Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Ace HTML Email Viewer

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone tried Ace HTML Email Viewer out? It's on Handango but with no reviews. And a search here found no threads.

thanks
Old 05-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Your post is the first I've heard of it. Does it have a free trial?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
MICP1480
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon
Default Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working with a program called Empower for over a year. I have been trying to get an answer as to why this wonderful HTML email program suddenly craps out when I had up graded from 4.2 to 4.5. Although they claim it works on the 4.5 OS, but it doesn't. I came across your posting about Ace Email and so I went and downloaded the trial version. This program is exactly as the Empower program packed with options and works flawless on my blackberry 8330 4.5 system. I left the best for last, and that would be the price, right now Crack Berry is offering it for ONLY $19.00, it's a steal for this magnificent program. Thank you.

MICP1480
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICP1480 View Post
I have been working with a program called Empower for over a year. I have been trying to get an answer as to why this wonderful HTML email program suddenly craps out when I had up graded from 4.2 to 4.5. Although they claim it works on the 4.5 OS, but it doesn't. I came across your posting about Ace Email and so I went and downloaded the trial version. This program is exactly as the Empower program packed with options and works flawless on my blackberry 8330 4.5 system. I left the best for last, and that would be the price, right now Crack Berry is offering it for ONLY $19.00, it's a steal for this magnificent program. Thank you.

MICP1480
I had BBSmart and Empower as well, and they failed once I got my Bold. To my knowledge they've never updated thier software for clean compatibility, and have refused to respond to my and others inquiries. It disturbs me that we have to pay more money for the same program we have already purchased, but so be it. I also know nothing about the company (ACE) and given the poor behavior of BBSmart and Empower, I wonder if ACE could be an upgrade packaged under a different name, which of course requires us to repurchase the product.

thanks for your post here though. I'll give the free trial a try and see how it goes. There are many posts here wondering why one would use such a program now that BB Mail is upgraded but there clearly are advantages, so I'll give another program a try.

thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
MICP1480
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon

Sorry to report that Ace HTML Email Viewer was acting up on me, and then I read that it's not compatible with the 8330. I find this very strange that this program and Empower Pro are identical twins, and have the same issues with the 8330 running on the 4.5 platform. Don't waste your time downloading any one of these, they don't work properly on the above blackberry with that platform.

MICP1450
Old 06-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

update: tried Ace email viewer w/ my bold and though it worked there were a few disspointers. Not nearly the amount of options that were/are provided by Empower; no way to select text in an email in Ace view etc.

I finally got some communications with Empower. They are working toward a version for Bold/Storm.
Closed Thread