BIS icons I will do so, but an easy colour coded method would be simpler.

Any thoughts\Updates would be nice.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by millardus View Post
is there a method yet whereby BIS Emails can be colour coded when they enter the "Messages" folder on the handheld(So that they are easily differentiated from Corporate Emails).?
Indeed there is.
This is controlled by the following IT Policy setting:

IT Policy > Security > Security Service Colors

"Type RGB (hexadecimal) codes to set the background color of messages. Use a More... semi-colon to separate colors (for example, RRGGBB;RRGGBB).

The first color represents the background color of encrypted messages sent from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that sends the IT policy, and PIN messages encrypted with a corporate scrambling key.
The second color represents the background color of messages sent from all other services, and PIN messages encrypted with the global scrambling key.

This rule applies only to Java-based BlackBerry devices version 4.0.0 and higher."
Closed Thread