Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Baundy06

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Incipio SiliCrylic Case

Please Login to Remove!

This is my first real post here but I figured I might as well make it a good one.
I don't know how much exposure Incipio gets on here but I just received my case for the Storm they released last week and all I can say is... WOW.

I had the same one for my Curve and loved it so I anticipated this one a lot. The basic Idea is that there is a silicone sleeve that is molded to allow a hard plastic case to slip around it. Basically you have a hard case with a soft inside thus giving it amazing protection. Plus, I got the white and black ones, and they are honestly very stylish if that matters to you but most of all the protection offered is great.

And a nice little add-on is they also give you a stand, a screen cloth, and a screen protector with the case. From my prior experience with this thing and my first impressions of this case I would HIGHLY suggest getting one. I promise I am not from them, I am just obsessed with this product, I emailed them a lot trying to get updates on the progress of the development of this actually.

Hope this might solve some of your needs in a case, and there isn't a lot of bulk added, it is still the same size as if you had a normal silicone case because of how the design is.

The forum won't let me link yet, just go to Incipio's website and under Blackberry select the Storm!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Incipio

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundy06 View Post
This is my first real post here but I figured I might as well make it a good one.
I don't know how much exposure Incipio gets on here but I just received my case for the Storm they released last week and all I can say is... WOW.

I had the same one for my Curve and loved it so I anticipated this one a lot. The basic Idea is that there is a silicone sleeve that is molded to allow a hard plastic case to slip around it. Basically you have a hard case with a soft inside thus giving it amazing protection. Plus, I got the white and black ones, and they are honestly very stylish if that matters to you but most of all the protection offered is great.

And a nice little add-on is they also give you a stand, a screen cloth, and a screen protector with the case. From my prior experience with this thing and my first impressions of this case I would HIGHLY suggest getting one. I promise I am not from them, I am just obsessed with this product, I emailed them a lot trying to get updates on the progress of the development of this actually.

Hope this might solve some of your needs in a case, and there isn't a lot of bulk added, it is still the same size as if you had a normal silicone case because of how the design is.

The forum won't let me link yet, just go to Incipio's website and under Blackberry select the Storm!
Hi Baundy -

Thank you for the great post!
Did anyone reply to your emails? I am happy to answer any questions you have!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
jackperdue
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundy06 View Post

First I need to say that one of the first things I do when buying a new device is to determine which case I will buy to protect it. I waited, listened and did my research before getting the Incipio. As mentioned, it looks great. Really! and feels good in your hand. I'd buy it again without question.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moved to more appropriate section

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
suicidepact
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I've been looking for a case like this, so I ordered one, so thanks for the tip, Baundy. My one little gripe is that I ordered it on Friday afternoon and chose the Elite FedEx overnight for shipping. Unfortunately it isn't mentioned anywhere (that I noticed) that there's no Saturday delivery until I went to track my shipment on FedEx. This means the earliest I'll get my package is Monday, except I won't be home all week, which is why I paid $17 more to have it overnighted. I feel that some mention should be on the Incipio web site that it's only Mon-Fri shipping. If I missed it then my apologies, but I still feel as if this could be made more clear, especially since I receive things FedEx on a SDR (Saturday Delivery Rate) with my work often so I know they do deliver on Saturdays.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Incipio

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidepact View Post
I've been looking for a case like this, so I ordered one, so thanks for the tip, Baundy. My one little gripe is that I ordered it on Friday afternoon and chose the Elite FedEx overnight for shipping. Unfortunately it isn't mentioned anywhere (that I noticed) that there's no Saturday delivery until I went to track my shipment on FedEx. This means the earliest I'll get my package is Monday, except I won't be home all week, which is why I paid $17 more to have it overnighted. I feel that some mention should be on the Incipio web site that it's only Mon-Fri shipping. If I missed it then my apologies, but I still feel as if this could be made more clear, especially since I receive things FedEx on a SDR (Saturday Delivery Rate) with my work often so I know they do deliver on Saturdays.
Hi suicidepact -

I am very sorry to hear about the Saturday delivery issue you had. If you want to contact customer service and let them know the issue you had, they would be more than happy to compensate you for the money you spent, in some way.

We will work on getting No Saturday deliveries up on our site ASAP!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
parenthetical guy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: :reirraC

Incipio,

Is the SiliCrylic case = DermaShot + an outer acrylic case or is it another silicone inner case + an outer acrylic case?

Also, it would be nice to have more photos (back, sides) of the DermaShot on your site. I'm looking at the DermaShot for the Bold...

Likewise, the Bold Bond Street Leather case needs more photos, too. On a case like this it is important to have a Sleeper function magnet -- if your case has it, it should be called out. The design of the belt clip is important too (how much does it stand out from case? does it rotate? is it leather covered?).

I like your stuff, but it would nice to have more photos, more details.

Thanks!

Last edited by parenthetical guy; 04-20-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Incipio

Quote:
Originally Posted by parenthetical guy View Post
Incipio,

Is the SiliCrylic case = DermaShot + an outer acrylic case or is it another silicone inner case + an outer acrylic case?

Also, it would be nice to have more photos (back, sides) of the DermaShot on your site. I'm looking at the DermaShot for the Bold...

Likewise, the Bold Bond Street Leather case needs more photos, too. On a case like this it is important to have a Sleeper function magnet -- if your case has it, it should be called out. The design of the belt clip is important too (how much does it stand out from case? does it rotate? is it leather covered?).

Thanks!
Hi parenthetical guy -

Thank you for your feedback; I will pass it along to our web development team and try and get some additional images up ASAP!

As for the SILICRYLIC - It is a 2 part case consisting of a Silicone base, which has indentations to securely fit the outer acrylic shell.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
suicidepact

Thanks for the reply, Incipio, and thanks for recommendation, Baundy. These cases are just what I was looking for. They seem rugged. One consideration for Storm owners is heat issues, since this is basically two cases. There is a thick rubber inner sleeve and a hard plastic clear case. I just received this case today and we are in the middle of a heat wave, and with both cases, the temp went up about 10 degrees from about 93 F to about 102 F. I remedied this by using only the softer rubber case. Still, this is the price to pay for extra protection and I don't consider this a design fault in any way.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
fyb87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 20F770D0 - send msg w/ request
Carrier: T-Mobile

How do you carry your device in your pocket or a holster possibly? Trying to figure out if I bought one for my 8900 if it would fit in my pock and if it would fit in a holster!
Thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
suicidepact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incipio View Post
Hi suicidepact -

I am very sorry to hear about the Saturday delivery issue you had. If you want to contact customer service and let them know the issue you had, they would be more than happy to compensate you for the money you spent, in some way.

We will work on getting No Saturday deliveries up on our site ASAP!
Thanks Incipio but I did email them and they basically gave me the brushoff with a form letter back, referring me to a page with the shipping policies, and implying it was my fault. Oh well. Too bad the site was all too willing to still take my money. What exactly is customer service for then? I'm more upset now than before and even less inclined to use the site again.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
suicidepact

Incipio have since reversed their position and I feel confident in recommending Incipio for and the SiliCrylic cases in particular to anyone who might be interested.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
parenthetical guy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: :reirraC

Is a Feather case coming for Bold? Thin is in.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
suicidepact

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyb87 View Post
How do you carry your device in your pocket or a holster possibly? Trying to figure out if I bought one for my 8900 if it would fit in my pock and if it would fit in a holster!
Thanks

I don't know about a holster or about your model, but even though I said it was two cases, it really is very slim and adds very little to the profile. I'm still able to carry my Storm in my pocket with the full case no problem. Still, I don't know about your model or what type of holster you have, but the website does have model specific cases. As well, they took no time getting back to me about my customer service issue, so it wouldn't hurt to eail then with a question. They're obviously very service oriented at Incipio.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
amber205a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

i keep trying to order but never any in stock for bb 8330
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by parenthetical guy View Post
Incipio,

Thanks!

In my case down here in Texas all my western belts are a lot wider then the pencil thin Dillard's dress belts......so the built in belt clip LOOKS like it is only for thin dress belts, photos are inadequate in this case and will have to forgo this product. Looks like the Innocase for me.
Closed Thread